Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Office 365 Home - Personal email domain availability

Let us use a personal email domain in Office 365 Home.

2,073 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      100 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use your own personal email with a personal domain to connect to any type of Office 365 subscription, including Office 365 Home. Office 365 Home relies on a Microsoft account for authentication. A Microsoft account can be created with any personal domain email, it is not required to be Outlook.com/Hotmail.com, etc. Once the Microsoft account is created using your personal email, you can use it to activate and sign into your Office 365 Home subscription.
      If you don’t have a Microsoft account, go to the Microsoft account sign-up page and click on Create account. In the User name box enter your personal domain email address you wish to use. Fill out the rest of the form and click Create account.
      Now you can set up your Office 365 Home subscription with your Microsoft account. This will be the Microsoft account associated with your Office download. If you have…

• Custom installation from Office 365 (2016)

I need custom installation from Office 365 (2016)!

I need on some computers only Word & Excel. But I MUST install the complete suite with all other never used apps. This need diskspace, that I will use for other apps.

Kind Regards,
      Steffen

1,259 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        150 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Stop the excessive comma suggestions

Lately Word's grammar correction suggests I put a comma after certain specific words every single time I use them, and most of the time it is unnecessary or straight up wrong. Even when they come at the end of a sentence, it will suggest a comma in front of or in place of the period. This includes words like 'also,' 'so,' 'oh,' 'well,' and more. I cannot figure out how to turn this particular suggestion off and it is far too common to not be annoying. Please stop.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can customize the Grammar Checker in the Grammar Settings in the Proofing Options in Word. Please refer to the below linked help article (section “Display the Grammar Settings dialog box”)

https://support.officeppe.com/en-us/article/Select-grammar-and-writing-style-options-in-Office-2016-ecd60e9f-6b2e-4070-b30c-42efa6cff55a?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Just uncheck the check box next to “Introductory Phrase” to turn off the Grammar rule which inserts a comma after introductory phrases.

• Communication

should reply/communication with end user on one email from open to close key

Now, I send request to MS technician, descript our problem.... The technician didn't reply that email. He create new email from MS site to answer my email... It is difficult to follow

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)