Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

User Profile Mobile Phone Number

I'm surprised this is still a thing, but if you populate the mobile phone attribute for users in AD, you apparently can (though not in my experience) get said attribute to sync to your Azure AD profile. However, it DOES NOT sync to your SharePoint online/Delve profiles.

This is a fairly annoying thing that's been on people's radar for about 3 years, apparently. I found a powershell script that is supposed to get around the issue, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Having that attribute be one of the ones that syncs from Azure AD profiles would be very helpful. Even better would be the ability to map attributes like you can in SharePoint On-premises.

312 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick Brattoli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm amazed that this wasn't enabled from the outset, especially with how common it is now to replace desk phones with mobiles. I was able to update them using SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline, but it's a long process to loop through all users, and can't be automated. Hopefully we can figure out how to use a Microsoft Graph API, but I don't know yet if it'll work for our AAD license.
        https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/SharePoint-Staff-Directory/td-p/147218

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really annoying, should be standard functionality rather than people crying out for this via user voice.

• Awesome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are just noticing mobile numbers are not sync'ing to SharePoint/Delve. This is a must item for Delve and SharePoint.

+ 1 We like to use User Profile in Office365 to get users informations so it's a pitty not to show it Delve, Sharepoint, Outlook, Skype...

Yes would be nice to get Mobile phone field synced from Azure AD to SharePoint Online User profile as standard. Really annoying. I have managed to get the manual sync powershell script to pull field from Azure AD and populate SharePoint Online User profile. Not managed to get the mobile user field to show in my custom form (using CellPhone) though even when synced., But when using my custom form and clicking the user it goes to SharePoint Online/Delve and shows the Mobile Phone entry ok!!

• Viktor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have functionality for organizations that don't allow users to change phone numbers themselves but have the information in the AD! For example, if you have work phone numbers for employees but only mobile phones for consultants, consultants' phone numbers won't show in Delve and that's really an issue. Please fix this!

• LeVar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is complete BS. Microsoft spins it's wheels on **** people don't want and ignore the things we do want.

I am amazed this isn't a standard and PowerShell and other work around need to be used. Its just as painful as the Tumbnailphoto not being used from AD. Get this stuff sorted its basic features you have removed!!

• Björn Debonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be standard availble that either this is synced automatically OR that you can customize what properties should be synced or not.....Couldn't believe this is not available.

Workaround - Create a custom attribute on AD called ( Mobile Phone ). Populate the field and kick off a sync to Azure AD which in turn populates SPO

Feedback and Knowledge Base