Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Feature that doesn’t recognize embedded images in the email body as attachments

We are having an issue that embedded image files in the email body in Rich Text or HTML format are recognized as attachments and the transport rule is triggered under the condition on existence of attachments. So, we would like to ask for a feature that doesn’t recognize embedded image files in the email body as attachments.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Numbers of active seats are displayed differently depending on pages

I would like you to improve how numbers of active seats are displayed in each page. Currently you can check seats in the following three pages, but the numbers are differrent depending on pages.
    Number of seats in the following page 1 and 2 are same but the number 3 shows are different seats numbers.
    1. Next to the Office install section in the user details pane from the Active users page in Microsoft 365 admin center (log-in in admin’s account)
    2. Detected installs numbers displayed on the Install status section in My account page (log-in in user’s account)
    3.…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a mechanism to allow users to sync entire sharepoint site collections via onedrive

It would be useful to allow admins to provision users for the ability to set up a site collection sync for all libraries in one click if desired. This is particularly meaninful when there are onedrive sync client failures. We have had a number of instances in which the onedrive sync client broke, and the only solution was to have users go back through their lirbaries and re-sync them one at a time, which is really time consuming. We have about a hundred different subsites and libraries, so this is pretty painful. it happens to us once or twice a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warn users if their reply is not on latest mail thread

This is every day problem in Microsoft Outlook 2016 that I'm using. People reply over old mail thread instead of latest one. A simple solution would be to warn user if they reply over old thread and ask them whether they want to reply over latest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Office Feedback Sound

Word provides audio feedback for certain actions.

A] Allow users to add sounds to [all?] functions found on the Ribbon/Menubar.

2] Add Audio Feedback feature to ALL of Office, and every version. including online

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please remediate issue: 2800633/read-receipt-from-an-office-365-recipient-displays-incorrect-time-zone

The read receipt shows a time zone of (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik - I have seen this issue raised in 2014 with no obvious activity to fix the bug.
    Thank you,
    Dwayne Watson

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VisibleMeetingUpdateProperties parameter of Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet

The parameter applies to org-level, but we would like to set the parameter to user-level because of the difference of needs for per user.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Compatibility checker compatible with modern auth

The O365CompatibilityChecker powershell module is not compatible with Modern Authentication making it entirely useless on domains with MFA....

This should be fixed immediately, am not sure why something like this wasn't updated, or have an option for MFA users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to suggest that Microsoft Ultimate Word Games be made available as an iPhone app, just as the Microsoft Solitiare Collection is

I would like to suggest that Microsoft Ultimate Word Games be made available as an iPhone app, just as the Microsoft Solitiare Collection is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve the document sharing link setting display

When editing an Office document, which is stored in OneDrive or Sharepoint, the Share dialogue is unclear in the later versions of O365. Firstly there isn't a clear list of the users who currently have access, and thirt permissions. Secondly, when adding a new user, the link sharing setting is either bold or no bold to show whether edit or read is slected. Just put a tick in the nice round circle to the left, perhaps?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alarm connected with particular location

I got this thought while I was traveling , so here is how's it's gonna work ,, and simple I hope..

So if I set alarm for particular time, it's beeps , right ? So I need that feature to be connected to particular location ..
    Like I am travelling at late night and might be in deep sleep in a bus/train and have to worry about waking up at my destination, but if I can set an alarm which is connected to my Google maps and and starts beeping when I reach that particular location or about to..

You…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Teams chat. Please improve the exteranal chat communication

Teams chat. Please improve the external chat communication.

When an internal user wants to CHAT (using the chat tab) with someone externally to his organization what happens is:

- If this external user has already Teams you can speak with him directly.
    - If he doesn't. The internal user receives a message like this "We are unable to set up the conversation because the contact you entered wasn't found. Chat not available". So the internal user has to invite this user as a guest using "Teams" tab and once the user is federated and categorized as a Guest user you…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. show Teams calls and chat message when in different tenant

When a user is logged in to a different than his corp Teams Tenant as a guest, incoming calls or chats are not show.
    If Teams should replace Skype for Business as Chat and PSTN this is a No GO!
    Even when just working as guest on some content somewhere else the user is cut of from calls and chats in his company!
    At least notify about incoming private chat and calls within the own tenant when working in another one to be able to reply or answer.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to edit PDF's directly in SharePoint and OneDrive

We have several customers who work in PDF's, not in word. There is no easy way in SharePoint to edit in PDF's. Customers can easily "edit in word", but cannot edit a PDF. They need to open it (which at first defaults to a browser and not a PDF), download it, work on it (offline and out of SharePoint and out of the "SharePoint Online" product) save changes manually, and re-upload. This whole process goes against what Microsoft advertises in terms of easily accessible,work from anywhere online pitch, and brings people away from your product and towards adobe instead. For…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add push pin to all MS Office & Windows apps so you can pin any window on top

Put a push pin in the upper corner of all MS Office (or, even better, all Windows windows) to allow you to pin any file on the screen so it will always stay on top of all the other windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. delete all yammer post

Requesting the ability to delete all yammer post as a yammer administrator

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cascading drop downs in Libraries

Cascading drop downs in SharePoint libraries were available in the classic view. This functionality is not available in Modern view. Please consider to bring it back as it is one of the most useful features of SharePoint.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Universal inbox option to Outlook for Windows like ALL the other email apps out there for mac and others

Outlook 365 / 2019 / 2016 etc... Why not add a universal inbox option like the ability to add this as a favorite even - one that consolidates multiple inboxes much like Outlook for mac or mail on the mac or many other top rated email apps out there? This has been a much desired feature in Outlook for Windows for a LONG time now and nothing much has changed in it not being added.. seems odd to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base