Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Need to check login IP addresses from MS O365

See which IP addresses users are logging from. For security reasons I want to see if an account is hacked. Google, Yahoo and other mail providers offer it as part of their service not matter with service you have - NON-enterprise..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change PSTN dial in shared number language

At the moment you cannot change for PSTN conferencing your shared (Microsoft bridge) dial in number language. Neither in the new/old portal nor via PowerShell.
    For my customers e.g. in Switzerland, it's quiet annoying and not really acceptable.

Please help me to develop/change this setting in the Skype for Business admin center.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video Portal

SharePoint Administrator should have Full control over Video Portal since it is a part of SharePoint. Currently only Global Admins can manage Video Portal so its basically bug that SharePoint Admins cant manage Video Portals.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Showing a creation window for meeting invites by double-clicking a date in a calendar

I would like to open a creation window for meeting invites instead of calendar items when I double-click a date in a calendar.
    In Outlook client 2013 or later versions, when a user with Editor permission double-clicks a date in a calendar, it will open a creation window for calendar items. This would lead to make conflicting schedules because the user can still book another item if the user accepts another meeting invites for the same time period. This behavior needs to be avoided and Outlook calendar should not make schedules overlapped at all.

This feedback is based on a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding description to the Folders

Adding description to folders, can helps in finding what the folder content. These descriptions in text format and when mouse over it highlights the recorded text and tells what kind of files or documents are stored within the folder.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow server side license modification via powershell

It currently takes 1 day to change licenses for 50,000 users via powershell. There needs to be a better way to manage licensing for a large number of users.
    1. Assign dynamically like we can for a dynamic DL
    2. Have a cmdlet that runs server side and faster than a remote PS session
    3. Use security groups or policy to associate licenses

I understand this would be aimed at large educational institutions but it can take 5-10 days to update licensing for all users.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. quick convert to pdf button and quick convert to jpeg button and enable other conversions

This idea will make the new microsoft word more user friendly and make the work easier.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App Launcher menu template

I'd like to be able to customize icons on the app luncher menu and save it to a Template which can be assigned to a user, all users or a group .

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I cannot get Visio copied images to paste full pages & cannot use my new Surface Pro 4 as a result.

I have exhausted the best capabilities of the fine Office 365 help team who cannot fix the problem either. I use Visio extensively to serve my business clients. I have a Surface Pro 3 that functions beautifully, but Visio on my new Pro 4 only pastes 25% of a copied image to any Office application. All my software is 100% Microsoft's latest release with all updates current.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Typewriter/Minimalist Mode

It would really help if there was mode that let you type from the center of the page and scrolled as you typed. It's so frustrating to be always staring at the bottom of the screen, or have to keep scrolling back up so you're in the middle. Scrivener can do it with a single button, Word takes like a million options to set up.

And maybe a minimalist mode that takes away some of the options or has a full screen? That would be nice for writers like me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Migrating distribution groups to mail-enabled security groups

I would like to migrate distribution groups to mail-enabled security groups and vice versa.
    This allows us to make effective use of existing groups.
    Currently, admins need to re-create groups if they want to change the existing group types.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to add their own Custom Exchange Error Messages

Allow Office 365 users to add their own custom exchange error messages like: non-delivery report, user not found etc.

This would allow users of Exchange to add their own touch to their customers bouncebacks. Also perhaps allowing us to customising the look of the error with a logo.

This is also a good idea to allow us to help the customer by pinpointing where they may have gone wrong and display contact details of the company they are trying to reach.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Parature: Notifications are Delayed or Missing

Parature Email Notifications are extremely useful. However, they are inconsistent. Sometimes they don't arrive. However, most of the time, when there's a problem, notifications are delayed by an hour or more. In order to help us keep on top of our Customers, it would be great if these notifications could be more consistent.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove SharePoint Site mailboxes - they do not work

One must get the assistance of Microsoft technician to do a power shell "fix" to make the mail box work. The product is completely misrepresented and should be removed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. too many ideas: add timestamp + mark the ones that are implemented or rejected

the list of ideas is simply too large.
    and I still see ideas that are already implemented (e.g. sent items in shared mailboxes)
    so please, add a timestamp (how old is this idea?) and indicate the status of the idea (implemented, rejected, thinking about it, ..)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SharePoint MySites Powershell permissions

When a customer has many OneDrive for Business users and Share permissions have been set globally to allow anyone to read any content it would be nice to be able to use Powershell to remove these.

Currently the Remove-SPOUser command does not work on personal sites. This means that for instance if the default 'Everyone Except External Users' has been left on we have no easy way to bulk remove this. Site collection Administrators can be added via Powershell thankfully but this still means that removing permissions needs to be done per personal site via SharePoint Online Administration center.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use Excel Online Survey to Share SharePoint Site

SharePoint site collections that are configured for internal use only are unable to use Excel Online Survey, hope Microsoft can provide this feature

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding the {password never expire} value to true or false with an exclusion list to the new AD-Connect tool will be more professional and wi

Password never expires value is set to true by default on the Azure AD, and we have a password age policy on our on-premise AD, every time we change the user password this attribute of password never expire has not synced and this is confirmed by Microsoft.

We worked with Microsoft support team on the above mentioned issue, and according to Microsoft recommendation we set the password never expire value to false for all users that have this value in true over the Azure AD, and find the following:
    • The Azure AD service Account “This account created by default…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix bug from Office for Mac 2011 in which the ribbon freezes, preventing user from returning to the home ribbon

Fix bug from Office for Mac 2011 in which the ribbon freezes, preventing user from returning to the home ribbon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base