Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Restore removed functionality to print from Publisher to a PDF using CMYK settings

In Publisher 2010, one had the option to print using a CMYK colour scheme, which is required by the commercial printer that does the printing of my newsletter. The functionality has worked well for many years. When I upgraded to Office 2013 (on an Office 365 subscription), I see that the feature was removed (i.e. one can only print in RGB format). Why was this feature removed, and can it be reinstated?

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dale Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pirinting in CMYK isn't obsolete, but I wouldn't mind if Publisher was. I have used 2003 and 2010 with CMYK functionality in the past. And now the new versions are proving themselves totally useless without it. Please bring it back, like hundreds of people have asked here

• Paul Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use publisher 2010 and this is the only thing that is stopping me from upgrading to office 365. Microsoft - you are losing revenue because of your insane decision!!

Grow a pair and listen to your customers!

• Tammie Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Bring back this option. I create all my grandchildren's invitations, Christmas cards, flyers, posters, and other family items in Publisher and take to local print shop to print off several copies. With this option removed I can no longer do that. My colors come out all wrong. They do not have RGB printers at those locations only CMYK. WE NEED THIS FUNCTION BACK!!!!!!!!

• Mr. M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the functionality to print from Publisher to a PDF using CMYK settings, I need this to submit viable files to the printing contractor.

• Edwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft what were you thinking about? Converting a Publisher 2016 file to CMYK is paramount for professionals. My commercial printer has rejected files because they are RGB.

Please put it right guys, ASAP.

• CB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had known this before upgrading to Office 365! It is causing me great concern of how to move forward. I MUST be able to send CMYK files to our commercial printers - they will simply refuse anything else and I don't have the time for some of the workarounds I've found online nor to learn a new program. This is quite irritating!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What was MS thinking by removing CMYK as an option for saving documents for printers. My printers want it, and I am now stuck. Next Google Search: publishing programs that have CMYK

• Nico vd Merwe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft

Nowhere on the planet do you get a commercial printer that will use Red Green & Blue inks. (RGB)
    Everyone on the planet can only print in Cyan Magenta Yellow Black. (CMYK)

Restore the CMYK conversion functionality!!
    (or rename your product to Microsoft Website Graphics and remove any reference to paper sizes - because if it can't do CMYK, it definitely can't be called a Publishing program)

Please support your MS Publisher product manager and dev team. And whomever made the decision to remove the CMYK colour conversion: You sir/madam should be slapped (fired).

Microsoft, you have a forum for feedback, but what is the point if customers have been giving the necessary feedback for more than a year, but no one seems to be interested in working on the solution.

And please tell your community of supporters (paying customers) when you start working on a solution, to prevent us from cancelling our 365 subscriptions in future in favor of some other platform.

• Ryszard Boc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absolutely essential to have CMYK color mode available. Without this feature I will have to phase out using this product.
    It is hard to understand why Microsoft is going against industry standards. Quite irresponsible.

• Michael Münkle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CMYK is essential for commercial printers. Please restore the CMYK function in Publisher 2016 and beyond. I am still using Publisher 2010 because the later Versions lacking CMYK functions are useless.

• DAVID PALMER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CMYK is essential for commercial printers.
    Although Adobe InDesign is a much more capable program it is expensive and has a steeper learning curve which is why occasional users stayed with Publisher.
    Please restore the functionality!.

Please restore the CMYK function in Publisher 2016 and beyond - we are a small business producing our own artwork for our flyers/exhibition stands and are now unable to provide commercial printers with a version they can print. We would have to start using Adobe Photoshop to do this. Please restore this functionality in Publisher, it is absolutely essential.

Please reinstate the color model. It is imperative for offset printing. PDFs created with the rgb model of 2016 produce severely distorted color results in images. Peoples faces are all blasted out red. I dont understand why you fixed something that wasnt broke and made it worse?

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reinstate the ability to save in CMYK for printing. What I find ironic, is that Publisher is primarily for PRINTED items (although many of us use it to create files for web use). My desktop printer utilizes CMYK and commercial printers require files to be submitted in CMYK (excluding when we use Pantone). I just cannot understand why Publisher would take away that option from those of us who require it.

• Larry Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We absolutely need the ability to create and send files created in Microsoft Publisher 2016 in cmyk pdf files. Microsoft Publisher 2016 advertising clearly states that it can create commercially printable files. Unless the files can be exported as cmyk process color that is a fiction, and the program should be relegated to hobbyists, not professionals, and clearly labeled as such.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base