Unify or Aggregate ALL Tasks
Using several Microsoft services (Outlook, OneNote, Planner, Project, Dynamics CRM ++).. Tasks are a huge mess. One creates tasks here, there and everywhere but what is severely lacking is ONE unified view/application to aggregate all the tasks you have created no matter which (Microsoft) service you have created them in. No "Add to Outook", the task is just there. Please bring this feature to f.ex Wunderlist. Also add possibility to add several user identities into the aggregated view.
I agree, a single aggregator for both work and personal tasks from any MS service/tool (9including MS Project) available to me through O365 from any device. I spent time just recently copying OneNote and Cortana tasks to Wunderlist.
Specifically, the ability to sync my OneNote tasks into SharePoint!
Peter Vincent commented
I'm a SharePoint consultant for a Microsoft Partner in Sydney, Australia and I frequently get asked about aggregating tasks.
Isn't this what Delve is for? Finding 'things' that would be helpful or of interest to you?
A link on the side of you Delve profile page is what we used to have (My-Sites back then)
As raised in this post, people have been after this feature since it was removed back in 2012.
Whether you're making use of Outlook tasks, Planner, Groups, Project or just plain old SharePoint teams sites Delve should already be aware of the tasks assigned to you, why not list them all in one place?
Or at least link off the relevant tool that has the task... if you're worried about losing a revenue stream
I use a Windows Mobile 10 device (Lumia 950) and task support is gone since windows mobile 10. Seems like Microsoft is moving away from the old fashion task support. The funny thing is that its just gone and there is no replacement that i know of that works accross different plattforms like Outlook tasks did? What is the future plan for tasks that works on different plattform and services that can show you a reminder on any device of youre choise? Old fashion tasks had that (supported in Sharepoint, Outlook, OneNote and so on). Reminders worked on every mobile device (until they just deleted the feature it in windows 10 mobile?!?)
Dear MS, if you are still going to reinvent productivity, why not make the core TASKS/TO-DO functionality in Outlook/O365 finally work properly?
I. Unify the core task functionality to get consistent view across devices:
• Enable the necessary Outlook Desktop Tasks functionality (e.g. filters, grouping, views) on the web/mobile. The total number of both Outlook flagged items and tasks of an average user can easily go beyond several hundreds. Managing the priorities and contexts there without custom filters/grouping by categories/viewes is close to impossible.
II. Unify the entire task functionality stack across O365, personal and business applications:
• Make sure that any new task management related initiatives (Wunderlist, Planner, GigJam) do not duplicate and are properly linked to the core functionality already in use (Outlook Tasks + OneNote).
• Support easy-to-use SharePoint, Project, and Dynamics CRM/ERP integration.
• Enable one unified view/application to aggregate all the tasks.
• Tightly integrate the aforementioned additional features/services into one experience.
III. Keep improving the usefulness and usability of the task management functionality: extending the range of features supported and syncing across all devices/platforms, better supporting end-to-end methodologies like GTD etc.