Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Skype for Business - Set Default View in Options (Gallery vs. Speaker vs. Content)

Please add an option to set a Default View in Skype for Business when joining a Conference. The client seems to default to the "Speaker View" when joining a conference but generally "content is king". While it's possible to switch to the "Content View" it would be better (IMHO) to allow the user to set this as the default view if content is shared. The drop down to change the view is available in the top-right of the screen but appears hidden to most of the users I've worked with (including Microsoft Support Engineers). Defaulting to the Content View when content is shared would also negate issues with the speaker window blocking some content and trying to move that window around the content. Thanks for your consideration.

606 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Terry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with other comments here and would like to vote heavily for this capability. Expands collaboration options and ensures everyone on a virtual mtg. can be engaged on all topics and forms of meeting interaction.

• Eran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes... please... please... make Gallery the default, or at least give the user the option to pick his default layout

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. We've migrated to O365 and it's annoying to have to change views during each conference call. The default should change to Content View.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its 2019 and this is still not addressed.
    User needs to be able to set the default view or client should use the last view selected.
    The default intrusive speaker view is most unpopular.

Big Company, no ears. It's dreadfully apparent that they aren't interested in user feedback (not testing feedback as evidenced by the errors in the recent Windows 10 updates).

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two pages of "I agree." How many do we need?
    I agree, I found this page by Googling for a solution.

I would like to set Content View -- by default.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Gallery view is not an option to select. All options should be available for selection. Is this managed by the administrator or a user setting?

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, at a minimum please give users the option to set their own default preference.

I change the view to Content at the start of almost every call. Admittedly it is only a few seconds to switch the view but it is very annoying to have to do so multiple times a day.

This is so infuriating... People have been asking for this for YEARS why is it not an option. Pathetic. It's such an unnecessary feature cause if you don't know who the speaker is (you probably should, they invited you to a meeting but ok) you can always click on participant list to see who's mic is flashing. SERIOUSLY Microsoft.

• !Ms Office commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

these are def ears.

You are basically QA for Microsoft Office.

for eg. this is part of user-agreement.... :)

The Company may prohibit any user from using the Service in its sole discretion at any time for any reason, and is not liable for any damage or loss resulting from such prohibition

• David Eberhardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh how nice THIS would be! :)
    In nearly every conference where something is presented, I absolutely NEED to switch to Content view, especially if I am requesting control.

Btw. the Speakers Name could still be presented as an overlay, just being able to click through would be great!

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Speaker View" is intrusive to content, and adds almost zero value. It is a net negative to the application as implemented.

Please update to allow default to completely disable this, as I NEVER use it and it ALWAYS intrudes in shared screen content until I make multiple mouse clicks. Even then, it often causes issues because Skype notifies me with every meeting change and it is occasionally accidentally brought back up to intrude with the screen again.

I don't know anyone who likes to have the speaker tiles cover the presentation content - but many people do not even know that tiny arrow is there to get rid of the tiles. Please at least make this behavior configurable. And make the arrow bigger...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base