Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. i've just gotten this laptop for christmas and im trying to print something from a printer and nothing seems to be happening

i would like some help if some on could answer this post and tell me how it will print plis let me know

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. French translation errors

When changing user access permissions instead of "Connecter les utilisateurs bloqués" and "Connecter les utilisateurs autorisés" we should read something like "Accès bloqué/Accès autorisé"

When viewing the proposed SharePoint sites and groups, the groups are displayed with the label "Grouper" (the verd to group) instead of "Groupe" (the french name for Group).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook 2016 Needs to handle Sharepoint attachments better

SharePoint attachments are sent as links by default. This causes tons of problem sharing files with external users as we only get an access warning after the file has been sent.

If a listed email recipient is not authorized to access the file/document, Outlook should warn PRIOR to sending the email and give more options for how to handle (invite the recipient as signed in user with same email, magic link, or attach as copy).

Also, external users should be restricted to the version/revision of the file they were sent unless explicitly allowed to see updates. A document modified after…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Phone number research field in CMAT

It would be nice if we could search by phone number in CMAT.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tracking the update details to calendar items on Outlook client

I would like to have a feature that shows the updates history to keep track both of who has edited the item and what action has been taken. I found the item has been changed in some way by someone and I am afraid that a user’s account information has been taken by someone. It would be helpful if I could track them by using the Mailbox audit logging, for example.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Powerpoint reviewing in slide show mode

Enable slide show view review notes, so that I could read full page text and put pop-up comments there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Neede the search folders for all the

Please provide a search folder on all the shared email boxex

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change the Result of Frequently Contacted

There is a Frequently contacted list in the People of Outlook on the Web.
    And the list displays contacts from Nickname Cache.

The results are not User's expectation.
    It would be a better situation that User can register contacts to the list manually.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SharePoint Add-ins : 365Appz

365Appz suite is the collection of SharePoint Apps. These SharePoint accelerators or SharePoint Add-ins will help you build rich intranet portal. Now you can build SharePoint website without any coder or developer within days.
    http://365appz.ngenioussolutions.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add smart lookup to Microsoft Publisher

Simply introduce the same "Smart Lookup" functionality found in Word to Publisher

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make your office products work together instead of your end user finding out they are incompatible after they have already purchased it.

Make your office products work together instead of your end user finding out they are incompatible after they have already purchased it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 2013 Install - make offline install available

There does not seem to be a way to download the 2013 365 install in the way that you can for the 2016 365 install. This is stemming from an issue I'm having in trying to stream the 2013 365 install (forum post link below)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeinstall-msowinother/office-365-2013-install-at-44-office-2013-error/0f0b4d38-5029-42e1-bf7c-e60f281b871c

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. admin would like to get alert email when users (inside or outside) send emails to wrong email address in my organization

i would like to get alert email when users inside or outside send emails to wrong email address in my organization

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Access overview per external user

Being able to select an external user and look up / verify which folders they have access to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. password notification mail edition

Option to edit the mail that notificate the user about the password expiration, i want to insert link to change password inte the mail and i cant

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admin need option to hide Azure AD Application that was assigned to Users from Office 365 App Launcher, for whole company

Admins need the option to hide Azure AD Application(s) that appear in Office 365 App launcher for the whole company.

The default action when you ASSIGN a user to an 'Azure AD App' the Custom App appears on all the ASSIGNED Users Office 365 App Launcher, under 'view all my apps'

We don’t want to remove/hide the apps completely for the all users in the company!

Reference: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeo365admin-msomanage/remove-custom-app-from-launcher/8427ed74-50ae-4ef8-9b36-958629af60c9?auth=1

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Skype for Business calls to Skype to present desktop

Currently our Skype for Business users can add external Skype users to their directory, but they can't screen-share. This makes it confusing for users in our company to communicate with clients who have personal Skype (which is now named the same) - as they have to then use a separate screen sharing tool

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to remove login ID from taskbar window of Office Apps

Add an option to remove or hide the login ID of the user from the taskbar of the MS Office apps in Windows. The login ID link is not used by most users, and obscures the documents names and quick access buttons. Issue is most prominent when split screening different documents.

The only current way to remove it is to sign out (not possible if your subscription is linked in Office365), or auto hide the ribbon (which then prevents window resizing and removes the quick access buttons).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base