I suggest you ...

Copy Planner Tasks and Buckets

Add the option to copy planner tasks and buckets within the same plan and to other plans. Trello has this functionality (so does Asana and basically every pm tool) and it is extremely important. Creating plans is VERY SLOW without this.

591 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback on the O365 UserVoice site. I am declining here, because there’s a separate Planner UserVoice site, and that is truly the best place to provide this input and make sure the right engineers see your request. Unfortunately, I can’t transfer votes from one UserVoice site to another, so you’ll have to go to https://planner.uservoice.com and either find a comparable suggestion or create a new one. I genuinely apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to make this a more seamless experience as we continually improve this feedback channel.

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Glen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there anyway to have a teams tasks duplicated to run for a year from a specific date? so it saves having to copy each task individually each day and add them to the next for my team?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried this out for the first time today and...... there's so much potential, but i can't use it at all for what i want...

Essentially i want to make templates tasks for the team like all the steps for building a server and tick them off as we go... I made on then realized i couldn't do anything with it.. absolutely pointless.. come on MS this is basic... a few extra features and this will really become useful :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could really use this feature. Many of our To Do buckets have duplicate tasks. The ability to copy tasks to multiple buckets would be a big time saver.

• Jose Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to assign the same plan to 15 different team members and track the progress for each member... I am not ready to create the exact same plan 15 times! I think I will re-think using this until I can copy plans

I have repetitive tasks that happen weekly but need to be tracked individually. They are a lot of steps to build - and I should be able to copy the work once it's done. Really need it to make this thing work for me - and once I have it, this will be a MASSIVE increase in productivity and tracking for me

• Anthony McGovern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% adding my voice to this we moved from ASANA to MS Planner. we're in the middle of a multi-site domain merge and while planner is extremely useful for keeping track of these tasks. Its time consuming having to copy/paste a task which has 20/30 actions between other tasks and buckets. PLEASE microsoft add this feature.

• DVH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the voice of our Project Manager team to this. We run large programs with many buckets and tasks and having Copy would ease 'templating' of plan setup for our projects.

Agreed - our team can't even consider using this before the copy functionality is incorporated

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base