Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable more user attributes for disclaimers in Exchange Online

In Exchange Online you can't use the full list of user attributes available in on-prem Exchange. Please enable the use of customattribute, otherTelephone, etc. for disclaimers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OWA room resource finder should allow filtering to avoid the 100 display limit

Currently booking a room within OWA is a horrible user experience, the site will only show the first 100 rooms, so users are not able to select the room by name (we have 1000's globally), it just needs to allow a filter to be applied and show the matches.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the option to skip large items or corrupted items in the PST import service.

We need the ability to set the threshold for skipping corrupted items or items that are too large when importing them into Office 365 through the PST Import Service. Right now, the import service will hit the threshold and stop, forcing you to investigate the PST files, and manually scan them before re-uploading and initiating a new job.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable standard filter "Flagged for Follow up and Unread" to mail

To improve productivy implement this filter like in the Outlook fat-client and Gmail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. all user to sort by category

we can view categories but we can't sort by them

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop Onedrive for business if it can't be made user friendly

The release of Onedrive for business is premature and full of critical bugs. MS must think about redesigning the whole solution and make it simple to use and allow users to collaborate.
    The current state of onedrive is just unstable and annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Online ToDo / Project list

I would like to see an online ToDo / Project list where I can create tasks in sequence that also create calendar events. So lets say I am working on a home project where I want to redo my kitchen and there are several things that need to be done. So I can create a new project online for myself where I set tasks to for example, pull out kitchen cabinets first, then the appliances, then the floor, etc. In the midst of all that I may need to be looking for contractors for electrical, plumbing, drywall or whatever, and…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. LOPs/Ricoh copiers started sending gibberish attachments to exchange online mailboxes

Case : 615101494278694

Does MS plans to rollout such similar updates without considering the impact factor? Our business was severely affected for days due this unwarranted update (dated 12th OCT 0800 2015). I have seen adjacent issues in the past (related to O365) which resulted due to sporadic MS updates. Kindly make sure to consider all ends before any major roll-out!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If a user has no mailbox but is in in-place hold the mailbox will reply with an out-of-office message.

A user has left, the E3 license was removed but the mailbox was on in-place hold. Before the user has left, the autoreply (out-of-office) was activated. After removing the license from that user, the out-of-office is still responding because of the hold state. According to MS this is by design.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disabling the remote wipe feature for users

We'd like to have the option to completely disable (or at least hide) the "full remote wipe" feature that is available to all our users via the Office 365 OWA interface. The reason for that is that most of our users have private devices and we don’t want to take the chance the they will accidently wipe them. This also makes the devices vulnerable in case of a phishing attack.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve consistency of math equations between Office 365 products.

Word uses a new format for math formulas that cannot be copied and pasted into Publisher because Publisher still uses Math 3.0. At least, provide a transparent conversion when copy and paste is used to convert from Word format to Publisher's Math 3.0 format. Pasting as a picture is not an acceptable alternative.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make a PDF reader with a UI like Office

Make a PDF reader with a UI like Office, looks like a awesome idea.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Application on Android device

Please add Share with Me feature to OneDrive mobile application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remember which account I use to login to Office 365

I have a Microsoft account, and an Office 365 account that both use the same email address. I wish Office 365 would "remember" that I only use the organizational account to login.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop documents from automatically saving as 'Document' when created from a Content Type

This appears to be new functionality as I have only just noticed it. When documents are created through the ribbon or 'New' button and open in Word Online, they are automatically saved with a Name of 'Document.docx'. This is not helpful and the only way to change the filename is to go back to the Doc Library in question and edit the properties of the document/item. The old functionality which allowed you to save and specify a filename was much better in my opinion.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why do you not allow images in signatures?

Please do this as this is so obsolete and boring to not use images in signatures.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Windows phone Mail app to view shared inboxes in Office 365

I have O365 Small Business. I have shared accounts (inboxes) under each main account. I can see and use the shared folders in Outlook desktop and OWA but not when viewing from the native mail app in Windows Phone, I can only see the main account inbox and its associated sub folders. I note that the equivalent desktop app in Windows 10 Pro behaves exactly the same. Please consider upgrading the functionality. I'm sure many people want this. Thank you.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable important notifications

Option to disable "important" notifications. It is not normal if you have always to cancel the import notification for expiring subscriptions if you change to csp licenses.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. global domain setting for archive & hold

It would be good to have a global domain setting for archive and hold, so that any new user account automatically gets setup instead of having to add a user and then activating archive and hold

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base