Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

more control of grouping emails

emails are grouped by date with annoying group headers (today, yesterday, last week, etc.) In outlook you can remove these headings of the groups to make it cleaner. In webmail you can not. Please fix this.

1,140 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sukesh Khare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see so many votes here and reading everyone's comments to see so many people are like me, I guess technical folks know their stuff too well and don't care much about these features which are at best sales gimmicks more than anything else. The 1st things I do when setting up Outlook in any device is disable Focussed Inbox, Conversations View, Groupings and any filters...a natural chronological free flowing never ending email feed is all we care about and LOVE, please don't ****** that away. Please allow to disable date groupings.

• Sam Malenfant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A slightly miserable way to remove date groups is to "Sort by" something innocuous like "Importance" (mostly all Normal) or "attachments" (mostly none). The date will always be in reverse order (newest first) which may be OK in the web interface.

• M A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was a way to disable this feature. It wastes screen space and I already know how old the email is by the date posted next to the subject line. I don't know why I also need an additional divider ruining the flow of my in box :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. Please support the option to disable superfluous group headers (today, yesterday, last week)

I WASTE SO MUCH TIME SCROLLING DOWN ON MY E-MAIL DUE TO THIS STUPID WASTE OF SPACE. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Can we have the option to remove date grouping back please. Waste of screen space

I happen to like this grouping feature, but it has mysteriously disappeared in the latest update of Outlook for my Mac. How can I reinstall this feature?

Huge waste of screen space - 50% is filled with pointless date groupings. The date is already posted on each email heading anyway! No need for the additional breakdown.

• Mac Booker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the suggestion that it should be made optional.
        It does seem odd that it's not really, particularly as 'date' is one of the fields anyway.
        It reduces the amount space to actually list the email items themselves.

• Jolene Mittelstedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature drives me nuts. I can't believe there is no option to disable the groupings by date. Please fix this! Thank you.

I hate this feature of outlook webmail. It should be possible to disable it. I can't believe there is not this option. Grouping by date is so ugly and difficult to look at and confusing. Congratulations Microsoft on a mandatory feature that at once wastes empty space AND creates a cluttered look. Hideous. I wish my workplace would go back to gmail which is far superior.

• Bonny Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please give us the option to turn this off, which we had in the desktop version. It's VERY annoying and clutters up the inbox.

Please give us the option of turning off the grouping by date. I don't care to have my emails continually grouped by date. It is so annoying and takes up too much space.

PLEASE ALLOW DISABLING OF THE GROUPING IN WEBMAIL OFFICE 365. SO ANNOYING!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base