Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook: fix color scheme of "tell me what you want to do" box with dark grey theme

When outlook loses focus in the dark grey theme, the 'lightbulb' box changes color to a harsh/distracting black bar.
    This does not happen at all in the colorful theme, and is less noticable in other themes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New sites not preserving the term set values :: SharePoint Online

REG: SharePoint Online

After saving the site as a template and creating a new site based on this template which has document libraries with document sets using managed metadata columns, the values for these columns does not seem be consistent. We can see that several values on these taxonomy fields, imported from the site template, seem to be missing.

Do have any resolution on this...? MS claims that "They dont support this"

Kindly fix this issue.

Regards
    Raj | Rajkumar.1.dhanraj.ext@nokia.com; jitender.bhatia@nokia.com

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Changes from SharePoint list should automatically carry over to PowerApps-enhanced list form

For PowerApps-enhanced SharePoint list forms, it would be helpful if changes in list would be automatically carried over to PowerApps. For example, if a field is changed from mandatory to non-mandatory in SharePoint form, it would be helpful if the same field in PowerApps would be degraded from mandatory to non-mandatory.

Example steps:
    1) Open SharePoint list in settings
    2) Select column you want to change
    3) Change column from mandtory to non-mandatory
    4) In PowerApps, field is also changed from mandatory to non-mandatory & asterisk in front of the field name is not present anymore

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FIX Publisher!!!!

I just renewed my Publisher and now can't insert PDF docs into my project. This is unacceptable! Please fix NOW!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Conference call between Skype for Business & Skype

Inside Microsoft family, is completely absurde that skype users and Skype for business user can´t encounter an completed compability envirnoment.
    For example:
    Two SfB user's and one skype, it is no possible.
    One skype user and one SfB user, add button desappear.

My organization subscribe recently O365 product, and make several conferences with external investors.Obviously can´t advice O365 product to anyone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have our new Forms show up in our Files, not just from the Forms online app.

When Surveys were connected with an Excel spreadsheet, they were Excel files in our regular OneDrive. With the new Forms App, I have to go to that app to find the Surveys or online forms. Why can't they be linked to our OneDrive, where all our other working files are?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Play audio separately in a Microsoft Teams meeting without having to share the screen.

This would be helpful as we are practicing social distancing and companies are organizing virtual gatherings, such as for a happy hour meeting or chew and chat sessions. This would be an enhancement to the social experience. Presently, to play a music track, I have to share my audio player on the screen. This minimizes the people, which defeats the purpose of virtual gatherings. I know that this is a feature in Zoom, where you can not only share your audio within a presentation, but you can share the audio separately, and use it as a backing or accompaniment track.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow follow up emails to meeting attendees to be sorted by response

We have a recurring "meeting" (workplace welfare/workout), which hasn't mandatory attendance, and relies on enough people showing up for the activity to take place.

People who have responded, and declined, usually don't want any follow up emails or more nagging about the activity. People who've responded they're either attending or tentative, wants a status update either the day before or the same day of the activity. In addition, to ensure attendance enough to have the activity, there's a need to contact just those who've not responded.

The Office 2016 Outlook client, has no way (that I can find) that allows…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Get Math Research Paper Writing Service Before Deadline

Students who are looking for Math research paper writing service can now knock the door of BookMyEssay. Our professionals who have years of experience provide immediate writing help to students and solve their all homework and assignment related problems. Read more: https://www.bookmyessay.com/math-assignment/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Original message not showing in reply on Outlook Mail

Outlook iOS app has disabled viewing the original message trail when hitting reply to answer the e-mail. This is a very important function for a lot of users who hit reply and refer back to the original message when righting the reply. Please have this functionality added back to the next iOS update.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Default reply to for email sent to group

Allow the admin to set the default reply to for a group.

So users do not have to manually set the reply to email for every email in the group mailbox. Thus ensuring that everyone in the group is aware and informed of the conversation with the recipient/customer.

Example:
    Email is sent to Group1

Member2 replies (the email is shown from Group1)

The customer/recipient replies back (reply is sent to Group1)

Member2 then replies back to the recipient/customer.

All group members are aware/can see of the entire conversation with the recipient/customer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Office 365: Seperate Contact Email and Calendar

i switch about 100 times a day between Email/Contacts and Calendar. I always have to go over the outlook logo in the taskbar and choose one of the 3 windows instead of alt + tap and simple switch between the programs which i could also open from the taskbar. same is when i have to quickly look up or edit a contact or just add a calendar entry: Always first Outlook then Contact or Calender. - this really slows down work incredibly. Pls have contacts / email / calender separate in taskbar.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to do manual updates instead via click-to-run

I would like to see an option that allows users to install office updates themselves instead of automatically via click-to-run. Click-to-run can be a heavy process that slows down the startup time of my laptop. Just like for example Java, give users a notification that there is an update available which can be installed by clicking the notification.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Modification to External Sharing Messages

This comes from a client. They would like to see the ability to modify the external message sent to users inviting them into SPO or O4B. Specifically they want to add a policy and TOS message.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a meme template into which the user can upload photos and then create captions under or on the photo.

Create a template with the correct size for uploading to Facebook. I would like to create memes using my own or stock photos and captions on the photo or under the photo, depending on the image. The meme generators just take up more space on my devices. Why not just add this feature to Publisher, which I already have?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the information covering IP addresses used for Office 365 including CDN services

Please provide the information covering IP addresses used for Office 365 including CDN services.

We know the public information
    https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/Office-365-URL-%e3%81%8a%e3%82%88%e3%81%b3-IP-%e3%82%a2%e3%83%89%e3%83%ac%e3%82%b9%e7%af%84%e5%9b%b2-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2.
    However, some CDN IP addresses in the actual communication are not included in the article above, and it caused a communication interruption in Outlook client in our environment. Please include all IP addresses aligned with CDN ones in the above information.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete Stream videos in bulk

Currently, videos uploaded to Stream cannot be deleted by selecting multiple items.
    So, please implement a feature that can delete multiple videos by selecting some or in bulk.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. alias exchange

The new admin portal for exchange does not allow you to fill out the Alias for the new mailbox you want to create. We work with several companies and wanted to create a shared mailbox for finance@companyA.com and finance@companyB.com The old interface allowed us to give different aliasses and that saved the day. Please make the Alias field available in the new Exchange admin portal when creating a new (shared) mailbox.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include recall message on outlook for mac :) it would improve a lot my work :) thanks!

Include recall message on outlook for mac :) it would improve a lot my work :) thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to see the usage of Stream

Only Stream admin users can see the usage of Stream.
    Since the administrator right is too extensive, we would like you to implement a feature that particular users who are given some kinds of rights can see the usage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base