Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show dates of emails when scrolling through

Display the date of emails next to the scrolling bar when scrolling through lots of mails in the preview window to help find mails on a certain date. The same way as Excel shows the top row number when sliding the scroll bar up and down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Each install to be own account

It would be nice to have each install to be their own user so that OneDrive does not have to be shared if we do not want it shared. I'm installing on my daughters computer and even though I can have multiple accounts I would prefer to install on my account, but not have it shared.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. focus mode

Bring Focus Mode to Office 2019 for Windows! It was a super-helpful feature that I accidentally found while my 365 and 2019 licences were overlapping and I really hope it comes to Office 2019 soon!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. retain all user acct settings when upgrading v1803 to v1809 in windows.

I purposefully enabled the local Admin acct in build 1803 in win10 pro.
    When I upgraded to build 1809 the Admin acct was disabled. Please fix.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to Change Measurement Units at the Object Level

Currently I have Publisher set to show units in Inches. I have to do this globally under File - Options - Advanced. But I am creating tables and want greater control over cell width and height - in other words I want to measure cells in centimeters. I think one of the most antiquated issues with Publisher is that I can't change measurement units at the object level - it's all or nothing. Very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest Microsoft fox this thing. Publisher has been screwing up regularly on two completely different computers. Styles doesn't work. etc

Publisher styles doesn't work. Hasn't worked on two completely different computers. Font, point size, paragraph parameters, etc. are not changed according to the rules set in the style. Did Microsoft put the dummies to work on this software? Styles is just one of many problems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. outlook onsend

When will the onsend feature of outlook add-in be available on outlook desktop and office store? i am eager to use it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. HP customer care Phone number

Title: How to remove the keylogger hidden in HP laptops

HP Technical support page where you can see if your laptop is at risk & download a security patch. The list includes over 400 different models so you should figure out which exact laptop you have first & then use your browser’s search

function to find it.

From there, you can download the associated Softpaq link which should resolve the problem. There are a handful of laptop models with no fix available yet, but the vast majority have already been covered.

READ MORE: HP Customer Care Number

https://www.billspayroll.com/hp-technical-support/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Outlook goes to unresponsive phase while attaching a file from One Drive in Office 365 ProPlus Semi-annual channel

Outlook goes to unresponsive phase while attaching a file from One Drive in Office 365 ProPlus Semi-annual channel.

Happening with the files for OneDrive which are not present locally over the machine and when Outlook tries to download the files to further attach them,it goes to an unresponsive phase.

Please fix the issue (Microsoft' Outlook' for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11929.20536) 64-bit)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Put back ability to change password in Outlook

Put back in outlook the ability to change a password for a non-Office 365 email. This was changed recently with an update to Outlook. ATT requires password changes periodically and now I cannot change the password in Outlook to be able to receive emails. I also want to make sure that the ability to change a password will also be available for outside domain email accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add the option to open outlook from browser

Autodiscover sometimes has issues, but the web view works great. It'd be nice if you could open Outlook with the current credential set (and connection properties) the way you can open Excel from the online portal. In fact, you seem to be able to open the desktop suite version of everything BUT Outlook from the web... Please add Outlook to the list of apps with that function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook signatures should have the option to display upcoming vacation days

As I'm working on a project to strict deadlines, I've started manually adding my approved vacation days to my e-mail signature. I did this because I noticed other people doing it and it's a really good idea to know that a vital project resource will be on holiday within the next month.

Perhaps the option to display approved vacation days could sit below the signature and be highlighted. And perhaps it will show any vacation days that have been added to Outlook for up to six weeks ahead. Thus, if I have added a holiday event for a week to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. office mac2011 kullanıcısıyım

office Mac 2011 kullanıcısıyım mac book air e gelen son güncelleme ile artık lisanslı office i kullanamıyorum. bedelini ödediğim bu ürünü kullanmam için ya eski versiyon yazılımı bilgisayarıma yüklemeyi ya da ücret ödeyerek var olan office sürümümün güncellenmesi isteniyor. bedeli ödeyip aldığım bir ürünü neden ömür boyu kullanamıyor ve ilave para ödemek zorundan bırakılıyorum...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New view option for Publisher

In Power Point you can view the whole presentation on one screen. I would like to do the same in Publisher so I can easily rearrange pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to manage admin permission on each domain

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    管理者の権限をドメイン単位に制御する機能について
    Allow us to manage admin permission on each domain

■Description(内容):
    管理者が閲覧、設定できる権限をドメイン単位に制限する機能を要望します。
    同一のテナント内であっても、管理者によって不要な情報や設定を制限しなければ、セキュリティのリスクが高まります。
    ドメイン単位などで表示できるユーザーなどを設定できる機能か、複数のテナントを容易に管理する機能を要望します。

I would like to see the feature to restrict admin permission to control what they can see or set on each domain.
    In terms of reducing security risks, it is necessary to control which information will be shown and what setting will be available for each administrator.
    It would be great if we can decide which users will be shown on each domain, or if we will have the feature to manage multiple tenant easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include script writing software in your Office suite.

As easily accessible as Word or Excel, I'd love to have script writing software that could automatically format screenplays, plays and other writing that has traditional structures and formatting. It could be an added tab in the Word program, like Design or Layout (or even included within those tabs). Final Draft and CeltX offer things like "index cards" and other accessories to help with plotting but I'd like something that is just concerned with the actual script, to reduce distractions and also make me feel less in need of learning how to properly use all the accessories. It could work…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is better if we have files on demand function for windows 8.1 users

It is better if we have files on demand function for windows 8.1 users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. checkbox attendance in outlook meeting

Within an outlook calendar meeting, add the ability on the main screen to check a box for each attendee. Also, give users the ability to mark themselves as "present". For us, for every meeting, attendance is taken at the beginning and for big meetings this can take 10-15 mins of the meeting. Give meeting organizers the ability to quickly take role with the ability for people in the meeting to mark themselves as present. It will cut down on the admin tasks, and provide more time for the meat and potatoes of the meeting! Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base