Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office365 group calendar - turn off edit notification

Hi,

When I add new event to group calendar I can turn off option: "Send an invitation to the group". But I can't turn it off, when I'm editing my event.

I would like to set default group setting to not posting notifications about group calendar events.
It also would be nice, if I could just unmark this option while editing.

Sincerly,
Piotr

365 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
pkrzeszewski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • liz braun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - This is a BIGGIE for us too!! Please fix asap as i really don't want to have to introduce shared mailboxes again as we're really trying to get away from those.

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please fix this issue!!! It is causing a major headache in our organization. Group calendars could be such a nice feature but the spamming of the group members is a nightmare. We need group calendars that users can view as needed without receiving invitations on every event. This has been a major flaw in this system for years now!

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While not the best work around, You can make a Shared Mailbox, designate the person who will be in charge of maintaining the calendar as a delegate with full access to the mailbox. Then change the permissions on the calendar to provide Full read access then you can have your end users add the calendar to their outlook manually. (not ideal for very large organization since you want this done automatically). But till Microsoft can come up with a fix for this, it seems to work just fine.

Problem with Office 365 is its a glorified distribution list with extra features, so its working as intended it sends a distributed invitation to all members of the group. Now at the user level through OWA you can go in and disable notification from this group and the end user wont receive the invitation to their mailbox.

• Jan De Ceuleneer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this issue be solved? Would like to use a group Calendar with +400 people and don't want to spam these users all the time!

• Lenny McCoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so fundamental - deal breaker.. come on MS this has been going on too long now...

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These notifications have prevented my company from using O365 calendar to inform each other about internal training, to encourage knowledge sharing. The obligatory spam to all group members renders this feature unusable for us. It really is a shame. Please allow us to turn the notifications off.

• Leif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The O365 Group calendars are not very useful, because any time someone posts to the calendar, the entire group is spammed with an email invitation. We'd like to be able to use it like a board that people can check, not like a distribution list.

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue! We only need notification emails to go out to those invited, NOT the whole group. The ability to toggle the "send a meeting invitation to group members" needs to be available for the creator of the event.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is badly need. I have a Flow that creates events multiple times a day, and each time a personal calendar get a copy :( Sadly, the UI option (Send a meeting invite to group members) is NOT exposed in Flow or programmatically which forces us to NOT use groups.

Hi,
    I would like to ask concerning the Office 365 groups.
    So if we have multiple users in a group, and one user wants to update the calendar, without the whole team getting the notification.

Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much, Jean :)

• Darren Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In combination with the fact that Group Calendars are not available as a normal calendar within the Outlook Client (Mac), this default setting within the OWA client is a show-stopper for enabling shared group calendars across our organisation. Could the admins please let us know when this request will be actioned as part of the roadmap.

Would like to get All Group Members removed from the recipient list when inviting users to an appointment.
    Not everyone needs to receive those.

• Maz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add this feature. Hundreds of emails every time someone enters something in the calendar is very frustrating.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Piotr (pkrzeszewski)

In addition, I would like to have a global setting to enable/disable "Send an invitation to the group" We sometimes need to schedule a huge line up of appointments. This will become annoying if we have to uncheck the box every time we are scheduling a huge list of appointments for both the scheduler and the recipient (when we do not remember to un-check the box).

Hopefully, you will be able to add this feature. Thank you.

• Andris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support it.

Need Group calendar with 2 functions:
    1. Notice board where all can see group events (but not being notified),
    2. Possibility to send calendar notification when need to notify the group (of new event or change in it).

It is crutial in case of larger organisation that by default it is #1.
    And then when I want to enable it as by default for the group to be auto-notice sending, then I have such option available.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please re-enable the ability to deselect the check next to "Send an invitation to the group." This used to work a couple of years ago.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base