Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Bug Fix: Login Experience with Multiple Office 365 Accounts

Currently, the Office 365 login screen (https://portal.microsoftonline.com) will conveniently remember multiple accounts. The experience, however, can be buggy.

Frequently, for example, clicking on [Account A] will instead show the email address for [Account B]. In these situations, it is sometimes necessary to go back, log in as [Account B], log out, and then try again with [Account A].

As an agency, we have several customers requiring Office 365 accounts; this process makes switching accounts far more painful than one would expect.

I assume this is some type of state management issue with the single sign on process, possibly due to the account being authenticated for particular domains. Regardless, the expectation is that if I click [Account A] that the email address on the following screen will be for [Account A], and that I will be able to login regardless of the login state of [Account B].

565 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeremy Caney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Sukhdeep Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so irritating, why can't micrsoft handle multiple accounts like google? The experience is so buggy and user has no choice but to keep selecting login again and again, god forbid if you have MFA enabled by organization.

• Francois Kreutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple accounts (at least 6): my company, personal, accounts at my customers, associations to which I belong. With these accounts, I access mailboxes, diffent Sharepoint portals, Azur admin portals, and so on.

With multiple accounts, the user experience is a nightmare. Often I end up having to clear the browser cache to be able to access a ressource.

On every "unauthorized" page there should be a reminder of the account that attempted to login and a link to log in with a different account.

I'm an IT professional and I understand what is going behind the scenes. For standard end users, this just feeds the belief that Microsoft products don't work (that's the feedback I get!).

A must fix.

• Ida Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know it's bad when it's actually more efficient to use different email providers altogether than to use multiple office365 accounts. :(

• Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes google handles multiple accounts much better. With O365 you have to log out before logging into a new account. Makes it very difficult to monitor multiple email boxes all day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we have shared computers at our front desk. 15 or so Office user accounts... please remember MORE accounts.....

This is what I get when I try to open multiple mailboxes:
    :-(
    Something went wrong
    Your request couldn't be completed. HTTP Status code: 500.
    More details...
    Refresh the page

I have multiple O365 accounts because I work for 3 different franchises. I cannot log into one account without logging out of my current account. When our company used to use Google, I could have all three e-mail open up on the same browser. Having to constantly log out and log back in from each account is extremely time consuming and inconvenient. We should be able to log into multiple O365 accounts at the same time on the same Window under different tabs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base