Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Please allow admins to force update Offline Address Book (OAB)

Currently new OAB is generated on a daily schedule, which is too slow for fast ad-hock business needs and it affects groups in Skype For Business.

254 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
itai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • MOYON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have update-offlineaddressbook in O365 EOL like in Exchange On Premise allows

• Harsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big vote from me as well, please give admins the ability to increase frequency

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty please add the cmdlet Update-OfflineAddressBook to O365.
    I do not understand how this can be so difficult.
    You've made things worse, not better. Admins need more control and abilities, NOT less...!!!

• Pachi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it somewhat strange that in modern day technology pooling a bunch of e-mail addresses would take 24 hours. If I copied several gigabytes of data to the cloud it wouldn't take 24 hours so why would creating an OAB on demand could possibly take so long or be impossible in terms of O365?

• Ken Riggleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need this is very infrequently, probably once or twice a year, but when it is needed it has significant business impact and is therefore very important. We have had previous cases where 1000+ addresses were incorrectly updated by automated processes and needed to be updated as quickly as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed very infrequently, but when it is needed it is very important. We just updated 200 mailboxes last night that moved to a new organization and we needed to update the Outlook address books as quickly as possible.

At least if there was some visibibility into the schedule so you could tell "when" users can update their OAB to the latest version would be better than nothing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base