I suggest you ...

Provide an option to make the Embed Code you can get for documents Public

It would really help if you could make it easy to obtain embed code to use publicly on a website. I have for many years been using Google Docs within my website and would really like to be able to do this easily with Office356.

The facility to obtain a guest link is fine if you want to email out a link to a document but to embed a document on my public website I need embed code which does not require the user to be logged in.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anne ColesAnne Coles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been pulling my hair out over this. I can use the embed feature on a Powerpoint in my personal OneDrive, take the embed code and put that on a website. If I take the embed code from the same Powerpoint in Office 365 One Drive (or sharepoint or whatever its run by) it just shows the Sign In button. How is that an embed? Maybe it works fine on an internal Office 365 sharepoint site, when you're already logged in but not on the wider web.
        I can hack together a working URL using the public shareable link and some extra URL params, but thats not going to work for all the other users in our Office 365 domain account.

• Clint HamadaClint Hamada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. As a teacher and Office 365 for Education user, this is vital. We want our students sharing their work publicly with as few hoops to jump through and as little hassle as possible. We also want to make information available to parents easily that can also reflect the constant state of change present in every school day/schedule. Creating a second version of the document/presentation so that it can be uploaded on Docs.com or Slideshare or wherever is not a viable or efficient solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base