Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

allow contact list sharing in OWA

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

197 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cannot use OWA at all if this feature is not enabled. Do not understand Microsoft. They want us to go into the cloud but do not provide such basic essentials. Being able to share an addressbook containing all clients with my team is a basic necessity in collaboration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have users who are working with OWA only and they need to have access to Contacts that are shared with them. It is a big hassle if that does not work

• D. Sindu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? We still have to manually synchronize contact lists in outlook for some users so that they synchronize in OWA and they can share them.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get this. Not only can you not share contact lists which is an obvious thing to need to do in OWA, but the export functionality doesn't work on a contact list either (i.e. a list made by going into People, My Contacts, New, Contact List). That is really poor.

• Bansi Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot share contact lists in /owa- this is inconvenient as our organisation is OWA based.

I could download in desktop outlook so cannot understand why this feature is not made available in OWA

This is a very important issue to us since many of our users use the Outlook client on the Apple iPhone. It works on the iPad, but not the iPad or the OWA

Many of our nonprofit users only use their browser and ipad. This seems to work on my iPad, but not iPhone???? Seems like it should be an easier fix if it works under different IOSs.

Please allow for easy sharing of the Contacts folder, the same as Calendars in O365 OWA.

• LD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential function across the O365 mobile office. Private contact sets need to be shareable and editable via OWA/Mobile for specific needs and should be a part of Exchange Online.

• Brian L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE DO THIS NOW!!!!! How is the world are you supports to keep a company-wide rolodex up-to-date across the employees, if every time a contact is added, you have to re-import them?!?!?!? This is a MAJOR oversight and should be corrected IMMEDIATELY. There really is no excuse for this especially since this a service we are paying for. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

• Neeraj Tiwari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have this function. One of our biggest school needs this function. The employees and teachers use Outlook 2016 and OWA.

• Alain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has to be broader than OWA.
    We need a way to consistently share and edit contacts from one or more contact databases to all platforms: Outlook, Outlook OWA AND all mobile apps.
    Furthermore each user should be able to choose if these shared contact databases ought to be synced to his/her mobile device if native mobile contact apps are used.
    I can't believe this doesn't already exist !!!

• Javier Tallón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are experiencing exactly the same issue as Rudy GIBIER. Support team told us it's not supported and we cannot do anything.

Distribution groups or Office365 groups is not enough because we need to share some distribution lists only with some users, not with the whole organization.

Calendar sharing is fully supported in OWA, why not contacts sharing?

I swear this is consuming tons of time and energy on our IT team.

Please, consider this.

• Rudy GIBIER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We got the same need : but we didn't share contacts lists by user's mail but we use public folders to share contacts and groups of contacts between services (not readable to the entire company).

It is ok with Oulook, but in OWA :
    . we can browse the shared contacts and lists folder
    . we can select and send mails to the contacts of the folder
    . But we can select groups (lists) and add them as recipient, but when we send the mail, an error appeares

What amazing restriction !!!!!

Microsoft must really to improve this use

Please allow for easy sharing of the Contacts folder, the same as Calendars in O365 OWA.

Feedback and Knowledge Base