Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Add a very quick way to turn an Outlook message into a Task: Keyboard shortcut and ribbon "create task" button *within* an email message

Dragging and dropping an email onto the Task icon is not efficient... Most of people's work action items are driven by Outlook messages. There should be an extremely quick way to make an email message a task. I have hundreds of emails I need to turn into action items, but dragging and dropping or CTL+SHIFT+K and then retyping or copying the email content does not work for me.. Too slow.. .Keyboard shortcut or a button on the ribbon *within* the actual email message would be so much better..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Flow- Increase file size limitation(100MB)

It would be nice to increase the file size limitation or provide other ways to trigger a flow when a larger than 100MB file is created/uploaded. I have numerous files that will cross the threshold and the Blob trigger wont handle a 100MB file. This has stopped my workflow which implements SharePoint, Data Factory, and SSIS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide stable, white-listable domain for Office 365 access

Office 365 has to contact MS via the internet every 30 days. We have parental controls on our 12 yo son's computer that prevents access, so every 30 days Office 365 has a tantrum.

I would be happy to whitelist a stable IP or domain so that Office 365 can phone home without having to grant my son free range internet access. But either Office 365 uses more IP's than I can figure out or the IP's are dynamic.

This is a terrible frustration for our family. For more detail, see this forum discussion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac-mso_365hp/office-365-without-internet/5b314336-8365-40be-b3cc-b1cad5e30aea?messageId=d0d3818b-3f48-4e7f-9985-173539e8aa58

Warm regards,
    Wallace

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive delete files after Windows Restore!

I address a DESIGN problem via this channel (again) regarding OneDrive for business. The scenario is this: 1. Backup windows machine with any tool. Ex: if it's a VM, take a snapshoot. 2. Continue to use Windows normaly, and Create/Modify files and folders within OneDrive for Business local folder. 3. Restore the machine from backup. Effect: OneDrive for business replace the files from the cloud with the oldies from the backup. So, when restore is completed, I loose all files form OneDrive modified after the backup was taken. I've tested same scenario with Dropbox. It's doing right, the cloud files…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneNote participants list: it would be helpful if this list were sorted (or sortable by user)

An idea/thread exists about this feature request but it is locked. Last comment by a MS employee was to submit request via UserVoice. Hence this entry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hybrid Cloud printing on Azure AD Registered devices

It would be nice if Azure AD registered devices are able to print to cloud published printers.

At this moment you're only able to use Cloud printing on a Azure AD joined device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Accommodate OneDrive to Install and Operate on a case sensitive MacOS Volume

Allow OneDrive to Install on a Apple MacOS Volume that by default is configured to have a case sensitive Volume.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Group Calendar tab on Teams.

We need a group calendar tab or the option to add the existing goup calendar on teams. Even if within the Calendar on your personal calendar within Teams it allows you to change the view to see different group calendars that you belong to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easiest Way to Export Orphan OST to Office 365 Account

Microsoft introduces the concept of Office 365. Now, most of the users are asking for how can I export OST to Office 365 Account. mostly in case of Exchange Server not available and Orphan OST file. In these situations, you need a perfect solution for OST to PST conversion and after that import PST into Office 365 Account. For your ease SysTools designed a tool which offers both steps. For more details visit the explanation page:

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/converter/ost-pst.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. connecting to linkedin on these tool is no longer supported

i m getting these error while connecting with linkedin through outlook 365

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Exchange Server Database EDB Recovery

Let's have a look at how we should go about repairing corrupt exchange server databases. Firstly, no admin IT admin with any sort of experience would ever take exchange database corruption lightly. This is because they are very well aware of the fact that EDB corruption can lead to valuable information loss if not dealt with correctly.
    Most exchange admins these days know how to effectively deal with Exchange EDB corruption issues. Armed with tools like Zaplogix EDB to PST converter, Exchange Server recovery can be performed with just a few clicks these days.
    What makes Zaplogix the obvious choice? …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. VBA capability to automate Microsoft edge

Currently there's no solution to automate tasks in Microsoft edge with VBA. Having a "reference" option within VBA to automate Microsoft edge would be well received. (No selenium driver does not work).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add social metadata to video and stream apps so that a shared link generates a preview/player (like youtube and vimeo)

We share videos from different sources on our social timeline. YouTube and Vimeo work brilliantly. Just post a link to the video and a social preview is generated showing the video in a small player from which the viewer can play or expand the video.

This does not work for videos uploaded to MS 365 Video or Stream. Instead you have to use embed code which most users don't know how to do and even then it doesn't fit nicely in the window.

It would be great if the social meta data would be added so the behaviour is similar…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recover Your OST into PST Format

Zaplogix OST to PST Converter is supported by every version of Outlook so you can easily export OST data into Outlook 2019 easily and simply. It is very good for the conversion tool that does not make any changes in the database. It is able to work in the absence of MS Outlook installation in the system.

The amazing features of this software are here:

Support multiple file formats: There are several file formats to store data after completing the conversion. The file formats are PST, EML, TXT, MSG, RTG, MHTML and E Office 365 formats.

Scanning process: auto-scanning feature…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow gridlines to be made darker in Outlook Calendar

As someone with steadily worsening vision, the gridlines in Outlook calendar in Office365 are really hard to see. The lack of contrast is a huge problem. We can change the theme for the panes around the calendar, but not the gridlines themselves. I have a real problem seeing the info I need quickly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow multiple party Teams Chats with external partners

Today when using Microsoft Teams private chats you cannot have a conversation with more than 1 federated partner.

For example if I am working with an internal coworker I couldn't add a partner to that private chat without having them work as a guest within our tenant.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restrict Office 365 account association with Windows 10

If an Office 365 account is associate with Windows 10, you might not be able to sign in Office clients, IE, or Edge successfully after changing the Office 365 password due to the account association.
    So, we would like to ask adding a feature that restricts Office 365 account association with Windows 10 or improving the sign-in behavior to be completed successfully after password change.
    Also, we would like to ask adding a warning on the prompt when signing in Office client, because if a user select “Yes” when signing in Office clients, the account will be associated with Windows…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use all Asana features in sharepoint

Please make it possible to use Asana limiteless in sharepoint implementing it with sharepoint Asana connector.
    At the moment you can only see changes, new tasks etc. but you can not see and work on the calendar and timeline and use all of different options that Asana is offering but people should be able to use all Asana features within the sharepoint website

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. implement external homepages to sharepoint website

Please make it possible to be able to implement various external homepages into the sharepoint home website so that varius homepages of the world wide web are visible and usable in the same sharepoint site.

External third party office365 hosting partner like "go daddy" or others don`t offer that kind of service so that there is no other chance

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow multiple managers in AD

I'm not sure where/how to classify this? I would imagine this would be an Azure AD change?

Solid and Dotted line managers are becoming a more and more common practice. As a result, our organization would like this information (both managers) to be visible wherever apps are programmed to obtain this information. Outlook/Office, Delve, Sharepoint etc. I understand that a custom attribute can be used but this would not allow the apps above (for example) to natively display this information (Outlook 'Reports to' field). Is there anything in the pipeline to change the manager/manageby field to multi-valued? Thanks for reading!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories