37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Mrigayu Ghosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. It's a very easy fix for Microsoft, and I wish that they would do this ASAP. Additionally, it would help so many students who purchased Office for the exact purpose of writing academic papers.

• Shuja Shakir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why MS is so slow on updating MLA seventh when so many users are already complaining. As for me, I have shifted to Mendeley that is far better referencing software.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The academic community buys the product as it is expected to cater to their needs. Please update to MLA 8

• Cheryl Heemstra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update!!! I teach my students how to use this feature and it is worthless if you cannot depend on the reference tool to provide the proper citations of MLA 8!

• Daoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update it as soon as possible otherwise Word is no better than obsolete for academic scholars. I hope you take this seriously

• Michelle Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe Word is so far behind on this topic. It was frustrating enough that the MLA 7th Edition settings in Word wouldn't format correctly in the Works Cited feature, and now we're stuck with 7 a good two years or so after MLA 8 has been released. Please get with the times AND make sure citations and Works Cited are correct.

• Tech Teacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Word 2016/Office 365 doesn't contain the latest MLA edition in the Manage Sources Tool. It has MLA 7th edition and the current edition is 8th. Can this be updated please?

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its been too long for a subscription-based application to be this outdated. This just shows how microsoft is a failure as a company.

• Cylenthia LaToye Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! It is beyond time to update Word to include MLA 8! Professors are requiring its usage and it is much easier for students and professors, if the functionality is readily accessible in the program. Thank you. Judge C. L. Miller (Adjunct Professor)

Please request Microsoft to contact MLA at https://style.mla.org/ and to urgently update the details in all editions of the Microsoft versions of the MLA Template for Word, and provide access to the required Styles in the ribbon. Remove old templates that reference the 7th edition. Refer to MLA Handbook EIGTH EDITION please.

If you want to compete in the education market you must update to MLA 8th edition. It has been two years since MLA changed to 8th edition!

• Loridory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a BYU-Idaho online student. EVERYTHING is MLA 8th Edition, not just English or writing classes. Please create the update to 8th edition because I'm over 30 and can't figure out how to modify the code myself.

I teach people about references, and so many people I see are confused when the MLA references in Word are not correct. Update to the 8th edition! After all, MLA is widely used. People should not have to request updates - whatever styles are supported should be automatically udpated. Or don't include references as a feature. Outdated styles are NOT helpful.

• Rachel E. Hinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to citation support, you should review the actual style guide for formatting Works Cited page. Bibliography content should automatically be double-spaced. Web access dates should be preceded by the word, "Accessed". Access dates are after the URL or DOI.

I send my students to https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/ which provides one of the best resources for teaching MLA Formatting and Style Guide. They also provide similar resources for APA Formatting and Style Guide (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base