Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Isolate traffic to a specific sharepoint site based on physical network

Add the possibility to limit access to a specific SharePoint site based on the physical network of the end user. (eg: ip address that is connecting to the site)

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable private messages download to Outlook from a shared mailbox

If a shared mailbox receives a message marked as private, this message is visible by users only if they log on into OWA.
    Oulook won't download the message so the users don't know if a private message has been received from the shared mailbox.

Please enable the download of that kind of message from Outlook.

Kind regards!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thai language support for Office for Mac

It's been a very long time that Microsoft markets Office for Mac in Thailand. However, Thai language support is still lack behind. In fact, nothing every improve regarding this dimension since Office 2008. Office on Windows supports Thai language very well since Office 97. What about the Mac version? Please, if I can beg, add the full support for Thai language to the Office for Mac. Thank you.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. disable need for wifi connection when using office - if there is no wifi or comms infrastructure how are you supposed to use the application

Allow use of application when there is no connection to wifi and seek license rights when wifi connection returns. Otherwise cannot use OFFICE 365 when travelling

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add an option to turn off automatic emoticons ASAP

I know it's not a new idea, but I wanted to create an addition suggestion in hope to draw attention to the much needed option. Having to use the backspace key every time after the emoticon automatically pops up is extra time consuming. I don't understand the point of a "plain text" option, why would anyone want to write an email without being about to add formatting when needed? Replacing that option with the option of turning off auto-emoticons is far more effective and useful. Fixing this ASAP would be greatly appreciated!

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix lots of issues with Word in Office 365

I have been using Word since DOS, and Word in Office 365 has given me the most issues.
    1. I was working offline and Word gave me an error that I needed to Activate it and would not allow me to keep working. Excel gives me a message every time I use it to check for the licence. Can't it give me a period of a week or so? Is it that bad it needs to check every time?
    2. Word crashed lots of times when I was scrolling. I think that some of the issue may have been with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back the ability to customize the Quick Access Toolbar in Office for Mac

You always used to be able to customize the quick access toolbar in any office application so frequently used commands or those not in the ribbon were easily accessible. It is missing from the Office for Mac 2016 suite of products. Bring it back!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get-LogonStatistics for Exchange Online

It would be great to allow admins to pull the logon statistics for Exchange Online accounts.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OWA - available rooms limitation when creating a new meeting request

After confirming with tests, only the first 100 available rooms are shown in the meeting creation page on the OWA. Please increase this limit for the convenience of OWA users.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve O365 support!

I'm very frustrated with O365 support! Recent experience seems to indicate that support tickets are not looked at when the assigned engineer is on holidays. When tickets are escalated to another engineer there doesn't seem to be proper hand over to the new engineer so they ask the same questions again. When logging a ticket about a problem the initial response is instructions on how to make a configuration change, which is what we had already tried. Updates to tickets can be slow. One ticket I had opened was archived after just 2 days of no updates from myself, which…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Project User Group

Currently Microsoft Project Pro allows you to set 1 "Group" per user. In addition I can set the "Max" unites for the overall employee overall. An adjustment needs to be made so that when creating a user you can add the "Max" units and then define the units per a group.

Use Case: Jane Doe is assigned to my project 100% so the max would be 100. Jane works on multiple teams including the PM (60%, Laboratory(30%) and interoperability (10%) team. It is true that I need to know poor Jane is over allocated but that doesn't tell me where…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PLEASE give us a single invoice instead of credit cards for small amounts

Could you please become customer friendly by stopping all the barriers in getting just one corporate invoice instead of parts on credit cards?

Please escalate this to your marketing/ product development team. It really does not make sense and is quite annoying or better a lot of ****.

About 300 euro is paid monthly by invoice. Why can I not just add those additional licenses to the same invoice?

I also complain about the billing stuff of Azure, which is also a separate invoice and also developer support is a separate credit card…..the the Dynamics AX licenses is also a…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Office Professional Plus 2016 Office Customization Tool Auto_Activate does not work for MAK

I have customized the Office Professional Plus 2016 installer that I downloaded from the Volume License site.

In the Modify Setup properties, I have added a property named AUTO_ACTIVATE with a value of 1. I also have the product key entered in the licensing section of OCT.

With previous versions of Office, this would auto-activate the product at install. With Office 2016, it is still wanting to activate when you launch a product like Word or Excel. You can tell it to activate via Internet and it succeeds immediately. Has the property or value for Office 2016 changed? I cannot…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 2016 for Mac Shared Computers

Allow administrators to install Office 2016 for Mac on shared computers. Many educational facilities use shared computers or labs for students, and having a per user licensing is not conducive to these environments.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable change calander in a already made calander item

Enable change calander in a already made calander item

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. increase sync limited from 20,000

Please increase the sync limited for Onedrive for business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customer support experience

Locating support currently is problematical. Too many support variations necessitate repetition of issue. Occasionally only part of the problem can be solved requiring an additional support request to another support team. This means finding support team and explaining the same case. Technicians have a habit of scoping out the issue yet again before proceeding to provide a solution. Asking questions to clarify the issue is of course a perquisite to providing a solution but to reiterate (reword) what has already been stated is extremely annoying. A team member should be responsible for seeking another support team if that is required…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop Onedrive for business if it can't be made user friendly

The release of Onedrive for business is premature and full of critical bugs. MS must think about redesigning the whole solution and make it simple to use and allow users to collaborate.
    The current state of onedrive is just unstable and annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base