Add Alias functionality of "hotmail" to Office 365; i.e. being able to select "sent from" account
Please add to Office 365 webapp and google play app the ability to select in the "sent from" field either the primary email address or any of the associated alias with the account.
Right now, when adding Alias, you can not do this in Office 365 webapp or google play app. This is however available in the "hotmail" outlook webapp and works flawlessly.
I.E. (in outlook non-office 365 or "hotmail" webapp)
- When in an "alias" folder, it defaults to the "sent from" of the Alias when replying to incoming alias email.
- When in the primary email address folder, defaults to the primary email address when replying to primary email address email.
In both cases, the "sent from" field can be changed to either email address
google "office 365 send as alias" and find hundereds of customers struggling with the missing ability to send from alias dating several years back. why is microsoft continually ignoring this customer request?
imho a solution should be:
- allow sending from any alias attached to a user in any outlook-client (desktop, mobiles, web).
- keep the alias the mail was sent to as the mail-recipient without changing it to the accounts main mail address.
- when replying, automatically use the alias the incoming mail was sent to as the reply's sender.
Jon H commented
I agree that you should be able to send as any alias associated with your account.. It is terrible that this can not be done. Should be able to send as an alias from OWA, Outlook and from active sync device.
Nicolò Manzotti commented
Forgot to add - make available in outlook desktop as well