Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office365 group calendar - turn off edit notification

Hi,

When I add new event to group calendar I can turn off option: "Send an invitation to the group". But I can't turn it off, when I'm editing my event.

I would like to set default group setting to not posting notifications about group calendar events.
It also would be nice, if I could just unmark this option while editing.

Sincerly,
Piotr

340 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
pkrzeszewski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature as off by default with the ability to turn it on. who wants to receive 5 emails about john doe adding and editing events in the calendar.

We would also appreciate that feature. It is annoying when you are a member of a few groups an receive all the calendar invitations and alerts from all the groups.

This feature would be amazing. I'm struggling with a staff of 75 members right now who all share a group calendar. The notifications, the confusion and the frustration this is causing is unreal.

This feature would be greatly appreciated, especially since the functionality CAN be achieved using the installed version of Outlook for Macintosh.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I create a new event I'm able to untick 'send invitation to the group', but if I then try to add individual people, the tick reappears and is greyed out so I can't remove it!

I think I must be missing something!

• Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! And I have the votes of all those at the office behind me. The lack of being able to do this causes inboxes to be flooded more than they need, and people are not speaking well of it.

Thank you, Piotr, for posting this.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base