Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Explain why UPN mismatch between AD user and AAD counterpart works and doesn't work

Explain why UPN mismatch between AD user and AAD counterpart works when user is created and initially synchronised, but re-creating the sync is not possible after a user recovery (i.e. loss of sync between the two) unless the UPN on the AD side is set to the email address (i.e. a match to AAD). Annoyingly, ADConnect doesn't even flag up that there is a mismatch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Excel for Mac, Hovering over Function in Formula Library for Fn Purpose

When in Excel for Mac, there should be the same feature as on Windows where if you hover over a Function in the Formula Library, it should let you see what that Function does. Instead I have to go into the details of every single one to try and differentiate. It would be much easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add a way to make the web version of Word or Excel open instead of the desktop version by default.

Our desktop licenses expired. We have office online however if we double click on a document it opens the unlicensed version that doesn't work. To open a file, you have to open the online version of word for example, then click on upload and then search for your file. It just takes too long.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug - Shadow Box Button When No Link Applied to Global Navigation with Managed Metadata Navigation

The navigation in new UI pages has a shadow button box around the main link if no link is applied in the managed metadata navigation term store, in the "Simple link or header". This is ideal for when no hyperlink is required. My workaround for this is to add a hyperlink to our main site, another fix I found was to select in the term store "Term-Driven Page with Friendly URL". This causes a hyperlink to a page not found though, but it does not give the strange shadow button on the global navigation links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easiest Way to Export Orphan OST to Office 365 Account

Microsoft introduces the concept of Office 365. Now, most of the users are asking for how can I export OST to Office 365 Account. mostly in case of Exchange Server not available and Orphan OST file. In these situations, you need a perfect solution for OST to PST conversion and after that import PST into Office 365 Account. For your ease SysTools designed a tool which offers both steps. For more details visit the explanation page:

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/converter/ost-pst.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable redirection of save location for OneNote to users' redirected home folders on a network

We have users who could potentially add confidential business data to OneNote so we need to be able to ensure that OneNote is not saved to the cloud, but redirected to all users' home folder directories. We need to be able to control this via group policy or similar and not depend on each individual to make a manual change

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. issues faced on usage

Streams
    • The channels playlist does not maintain a sequence file name wise or date wise
    • If a video is set to Company (Green) or Limited (Orange) this should get indicated in the playlist
    • A video attachment received in Outlook should have the option to be directly uploaded to Stream
    • Need the Streams App
    • The option to view and save the channel pic
    • Emails in share video doesn’t work Mails sent from Stream not getting delivered
    • There should be a “My Mails” option in the My content dropdown list

Teams
    • Archive conversations
    •…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add shared calendars, and mailboxes to iOS and Android built in mail apps

With the mobile environment become more and more. It would be nice if you could access the shared calendars and mail boxes right on your phone. With output having to use the web client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a Stacks feature in Outlook

Stacks would allow you to save a copy of messages that you want to refer to later, without having to create a folder or rules. Select the Stacks feature and then use the Stacks view to see the messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why cant save on apps like word, excel, piwerpoint save just like onenote surely its a no brainer.

why do we have to save excel and word files if we don't need to for onenote. why can't everything be like onenote for saving.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to export Outlook calendar data inputted over years for use in another program.

I have been using Outlook as my work calendar for about 20 years, but every time I try to export calendar items, it crashes Outlook. I've tried the pst scan program, I've tried safe mode, I've tried new computers/new accounts, and the crashing still occurs; I've tried helpdesk and they say there is no solution. Why punish loyal customers by failing to address such a basic compatibility issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SharePoint Request Sign Off doesn't show who signed off

Request Sign Off just showed up in modern document libraries. The workflow seems to work fine and the emails look great. My problem is the only thing that shows up in SharePoint is the Sign Off status just shows Approved. There is no information about who signed off, when it was signed off, and it doesn't show the comments. I would hope Microsoft will add those columns of information to the "All Documents" view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. enter in a comptition with Google...

Google has a monopoly on the 'YouTube' concept. Google originally offered a for free service with basic limitations. Now it's littered with advertisements and they will kill your site if 'God forbid' you step on one of their money making schemes.

I suggest MS develop an identical site named "YourTube" (example only), offering a free upload experience. Include warnings similar to TV regarding content, if flagged for lack of control 'state the reasons for removal'. Also copyright infringements may require the pulling of material, if so site the reason as well. Over the years some exe. will see a way…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pop-Up a Warning when a Admin is about to change the Name field

Pop-Up a Warning when a Admin is about to change the Name field on the Organazation Profile as this will effect How Onedrive is configured!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Free OST to PST Converter

Convert your inaccessible OST file in multipale format like PST, EML,MSG, RTF, MSG, MHTML and Office 365. With the help of Zaplogix OST to PST Converter Tool. Download free demo version.
    It Cost you $49 USD only for Home License.
    For More : http://tiny.cc/1tb18y

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement spelling/dictionary support for additional digraph ligatures/graphemes such as “ij/IJ”

Certain digraph ligatures and graphems are already supported in Office 365, such as “œ/Œ” in “sœur” (French), and “ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl, ſt” in “first” or “suffix” (English). While others are not, such as “ij/IJ” in “zijn” or “bijzijn” (Dutch), and “æ/Æ” in “archæology” (English).

It would be nice to have all of these accepted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When creating a calendar event that you can see if people youre inviting are already busy without having to share their calendars out.

In an organization with no admin staff that one user could book an appointment in a public folder calendar and know whether the person that will be attending the event is busy at that time, like when you try to email someone in your organization that has out of office set it prompts before you send the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base