Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office 365 Connected Accounts Update Frequency

I suggest you update Office 365 to allow the user to configure the frequency at which Connected Accounts (gmail, yahoo, etc) are synch'd to Exchange/Outlook. Waiting up to an hour to receive new messages from other accounts is simply NOT acceptable. This has been a known issue for years and needs to be changed NOW.

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kevin Mahoney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Manu Thekkoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frankly, I find the connected accounts feature completely unusable,

Because of following issues,

1. Bad Refresh / Sync Mechanism - Refresh Interval of 60 mins is unacceptable for any professional emails

2. Does n't send mail as the connected account - Sending "on behalf of" option should be configurable for connected accounts

3. Bad Organization / Integration of InBox, Can't Filter out Office 365 and Connected Account Mails ( Adding / Removing Connected Accounts should also remove(optional) the mails from connected account)

4. Outlook (Desktop) - Account Settings - Doesn't reflect the Connected Accounts... Confusing behavior.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is simple unacceptable. The user is not able to configure the synchronization frequency. We have configured a split email routing. Some users are using account on both email servers. The automated frequency is 1 hour which is really annoying.

• Brian Woods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a company that currently works from an account that needs to be accessed via a connected account as the email account is shared by multiple customers. Currently, they retrieve email from that account about once per hour. They have additional data from a previous in house Exchange server that cannot be uploaded to that account (mostly historical emails, uploading them would put users over that accounts mail limit), that account does not support Calendar and Contact sharing, either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quit hoping for Micrisoft to improve. Just switch to gmail. Connected accounts are updated frequently!

• Hugues Viens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more !
    The update frequency is really not acceptable nowadays. At the very least, provide us an option to force synchronisation when we are connected to OWA.
    Every time I'm send a code or a confirmation link, I know I will have to wait about 30+ mn before accessing it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base