Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Use of Drop down list within Office Forms

Can we have the option of a drop down menu within Office Forms. This is available within Google Forms and is a very nice feature.

923 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually can't use it without dropdowns which means inconsistent branding and appearance for our work which is frustrating to say the least. Please add this in, otherwise I will have to discontinue using MS Forms

I can't believe it's 2019 and Microsoft forms has no drop down button. Such a shame.

Seriously a drop down box is required for make form more active, image having like 20 options for a question and you using choice, it awkward now but the dropdown box can help, please add this option.

• Ilan Margi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee - it is sp important !!!!!
    have the option of a drop down menu within Office Forms !!! so we can enjoy that also on Cell Phones !!

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? After 3 years for this basic functionality. You want companies to leverage this platform, but the basics are still missing.

• Walt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you are missing some obvious features. MS Form is no good. We're asking for such simple features here. You shouldn't even offer Forms at all if this is going to be this poorly designed.

• TD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in the previous post, selections in the drop down lists do not populate the excel sheet. Without this functionality it does make drop downs pretty useless with a spreadsheet. Would there happen to be a fix in the works to resolve this?

The drop down list in forms does not populate the results to the excel sheet. This makes the form useless for compiling data as you have to check each individual submission for the data required in that field.

• Chad J DeMeuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to alphabetize your drop down menu? I tried copying and pasting an alphabetized list into the drop down menu, but unfortunately that did not work.

• Rune Frewald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is only possible to use "drop down list" if its viewed on a desktop computer. If you view form as an end user on a mobile phone, it is not shown as a drop down.
    We need it to work on mobile phones as well.

• John Childers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kelly Eleftheriou is correct. 1) Add a "Choice" question. 2) Click the ellipsis (...) in the lower right. 3) Select "dropdown."

• ReyO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been working with Form but I don't know when exactly the added this option but while creating the list, on the right hand of required you can open the menu and it gives you the drop down option.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base