Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to hide the new "Recommended" section from the "Office 365 home page"

A new "Recommended" section was recently added to the "Office 365 home page" between the apps listing and the recent documents listing. This really adds noise to my dashboard and makes it take longer to scroll down to my recent documents. I want to be able to hide this new section as I don't need or want it.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need ability to add Plan created in Planner to Teams as existing plan

If you create a plan in planner, separately create a team in Teams.
    Try adding the existing plan to teams as a tab.
    The Add Existing Plan does not allow you to add it, it only allows you to add plans created from teams.

This occurs even if the O365 groups associated with each have the same memberships.

You can create a plan from teams but to copy the existing plan over you lose data. Or create a team from the plan and again you lose data so you end up keeping both which is confusing.

Confirmed in Microsoft support…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To disable microsoft teams chat

To have the possibility to enable or disable the Microsoft teams chat. In other words, turn off/on the chat whenever the team administrator wants.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Shared Mailboxes from showing up as team members on Microsoft Teams.

I have been having an issue that since most of my users are using 2 or 3 different emails (mainly on different domains) all of their emails are showing up under Teams. I would like to only have the primary email to show up when starting a new chat.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Microsoft Stream: Allow users to upload to a group but not the whole company

Allow more control over who uploads videos by allowing an intermediate level to let users upload videos to their groups without uploading them for the entire company.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Excel [Trendline] graph has different calculation results depending on the version.

The Excel [Trendline] graph has different calculation results depending on the version.
    Check the "Display R-squared value on chart" of "Trendline Options" when inserting the graph with [Add Chart Element]-[Trendline] in Excel. Then, the corresponding value displayed is different between Version 2005 and Version 2003.

Requests that you resolve this issue and revert to a version prior to 2003.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow locked files and track changes in the collaboration features of Word Online.

We use templates to standardize our deliverables to clients. To do this, we lock the available styles and force track changes by protecting the file with a password. Unfortunately, this is not supported in Word Online. The online collaboration tools work very well, but really should support collaboration with these types of simple constraints. I get it if you exclude this from a lesser license, but if you are paying for the desktop licenses (ex. E5), you should not have limitations with the online product.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Publisher available online

Can we get publisher online in Office 365 just like we do for Word, Excel and PowerPoint? Then we need it available as a mobile app on phones and tablets

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable full (Locally Installed) 'Document Property Fields' functionality in Word Online

Currently in Word Online 'Document Property Fields' are very limited:
    - Document property fields are not being populated from the connected SharePoint column.
    EXCEPTIONS:

# If document is open in Word 2016 and saved, then Word Online will show updated fields

# Fields can be viewed in 'Reading Mode' but once switched back to 'Edit', the fields will display as empty again.
    # Document Property Fields that are inside 'Shapes' get updated all the time like they should

• Existing Document Property Fields, cannot be DELETED or EDITED from the document while in Word Online

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve filter function in Outlook Mobile App

The filter function in the Outlook mobile version is limited to the inbox.
    It would be great if it would be possible to also filter in other folders!
    Please extend the filter function to all folders.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More Flexibility for Private Channels

Ability to change public channels to private channels and v.v.
    Or at least copy the complete content of a private channel, including sharepoint Notebook etc. to a newly created channel which is then defined as either public or private

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. create outlook task from OneNote

Create Outlook task directly from OneNote Windows 10

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Centralize all audit logs within the security and compliance centre

Not all mailbox audit logs are recorded in the 'Audit log search' within the Security and Compliance Centre. Only the following are recorded here: Update,MoveToDeletedItems,SoftDelete,HardDelete. All other mailbox auditings can be retrieved from the Exchange Admin Centre 'Auditing' section. An example of what you won't see is: if a user creates an inbox rule to forward emails externally, this is only recorded in the EAC auditing section.

All auditing should be available in one place, not split between different sections of the portal. Considering the Security and Compliance center is new and this is being pushed out, I don't see…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Introduce a pause button during meeting recordings within the education teams

It would be better to have a pause button while teaching so that when we break we don't have to stop the recording, we can pause it and pick it up again once the class is back to teaching.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to have multiple office 365 accounts in the same browser

I work and go to school full time. My work and school both use Office 365. In order to go between the two, I have to open a private browsing window and manually enter my login for each one, since the computer saves one login (work) over the other (school). This is inconvenient and something that I think should have been addressed early on. I know that with Google, I have multiple emails and they make it easy and intuitive to be able to switch between accounts. Cant find an easy solution for my problem. Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Audit log reliability concern: Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user

Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user. Please have this fixed as this causes confusion to users. The values indicate "ResultStatus":"Succeeded" and "LogonError":"UserAccountNotFound. The values it suggests is misleading.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore ability to move or copy worksheets with data validation

As of Office build 12624.20320, if one uses "Move or Copy" to copy worksheets from one workbook to another, and one of the cells therein has "List" type data validation whose source is another worksheet, the data validation in the new workbook is no longer copied. The only current workaround is to roll back to build 12527.20278 or earlier.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Never" as default option for calendar reminder

Currently the default options for calendar/event reminders are everything except for "never"

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Password protect a shared link via onedrive for business just like onedrive personal.

Password protect a shared link via onedrive for business just like onedrive personal. This is a compliance requirement in the UK for many business who share sensitive information with clients.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View embedded Microsoft Stream videos in SharePoint from iOS without having to disable the option on iOS (iPhone & iPAD) "Prevent Cross-Site

View embedded Microsoft Stream videos in SharePoint from iOS without having to disable the option on iOS (iPhone & iPAD) "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking"

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base