Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Localization of Office 365 in Albanian language

Dear Sir/Madame,

I’m writing on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of the Republic of Kosovo, regarding the localization of Office 365 and apps in Albanian language.

Some of the apps in Office 365, such as Outlook are already translated and available in Albanian language, but our request is for Microsoft Teams to be localized in Albanian language.

FYI: the region of South East Europe including countries: Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia have around 7 million citizens who’s mother tongue is Albanian.
    In this time of Corona Virus we are facing the language difficulties…

727 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    36 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft/ Office Support on Twitter

I hope the support can reply all the user soon.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add teamchanneluser to empty teamchannel

It is not possible to add a user to a empty teamchannel, so the channel is lost if you delete the owner. Why its not possible as ADMIN to setup a new owner? Without this possibility datalost is incoming....

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share stream videos to external users

Able to share the stream videos to external users

763 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Icelandic to Office’s proofing tools on MacOS

Icelandic has been available as a proofing language on Office for Windows for years. I would love to see it ported over to Office on MacOS. Also I’ve been trying to use Icelandic on iPadOS and it doesn’t seem work despite being available.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Whiteboard App for Microsoft Teams should have a possibility to use storage in datacenters in Europe only

The Whiteboard App for Microsoft Teams and mobile clients should have a possibility to use storage in datacenters in Europe only.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Develop a mobile app for Microsoft Forms

Create mobile app for Microsoft Forms so users who have MFA can participate in surveys on their iPad / iPhone / smart phones / tablets. App would be managed by InTune for authentication. More and more people are using tablets / phones in addition to their computers and would create additional uses for Forms.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Linux support

I will in the future use both Linux and Windows pc at work. The lack of real linuxsupport is a problem. Please support LInux in onedrive/sharepoint.
    Hopefully also a office 365 package for linux would help

8,573 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    516 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Microsoft Whiteboard for GCC on all clients

Microsoft Whiteboard is only available on Hub clients not Desktop or Mobile. We would like it to be made available on all clients for GCC tenants.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Captions for (Guest) users within Microsoft Teams.

Please allow for captions for (Guest) users in Teams. External domain users are not able to utilize the caption functionality at all.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Not able to Print Embedded picture in Outlook While printing

Not able to Preview and print the Whole Document using Outlook 2016.
    The image embedded in to the email is only showing up about 25% and printing that only instead of full image.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BRING BACK - Allow User to PIN APP to APP LAUNCHER

Every employee uses different apps depending on job roles. Allowing end users to setup their workspace/dashboard will make them more efficient and save clicks. What good is an application launcher or dashboard if the user can't see what's most important to them and their job. PLEASE BRING BACK PINNING!!! If you want the admin to be able to pin apps to the dashboard, fine! But don't take away the ability for the end user to pin their own apps. When you do that, you make them LESS efficient.

Bring this back: Find app, click on ... for more options, select…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow planners in private channels in teams

I would like to be able to add a planner to my private channel in teams.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 微软服务在中国大陆访问的访问速度都非常缓慢

我看了文档,大概是有以下方法:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3.使用软件版本的Word、Powerpoint...

然而,我作为一个个人用户,不可能搭建VPN,我的订阅也不含PSTN所需的 音频视频会议 。至于第三种方案...我有时要从Onedrive下载和上传,还是会被GFW阻塞。
    所以,我希望微软可以为我们(订阅用户)提供高速专用虚拟网络(VPN),以降低GFW对我们的影响。

如果可能,我希望微软可在大陆设立国际版服务器(非世纪互联),服务器带宽总比我们好吧。
    虽然我们都知道这是中国混乱的ISP和GFW的屏蔽造成的,但我仍希望微软能有所作为,与政府协商,将国际版账户服务器移至大陆,而不是由世纪互联运营,具体原因(我的观点)如下:1.域名过长,对国内不熟悉英语的用户是一个困扰,而且知名度不够。
    2.与国际版账户不互通,无法在国际版界面上登录,国际版也无法在世纪互联登陆以增快访问速度。
    3.终结点不同。国际版与中国版Microsoft Graph终结点不同,不便开发,需额外开发新版本,有些软件使用国际版接口,中国版无法登陆。造成了那些已知问题
    (无法激活Office桌面版,无法连接Onedrive......)然而,微软与政府的协商貌似很久没有进展了,这不免令人沮丧,希望微软有所实质行动。

I read the documentation, probably there are the following methods:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3. Use the software version of Word, Powerpoint...

However, as an individual user, it is impossible for me to set up a VPN, and my subscription does not include the audio and video conference required by PSTN. As for the third option...I sometimes have to download and upload from Onedrive, but it will still be blocked by GFW.
    Therefore, I hope Microsoft can provide us (subscribers) with a high-speed private virtual network (VPN) to…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email notifications of Office 365 Service Health Incidents in GCC High

Hello,

I realize that email notifications sent to admins when there is a Service Health notification was only just recently completed toward the end of CY19, but this feature is needed in GCC and GCC High as well. Admins cannot be expected to constantly check the Service Health dashboard to see if there are any new incidents or outages.

For a recent incident, our admins were informed of the incident by an increase in end users reporting issues. It would have been helpful for the admins to be aware that there was an incident going on ahead of time.

Related…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Accounts Cannot Disconnect Deactivated Samsung Accounts

I am a Microsoft 365 Personal subscriber, and I would like to report a glitch that compromises the security of my Microsoft account by preventing me from disconnecting it from my old Samsung account. It is important to note that the Samsung account I am trying to disconnect is one I have permanently deactivated. Because of this issue now I am unable to link my new active Samsung account. It seems that Microsoft algorithms somehow do not recognize a deactivated Samsung account and therefore cannot disconnect it. This issue is affecting several other clients too who have been complaining about…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide or disable the trending videos function in Stream

If I want to hide the trending videos, I need to remove the video access permission from users.
    In this scenario, those users won’t be able to watch other videos as well, so it would be great if admins could hide or disable the trending videos function.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase control over Teams Meeting Options

With Teams Meetings being used increasingly for online learning, teachers are finding is challenging to not have students remove other students from meetings, mute other students, or turn video on when it should not be (audio-only meeting for participants). Teams meetings will need to continue to keep with features being offered in Zoom and that means giving people who are organizing Teams Meetings a higher level of settings.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. User Volume Slider | Office365 - Teams |

A volume slider where you can change specific users volume while they are talking. The changes would only affect your ability to hear the user. This is very useful when someones microphone is very loud, but you don't want to turn down everyone's volume.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office 365 new features arrival notification service...

Office 365 new features arrival in your tenant notification service for tenant admins.

Today Office 365 tenants admins are often struggling with the rapid pace that new Office 365 workload related features are deployed /rolled out and the fact that tenants admins at best are informed of an indicate time span for the global roll-outs of new features. To be able to notify tenant admins of new features, for the tenants they administer, I propose development & implementation of an Office 365 new features arrival notification service for tenant admins. The notification service could be a subscription based service which…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 587 588
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories