Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We’d like to use Sharepoint to share folders with external folks and want to investigate security options. I know we can share with people b

We’d like to use SharePoint to share folders with external folks and want to set a policy so a folder that’s shared with a person in one organization can’t be shared with somebody in another organization. This is to avoid a situation where a single folder is shared with Company A and Company B, which could allow somebody from Company B to see Company A’s data in the folder. I’m thinking this policy would kick in once we share with an external user. It would set an ACL on the folder once it’s shared with user@companya.com so only people from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bug

Yesterday--12/10/2019-- word started crashing whenever I performed the following sequence of actions:

---opened a doc in draft view
    --viewed the notes
    --tried to scroll through the notes
    CRASH!!!!

I think this is the result of the update you pushed through. Please FIX.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why are all Microsoft staff incompetent liars???

I’ve been trying now for three weeks to use my new PC and every time I speak to someone from Microsoft they are unable to resolve my problem then promise to call back and then don’t????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Accomplishments to My Analytics

Many times employees need to write a monthly report detailing what they have accomplished for the month. Most of my tasks I confirm are complete with an email to the stakeholders. It would be great if Microsoft's AI could see these and show a list of completed tasks and how well I'm doing compared to previous months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Teams - Add contact's complete list of AD telephone numbers

When i add a contact in Teams (from our directory) i only get one PSTN number,
    If i add the same contact via Outlook GAL (and sync contact with Teams) i get the full telephone list from AD (work, home, fax, mobile etc). Therefore adding contacts via outlook is the only workable way to ensure teams is aware of all phone numbers - but this is VERY clunky..

For some customers, using teams as a telephony client, Teams>PSTN is the primary contact method, so we need all the telephone numbers. (we dont just do TEAMS<>TEAMS calling).

Request: Please ensure Adding…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Data Model relationships up- and downstream

Apply different colors or grey out up- and downstream pivot table fields related to Data Model Power Query relationships

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug with selecting multiple calendars when left calendar pane is not pinned

1. Switch to calendar view in Outlook

2. The left "pane" which shows two months of dates plus the list of shared calendars should be unpinned. That is to say, it should be reduced by default.

3. Click the open arrow at the top of the pane to get it to open.

4. Click one shared calendar. It will be added to the view.

5. Click a second shared calendar. Instead of adding it to the view, the pane will close.

6. You must reopen the pane to add the second calendar. If you try to add any more the bug will continue to happen for…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove password autorefresh for Safari users

User is allowed less than one second to enter password before autorefresh. On next autorefresh password is automatically added and again user has less than a second to confirm. This makes login on Safari iPad mini virtually impossible. Please fix so I can access my email. Thank you.

PS I am unsure if you can fix this issue or if it is a virus. Please investigate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Slow!!!!!!

Outlook 365 web platform is unbelievably slow.
    Consistently slow, on multiple computers slow, multiple times, multiple locations, slow, slow, slow.
    slow to open. slow to select new message. slow to select recipient. slow to header of message. slow to attach. slow, slow, slow, mega slow. very frustrating. I clicked send a message, fed my cat, fixed a snack, then came back to my computer. talk about slow.
    Gmail blows it out of the water.
    you better catch up!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can change how selected cell is highlighted

Green border on highlighted cell is not clear enough. Need to change the colour or thickness in which it's highlighted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Open list item in new tab instead of right side pane

Can you please allow users to open list item in new tabs instead of the right side detail pane? This is a struggle for users that are trying to update/edit multiple items at once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have already kaspersky activation code

Kaspersky Total Security is one of the most widely used security software as mentioned earlier and we at kaspersky activate specialize in taking care of all your needs in this regard. You can get I have already kaspersky activation code from us at the best prices and find products that suit your needs. We can also help you with all your support and troubleshooting requirements.
    visit:- https://www.apsense.com/article/install-kaspersky-activation-code-when-you-i-have-a-kaspersky-activation-code.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneNote participants list: it would be helpful if this list were sorted (or sortable by user)

An idea/thread exists about this feature request but it is locked. Last comment by a MS employee was to submit request via UserVoice. Hence this entry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add in Teams Meetings the ability to see who is on mute

In Microsoft Teams, during a Teams Meeting i would like to see in the ribbon showing video feeds and pictures if they are on mute or not

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Excel cannot update results of formulas linking to another workbook unless user open that workbook at the same time. F9 won't work.

Currently, user can only open all linked files to ensure all formula results are updated in the open excel documents, otherwise user must go to each cell, press F2 and then Enter, to trigger a manual update. F9 or Calculate Now would not work. It is not related to Automatic or Manual setup in Options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Visit hp.com to get the HP printer software

Do you want to get the HP printer software? If yes, then visit hp.com. By going through this site, you can easily download your HP printer software. There is a huge variety of HP printers available in the market. You can download any software for any printer. If you know how to download and install the software, then it's good. But if you want to know the process then, you can go through the process to download and install HP printer software. In case, you want any technician help, then contact HP Support. Experts will get in touch with you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quickbooks tech support

Quickbooks provides best accounting services as through this you can create or manage your business accounts details and records of tax bills, payments, transactions, etc online in fast and easy and way and in case you need any help assistance you can contact
    <a href="https://qbsolutions.co/ ">Quickbooks tech support</a>
    and ask for Quickbooks assistance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reduce the minimum balance needed to trigger an autocharge of Communication Credits

The current $50 minimum balance for an autocharge to be triggered is quite high for a small organisation that doesn't receive many 1-800 calls, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Insect Control Services

The online reviews are critical in this case, and this is why you should visit the internet and see how various pest exterminators have been rated and reviewed by past clients, and it is only wise to pick one that has been rated highly by previous clients. You can also get recommendations from family and close friends who have used the services of a particular Insect Control Services company in the past. Lots of people think they're terrifying, while others find them cute and cuddly. "Rats and mice have been around long before we built cities and towns in this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't remove features from the 2016 Excel perpetual version. (IFS no longer supported)

Removing features from the perpetual version is not right. The Microsoft Office senior tech claimed I never should have had it with 2016. It worked until this week (3/19). The IFS feature is now only on the subscription version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base