Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Multiple Exchange accounts in Skype for Business

I have multiple exchange accounts to support different customers, including one from my employer. Two are through 365 and one is for a on premise Exchange/Lync. It would be very helpful if I could connect to these accounts simultaneously in Skype for business.

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Weiss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yurii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I work for two companies, and I need to switch between accounts constantly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I have two 365 accounts with different clients and require to be logged into skype for business on both accounts at the same time - it is critical!

I agree this is mandatory. As a consultant, I constantly have to switch between multiple accounts, one for each of my clients ...

• Samuel Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two managers, one at each company I work for (matrix management) and so have two O365 accounts and need to stay connected to both accounts at the same time. Concurrent logins with Skype - like Outlook does - would be very helpful!

Two years since this has been posted, when will there be a roadmap update for this development?

• David Frey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a consultant, and as other have stated, it would be most helpful to have multiple simultaneous sessions available within the Skype for Business desktop client and phone apps (ios for me). I currently have 6 separate accounts (all O365), and that is only going to expand. You could make it so there is a primary in order to support VoIP / PSTN, which I also use associated with one account, and then multiple tabs where each one is a separate session, not unlike a remote desktop management console.

• Brian J Brochu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely helpful if I had the capability to have two Business Skype accounts on one Windows 10 PC for my work situation with multiple clients.

• Ravi Pahuja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have feature as supporting multiple clients so have to be online with their domain account..not sure what should be done in the meantime.

I also need this function, please add simultan login, or an easy way zu change the account.

• Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need to connect with skype for business with 2 organizations I give support to. Both are office365 organizations.

This is a very valuable feature to add for multiple reasons. One such reason is that when multiple exchange accounts are connected in Outlook and you're creating a New Skype Meeting request from an exchange user other than the one you're signed into Skype with, you receive the following error: "The user accounts in Outlook and Microsoft Lync do not match. Please make sure you are signed in to both applications with the same user name and privileges."

If Skype had the ability to connect to multiple exchange accounts like Outlook does, this issue would be mitigated.

• Martin Buebl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important. I need to be available to multiple organizations at the same time. Now I either have to log off/log in with different user accounts (which makes me unavailble for the other organizations during this time) or set up clients in different virtual machines (which then causes issues with voice/video calls as the hardware is not fully looped through the VM).

• Andy Brush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very, Very important. There are so many of us with two companies, or a company and family account, or a job and volunteer gig, etc., that really need to be bale to be listening for connections on multiple SfB accounts at the same time.

• Matthew McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also something my company deals with. We have 2 separate domains for marketing two lines of business, each with their down office 365 instance. Some people only exist in one, while others exist in both, but because they are separate entities, they can't be the same AD users with aliases/multiple inboxes. This leads to have separate SfB accounts and while one instance of outlook can manage both emails, I can't do the samr with Skype for IM profiles.

Feedback and Knowledge Base