Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux support

I will in the future use both Linux and Windows pc at work. The lack of real linuxsupport is a problem. Please support LInux in onedrive/sharepoint.
    Hopefully also a office 365 package for linux would help

4,770 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    330 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 support for Windows Server 2019

With the recent announcement @ Ignite that Office 365 would not be supported on Windows Server 2019, I’d like to request that decision to be reversed. As a long time RDSH admin this is a poor decision and would require using Office 2019 to connect to a cloud mailbox. Essentially requiring a double license for Office functionality in RDSH.

1,979 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    92 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request Exchange hybrid key for Exchange Server 2019 activation with Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW)

Actually it is not possible to obtain a free Exchange Server 2019 activation with a hybrid key. For earlier Exchange Versions this works trough HCW, but not with Exchange 2019: "Please note that HCW does not provide a 'hybrid key' for Exchange Server 2019. If you need a hybrid key, the latest version that it is available for is Exchange Server 2016."

This is not customer friendly at all - so please add Exchange 2019 to this feature.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Exchange-Team-Blog/Hybrid-Configuration-Wizard-and-licensing-of-your-on-premises/ba-p/608106

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deactive or hide "no business data allowed" connectors in Flow

we would like to provide a power platform for our company, where only connectors should be offered which have been classified as secure and harmless third-party software. However, the connectors cannot be deactivated or hidden in the "no business data allowed", this poses great challenges for many companies. Therefore we ask you to be able to deactivate or hide the connectors.

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SharePoint Online Site Usage - allow to increase the number of day setting from 7, to 30 or 90 for 'Most unique viewers' and 'Most viewed'

When in the SharePoint Online Site Usage page the charts allow the user to see the data displayed based on 7, 30, or 90 days based on what the user chooses.

I suggest we allow this same number of day selection for the listed documents for 'Most unique viewers' and 'Most viewed'. That way we can see how the documents are trending for more than just 7 days.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add shifts tab to Teams channel

With the addition of the new Shifts app within teams directly there is no mechanism to then display relevant shift details to a channel directly.

The shift information should allow for addition to an existing team, under a channel as a tab.

If one of the perceived issues is that members of the shift may not be in an associated Team and Channel combo, perhaps add a check to the tab addition to indicate this fact and allow the bind or reject.

Either way the shift information should be allowed to be more central and visible to participants.

511 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Teams VTC Instructions to be editable

Allow Teams VTC Instructions to be editable by the Administrator. currently the text that is shown on Teams Meetings is hard coded by Microsoft. This should accept the ability to use HTML to change the wording, and instructions to be more clear for individual company needs

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add More than 6 Label Options in Planner

Please allow more than 6 labels for a task in Planner. Six labels is nowhere near enough for a viable group organizational tool. This limitation greatly handicaps the application, and drastically reduces the number of ways that it can be used.

2,851 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    166 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto accept and CanViewPrivateItems Sharing Permission for room mailboxes

Room mailbox Calender booking autoaccept is not working when a delegate is added. When delegate is removed, auto-accept is working again. However, CanViewPrivateItems sharing permission flag cannot be enabled without making the user a delegate of the room mailbox.

We need to have the CanViewPrivateItems sharing permission to be able to be assigned to a user without making the user a delegate of the shared mailbox to ensure that autoaccept still works for the room mailbox. Otherwise, please allow both of this be enabled for room mailboxes.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disabling of Basic Authentication in 2020 - whats the alternatives?

Hello
    I have noted that end of 2020 basic authentication will be disabled for exchange online. (i had raised a ticket with o365 support - who recommended i post in here..).
    So, what are the alternative options apart from using the stupid app for ios or android?
    We use a 3rd party MDM solution which is better than intune. We do not use Azure P1 or P2 either, plus we disable OWA and block users adding email accounts elsewhere.
    Ideas?

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer Options for the Office 365 Ribbon Appearance

I am disappointed with the appearance of the new Office 365 ribbon. I use a desktop and a laptop and find the monotone look and the over simplistic icons confusing and hard to read. These look like changes, just for the sake of change.
    Options to revert to earlier versions that users were familiar with, would have been appreciated.

696 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    124 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 1904 - files on redirected folders wont open when offline

We use redirected folders for users desktops, these are redirected to a server 2012 R2 share. When users are not on the network offline files allows them to open the files on their redirected desktop.

We are using windows 10 1803 and 1809.

If a user has Microsoft office 1904 or later installed when they try to open a file from the desktop when offline they get the message "Sorry, we cant open \Filename because the server isnt responding" This happens for all office files.

The files are there and can be opened with other programs, e.g a csv file…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creating global read receipt policy in Office 365 Exchange Admin Center

Please allow admins to create a policy that requires users to ALWAYS return a read receipt request.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Punjabi is desperately needed as a translation language in Immersive Reader and Translator

Punjabi is desperately needed as a translation language in Immersive Reader and Translator

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give customers more advance notice when the Office 365 URLs and IP addresses are going to be updated.

Hello,

It is very difficult for customers (especially in the government space) to quickly make changes to their networking and firewalls when we update the O365 URLs and IP addresses. We have given customers several ways to monitor these changes (RSS, Web Service, Flow, Rest API Search, script, etc.), but they need more advance notice when we are going to change something.

Here is some direct customer feedback:
    Microsoft is making an endpoint change and is expecting the customer to automate everything on their side to implement that change on the fly (firewall, routes, etc.) In our environment the network…

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow two email accounts with OCM to work in one Outlook profile without signing out the other OCM

I need to use the OCM feature in one outlook profile that will allow me to use both OCM for my two emails without having to sign out every time I try to switch accounts.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow envelope properties in Disclaimer

Allow people to use the Envelope properties in an HTML disclaimer. I know I can use the AD Attributes Macros for signatures but I want to put the email address in my External Banners. This would help combat phishing by allowing us to state this message was sent from addresses. This seems like something simple to add.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share stream videos to external users

Able to share the stream videos to external users

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. RMS Compatibility with Outlook recipients outside the tenant. Outlook universal compatibility for reading or opening RMS Encrypted Emails.

Currently, there are only specific Outlook versions (see link below) that could read inbound encrypted emails. This is a big limitation for Office 365 tenant who are sending encrypted emails to external users. We don't get to decide the recipients of our emails so we cannot dictate for them to have specific subscriptions or Office versions. Most clients / customers use Office 2016 Home or Office 365 Business, which means that most IRM emails.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The "Check Names" button should match contacts in a shared address book

In evaluation testing of Outlook Desktop (Win10) and Outlook Web (OWA) I notice that recipient names entered are not automatically matched against contacts (people) in a shared address book.

Even when I type part of a name and click the "Check Names" button, Outlook does not match what I entered against contacts in a shared address book.

This seems like a basic email function and is available in our existing email desktop and web email applications. After raising with Microsoft Support they advised this is not currently a feature.

Actually, I don't think Outlook should even require users to click…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 521 522
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories