Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office Online Limitations - Extremely limiting

Please assist me in bringing the issues we are experiencing to the attention of the correct department as we would like to see future improvements on this product as soon as possible.

1. Find function is very limited
No summary of cell locations for matches displayed

2. No Custom Sort Option

3. Vlookup formula loses focus when you lookup between sheets

4. No filtering by cell color

5. No freeze panes option (or at least freeze top row)

6. No cell border options

7. No replace with option (Used alot and urgently needed)

8. Limited print options
Page layout missing
Landscape / Horizonal missing
Page Count?

9. No Text to column option

10. No Remove duplicates

11. No Pivot Table

When comparing this basic functionality to rivals like google I would expect Microsoft to up their game in this area and enable their existing user base with basics first.

Less is more and by saying that I want to emphasize that before Office 365 gets more nice to have Facebook like features that the basics should be of better quality

1,530 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Werner de Bruin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

(Update from Office engineering) Thank you for voting, we appreciate your feedback. User Voice is an important input we are considering when establishing the product road map. In general, when providing feedback specific for Excel Online, I would recommend using Excel Online UserVoice, where you’ll find the specific feature granularity.

I would like to use the opportunity to provide update on progress:

What is already available in production?
    • Find dialog remain open when find item for find next.
    • replace dialog
    • Ability to Freeze Panes

Please give it a try, we are looking forward to your feedback.

What is high on our backlog – Impacted by User Voice voting – Keep voting

• Custom Sort
    • Enable reference to a cell in another sheet by click (In Vlookup as well)
    • Enhanced Print
    • Pivot table

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are unable to deploy Office Excel Online in our business because it is missing very basic features such as Insert Coped Cells, which has been around for decades on the desktop client and nearly every spreadsheet application.

• Chaz Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Webapps allow for a consistent customer experience without having to deploy or manage desktop apps. You get the same experience regardless of native OS platform.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't understand this request. The best office experience is the desktop applications. Why would you want or expect the same from web? If you are missing some features, just use the desktop versions. Web is just for emergencies when you are not on a computer with Office instaled.

• David Hess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot paste selections larger than 100K into Excel Online. This is extremely limiting. Sheets does not have this limitation.

• joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To break it down, these are functions that are urgently needed. It has been years now. To make your customers compete on just 1 of these points in excel user voice is silly.

Customers are not sheep!!

• Jasper Siegmund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for printing... should we create separate uservoice requests for these items? Seems difficult to track now.

October 22nd this was posted and still no progress on this or any feedback. Showing you that even this forum MEANS NOTHING to Microsoft.

THEY ARE FAKE NEWS!

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to add to the list...in Excel Online you can't Ctrl + Click to choose non-adjacent cells. They either have to be next to each other or you can't select at the same time.

A-freaking-men! There's some weird, limiting feature being rolled out every other day, which almost never works and which is rolled out at the expense of the major features actually working.

Microsoft Support can be scrapped as none of our feedback gets attention.

They are quick to log a ticket and close it with simple answers as by design.

By design ??? really ??? then why do we give feedback - is it not to change the by design????

USELESS SUPPORT

• Rudy GIBIER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another limitation : from my keyboard, with the numeric keypad, when I type numbers with a comma, it is a dot wich appeared on the screen, but excel online is expecting a comma (not a dot).

=> so I must erase the character and change it by a coma (I do that with the other touch of the keyboard)

And I have opened a case on Microsoft support, but the answer is :"as design"

It is not possible to change it....

And this thread meant nothing, no worthwhile response from microsoft, why is this then a uservoice site

• Thaddeus Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible as stop gap between more robust Online Office Apps to provide as an add-on benefit (either free to current tenants or for a small fee) a RDS remote app solution? Where as a tenant we have access to the current (current -1) Office Suite through a remote session to remote app server in Azure. Not sure how difficult it would be but sounds likes a great idea in my head. I am sure the workforce at MS can figure out how to make it happen. Feel free to contact me.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base