Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Enable Externally Visible Skype for Business Profile Pictures

In SfB on premises you have the ability to set "EnablePresencePhotoOptions" to true under New-CsClientPolicyEntry.

This then allows you enable users with the ability to specify a URL for a profile picture in the SfB client.

In SfB online, you're unable to run New-CsClientPolicyEntry, and/or can't enable EnablePresencePhotoOptions.

A a result you cannot specify a publicly accessible image URL for profile pictures and meetings with user external to your Office 365 will be presented with the default blue avatar picture.

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Owens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running OnPrem and using a URL for picture would allow Federated partners to see the contacts picture. Why can't this functionality be added to SfB Online?

• Olu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Owen this feature is now available in the sFB client if you have moved the user to skype online from onpremise.

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. If I am talking to someone on skype and they have a public profile photo on linkedin it should automatically pull the image into skype. Same goes for my address book personals.

• Simon Skotheimsvik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for flagging this as a suggestion. We do miss the option to display profile pictures to federated users even when hosted at Skype for Business Online.

Feedback and Knowledge Base