Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Use of Drop down list within Office Forms

Can we have the option of a drop down menu within Office Forms. This is available within Google Forms and is a very nice feature.

741 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in the previous post, selections in the drop down lists do not populate the excel sheet. Without this functionality it does make drop downs pretty useless with a spreadsheet. Would there happen to be a fix in the works to resolve this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The drop down list in forms does not populate the results to the excel sheet. This makes the form useless for compiling data as you have to check each individual submission for the data required in that field.

• Chad J DeMeuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to alphabetize your drop down menu? I tried copying and pasting an alphabetized list into the drop down menu, but unfortunately that did not work.

• Rune Frewald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is only possible to use "drop down list" if its viewed on a desktop computer. If you view form as an end user on a mobile phone, it is not shown as a drop down.
        We need it to work on mobile phones as well.

• John Childers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kelly Eleftheriou is correct. 1) Add a "Choice" question. 2) Click the ellipsis (...) in the lower right. 3) Select "dropdown."

• ReyO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been working with Form but I don't know when exactly the added this option but while creating the list, on the right hand of required you can open the menu and it gives you the drop down option.

Please add this feature. It would make the forms feature a more complete tool and is necessary in many businesses' operations.

Some users are saying that when using an option question with a large set of options it will switch to a drop-down. This is not my experience. It should be added as an explicit option anyway. Without it Forms is almost useless.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When does the selection change to a drop-down. I tried on my office computer and the (long) list was a drop-down, but when I tried again at home, it was radio buttons again!

This feature is available in Sharepoint, there needs to be a convergence on the survey/poll experience.

This is so needed - it's such basic functionality that would be used in most forms!

There is no direct dropdown list available, I tried with radio buttons and when your options goes more than 6 it auto converts radio buttons to dropdown. Little workaround but not useful for less than 6 items.

• G. Segal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office Forms are not allowed for paid subscription (consumer Office 365) but it is free for students - This is Crazy
        There is no Evaluation download for it. Why MS does not promote it?
        there is almost NO info on line about this product!!!

Wow 3 years and still no dropdown implemented. how can MS shaer the same space as Google.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base