Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Complain Microsoft company

I used this system more than 10 years since it named officelive, later it changed to office 365. The main purpose I use it is I add my HTML programs to the webpage document. Then I get web address like

https://jhuang22.sharepoint.com/Documents/1gonature.aspx

the 1gonature.aspx is the file I created which is in document, it acted as main program and will call other aspx file I created in document. Public can see my web by visit my main program.

I do not know office 365 change the system to make the web page only can see by Microsoft members. I still keep…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook meeting integration with SharePoint List

In Outlook Meeting- Location Should be fetch from SharePoint list. And there should be integration with SharePoint List.
    Also there should be validation on start date and end date, that we want only some specific dates can user can select for meeting.
    In short need full integration of outlook meeting with any SharePoint lsit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow SSO for test and prod for enterprise applications

We use SSO for various hosted enterprise applications but you can only configure one environment. We have test and prod from our hosted provider would be great if we could setup SSO for both environments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Chat participants in Office 365 (Excel) get duplicated on page refresh

We were using the chat feature when working on an Excel file on Office 365 and we get re-added to the chatroom each time we refresh the page. We are a team of 4, but the chat showed that 12 people were in the conversation, 5 of which were myself, due to this duplication that occurs on page refresh.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. implement also direct save with office when working on a document on your harddrive

I like the direct save to Sharepoint...saves a lot of lost work. But why not also implement it when working offline or working with a document on you harddrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to thank you for excellent customer service

I would like to thank you for the excellent Outlook Android customer service by Julius. I have a Chromebook, and most apps, although in the Google Drive store, were not properly tested. Julius understood that he had an opportunity not just to serve a customer, but work together to improve the overall Outlook offering. I have been involved in cusotmer service in some fashion for over 35 years and see myself as being quite demanding. You can tell that Julius really cares, and people like him ensure customer loyalty.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Excel Fuzzy Lookup Add In: extend to MacOS

The Excel Fuzzy Lookup Add In is currently available only under Windows operating systems. Extend its scope to the Mac OS platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you open the Calendar in a new tab, keep all existing settings (such as other people's calendars that have been added).

When you open the Calendar in a new tab, keep all existing settings (such as other people's calendars that have been added).

Additionally, when I have many people's calendars open, if I hit the "back" button on the mouse, it removes all calendar settings.

Additionally, if I open a new e-mail from the taskbar notification, it removes all calendar settings.

Additionally, the "add @yourdomain.com to safe senders list" is never saved.

I have uninstalled outlook completely due to these issues, and your support/help staff have been entirely unhelpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. assign planner activity to outlook calendar

in an activity creation in the planner it is possible to inform if that activity will be linked to the calendar of the people attributed outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Employ support staff that dont contradict each other

Having seen MS now offer both forms, and quizzes. Contacted to ask how to create an online quiz where we can email respondents the answers based on their responses! Relatively easy right? Completed it in Google forms in less than an hour!
    MS?
    5 phone calls over 4 days and 3 follow up "can we close the ticket?" Calls all offering conflicting advice some saying have you tried survey monkey others saying you can but I dont know how, others saying no but you could buy this instead!

Waste of time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share the shared mailbox with read only permission

Dear Team

we are unable to share the shared mailbox in read only permission, as we don't have the extra backup of shared mailbox its very risky to shared the shared mailbox with full permission

please look in to this issue as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export all sharepoint permissions on folders ​ ​​​​​​​

Export all sharepoint permissions on folders ​to another folder
    ​​​​​​​

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Excel long numbers bugs - fix copy and paste PLEASE

Copying and pasting log numbers (UPC codes, excel still cant handle these after 20 years) completely ignores formatting and pasting rules. It pastes some scientific formula for every number no matter the formatting or paste options. The only way to get the numbers to show correctly is to double click in each cell, then the real number is shown. When you have over 1000 cells, this can take quite a while to correct. This has been an issue since Excel 97, please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Want to backup sticky notes using data export from OneNote application on a mobile device (iPhone)

I tried to export sticky notes’ data by going Setting > Data access in OneNote app (iPhone). But I saw a message saying that ”Sticky notes are synced with Exchange and included in a mailbox. Please contact a tenant admin about data access.” So, I couldn’t access the data. If you are an ESO admin, you are able to access all data including sticky notes of OneNote from EXO. I would like to request a feature that can export individual data from OneNote. Also, request better user interfaces because the messages after tapping menus or settings are difficult to understand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. not happy outlook view changed after last update

after last outlook 365 update message view permanently changed in a BAD way. the quick buttons "reply", "reply all", "forward", etc were just above the message. Now they are inconveniently placed in boxes to the far right of the message forcing a more extreme mouse movement. hours with microsoft support was unable to solve.
    microsoft should think long and hard when such changes are made that make usage more inconvenient. at a minimum always allow us (the users) the flexibility to put it back the way we want it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expand Outlook Permissions

With an increasing SME and virtual working I would like to see outlook permissions for inbox be expanded.
    I work regularly with other small businesses who want to give me access to their inbox to manage but as I understand it if your not of the same organisation/same exchange server this is not possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. @mention in Teams Suggestion list returns user names first vs team objects (like channel or Team name)

Return the Teams objects as part of an @mention first vs list of users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Specify an icon for moving an app window.

With more and more bells and whistles being added to the top-most ribbon, it is increasingly harder to find a spot to grab a window and move it to another part of the desktop. A consistent icon, like a hand, would allow users to know exactly where to put their mouse to grab a window and move it around the screen. Perhaps the hand icon could also transition a maximized (non-movable) window to a smaller, moveable one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To send someone an email from Teams, FYI, Since the Channel has its own email address, let them reply to it.

If I give my teams channel address to someone outside of our organization they can send me an email directly to that channel, it should work the way if I initiate the conversation to him he should be able to simply reply to the channel I sent it from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. could offer the option to assign a free/busy/available flag for event/s in external calendars

• I have an external calendar imported in Outlook

• This calendar contains meetings which I attend.

• This calendar/meetings are from another group/organisation/club, therefore, where not created from directly in my native kalendar

• however, my native calendar/Outlook cannot know that these events mean that I ' going to be absent, thus any meeting invitations theat collide with the events, cannot be rejected automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base