Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. During uploading PST , emails come in slow like a one way tunnel . Kindly look into this issue were we can import email and also receive .

During uploading PST , emails come in slow like a one way tunnel . Kindly look into this issue were we can import email and also receive emails .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to check the incoming size of a public folder mailbox with Exchange Admin Center

I want to check the incoming size of a public folder mailbox with Exchange Admin Center

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include graphics with user instructions to show user where to find things

Make your product and your instructions "idiot proof" by making user instructions simple and clear. Include graphics so users know how to follow the instructions easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide the public information about the Trusted Sites required for services in Office 365

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 サービスについての信頼済みサイトの公開情報を希望します。

Provide the public information about the Trusted Sites required for services in Office 365

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 において、各サービスに必要な信頼済みサイトを定期的に確認できるよう、信頼済みサイトについての公開情報を強く希望します。

I strongly hope the public information about the Trusted Sites in order to confirm regularly the trusted sites required for each service in Office 365.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Connect teams calendar with mailbox exchange on premise

I have an exchange on premise. I can't migrate to exchange on line.

Mailbox on premise does not work with teams calendar. The calendar tab does not appear in teams.

Could you develop one parameter to link the calendar tab with the exchange on premise ?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix problems with Office 365 in Android 8!

After latest updates, Word and other Office 365 apps kraschs in Android 8. They open nicely for a few seconds, then krasch. (It worked before, and I have no problems in my tablet running Android 7.)
    I have restarted and reinstalled, but that does not help. Microsoft support give me only the advice to use this site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto-translation for Video transcripts

I would like to have a feature that can translate sub-titles from Japanese to English for Microsoft Stream videos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If we do not already have a voicemail symbol or character, it would be cool to add. Not common to use, but we have a list of those- ArticiaH

I was in the process of updating a manual for my job and I was having a hard time locating the universal voicemail symbol/character to use. It would be cool to create this shortkey to add with the other 1000 we have. Or if someone already has the shortkey --- Help! Could not find it anywhere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shared with me files visible in Office apps when you open from OneDrive

Would be nice to be able to see Shared with me files in Office apps when you have OneDrive mapped. The open dialog browsing to your files in OneDrive doesn't show that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love to have the possibility to have a diagonal strike-through and not just a horizontal one.

I deal with very many different languages on a daily basis. Many of them, such as English and French, are full of so-called "silent" letters, such as the "gh" in "eight". When I work with my students, I suggest they put a diagonal slash through these letters as a means of reinforcing the fact that they are written but not pronounced. Due to the shape of many letters, your regular horizontal strike-through is often not very practical.

For now, to get something close to my desired effect, I go to illustrations and add a small line which I then copy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office365 forums to have auto translation feature

The discussions or ideas are usually posted in English in this community. It would be great to have an inline auto-translated feature so that feedback from someone who do not read/write English can be reflected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix word wrapping bug in Office products when documents or presentations originated in Asia.

For documents or presentations that originate in Asia, latin text wraps in the middle of words by default. The only way to correct this is to enable an Asian language, restart office, and then fix on a paragraph by paragraph basis. I cannot think of any good reason for enable word wrapping by default. If someone wants words to wrap mid-word, then make it a selectable option, but not a default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook - Option "call sender using Skype" is missing in email preview

In the preview of an e-mail I have following options:
    Answer, Answer all, Forward, Chat

Where is the option "Call sender using Skype" or "Call sender using Teams". I first have to open the chat although my intention is not to chat but to call.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. support all Monotype fonts

Dear Microsoft Office,

Today I purchased the font Perpetua Std Complete Family Pack direct from the major font foundry Monotype. However, this version of Perpetua will not display in Word 2019 (version 1902, build 11328.20154 Microsoft Store) in Windows 10 (version 1809, OS build 17763.379), although it installed OK without any error messages. On screen, in all of the different viewing options, it displays as a Microsoft sans serif font. It does, however, print out OK on all different printers (hardware printers onto paper, PDF, WordPad, OneNote, XPS, etc) and, curiously, it can be viewed OK on screen in Excel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Repair Office 365 "Microsoft Volume Licensing email", which includes link to start using Online Volume Licensing Service.

When purchasing new Office 365 Volume License which needs to activate for a new company, domain and user, the "Welcome link" from "Microsoft Licensing" points to a web page "https://licensingonlineservicesactivation.microsoft.com/OSA/Registration?..." of which cannot be used to create a new onmicrosoft.com domain for a new company and a user. Error 2001 is received every time, which doesn't help to solve how to get forward after the error. Despite the error, the written onmicrosoft.com -domain and used/passwd was registered / reserved, which blocked using it again for another try. Googlin' finally got me to a website "https://portal.office.com/commerce/productkeystart.aspx" from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide/suggest solutions to view docx source code

User Godsmith worded my question/concern very well at

https://superuser.com/questions/539919/view-source-equivalent-for-word-documents

Basically, I'm looking for a LaTeX-editing experience for producing .docx files, with the high control of formatting and display of my Word document.

Issue after issue after issue with formatting word documents keeps arising. There are better solutions such as LaTeX, however my workplace demands the use of Microsoft Word. So I am stuck with using Word.

Is there a way I can control what is happening with my Word Document at the source code level so that I have better control over the formatting and display options?

I know a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BUG: Outlook Build 1908 - 11929.20300 Missing REPORT MESSAGE Button

See Ticket: 17055270 which includes screenshot

ADMIN ] SETTINGS ] SERVICES & ADD INS ] REPORT MESSAGE was working until a few weeks ago and I unsure what changed. The REPORT MESSAGE button no longer appears in Outlook 365Pro v1908 and I see CONNECTED SERVICES show in a yellow box as OFFLINE in all Office 365 Pro+ products.

Support had me roll back OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.11328.20392 and both CONNECTED SERVICE S and REPORT MESSAGE button appeared as expected.

As such we assume there is a problem with version 1908 you will want to reseolve.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Undo command within Excel worksheet and workbook

At this moment, if you open more than one Excel file, change contents in these files and want to undo some changes in only one file, it is impossible, because Excel will undo changes in all the files that you do not need to change.
    I need the undo command in Excel applied in within a worksheet instead of affecting other sheets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base