Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Include a return path in Out of Office answers, else the DKIM / DMARC check fails

There might be a legit reason for not having a return path, mail loops or whatever that I'm not aware of.. What I discovered was that we got a lot of DMARC failures and it was legit mail about "I'm out of office" the email DKIM check failed due to the missing return path, if that could be added I would not have the "dmarc failure spam" about our legit emails.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button in desktop applications to open file in web application

I came across an interesting case earlier. I have the full Office 365 ProPlus installation on my computer, but the people I am collaborating with only have access to the web application. I wanted to make sure what I was working on didn't contain any features that were not supported in the web application. I noticed that from the desktop apps, there is no button to quickly open a file in the web application and selecting the "open file location" button simply opened my OneDrive sync folder. It would be helpful to me and to others to have a one…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Stream - video feedback functionality

a feedback functionality where we can design simple survey questions so users can rate videos in different categories (on top of 'like'), e.g. training effectiveness, video length / medium / quality, etc. It would be enough to have a star or numbers rating. In addition, it would be great to be able to pull this as a metric to find the best video per category.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Password protect a shared link via onedrive for business just like onedrive personal.

Password protect a shared link via onedrive for business just like onedrive personal. This is a compliance requirement in the UK for many business who share sensitive information with clients.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Azure Functions as part of Office 365 suite

Azure functions are better companions for implementing Sharepoint Webhooks. But as of now Azure Functions are part of Azure subscription only and users have to pay separately for them apart from Office 365 subscription.

It would be better if Azure Functions are offered part of Office 365 suite as well to let the users adopt them even more

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Publisher available online

Can we get publisher online in Office 365 just like we do for Word, Excel and PowerPoint? Then we need it available as a mobile app on phones and tablets

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. News Digest Feature - configurable images, header & summary area

The It is not yet possible to make changes to the appearance of images, header area, or summary area of the email created using the "New Digest' feature in SharePoint.

This feature has been showcased by MS in their announcement but yet to be released.

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Create-and-send-a-News-digest-42efc3c6-605f-4a9a-85d5-1f9ff46019bf

Please release this feature as it will enable organisations to create their newsletters using SharePoint

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Exchange Online - Block basic auth when MFA is enforce but user has no app passwords

Block basic auth when MFA is enforce but user has no app passwords:

Currently if you have an MFA enforced user (on the user level) - and the user has an app password - the basic auth call is blocked before it gets sent to the federated realm provider (ADFS, etc).

However, if the user is MFA enforced but has NO app passwords - the auth call is forwarded to the federated realm provider - which even if a token is granted the authentication fails (because basic auth cannot perform MFA).

In the second scenario, brute-force attempts can cause extranet…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Team names accepting only 8 characters

While creating a team from teams admin center, it only accepts up-to 8 characters, however when we try to create the same from Teams application or an office 365 group it accepts the complete name.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix SharePoint 2013 Workflows that cannot start 2010 Workflows on lists when user permissions are set below CONTRIBUTE at the site level

If a user has READ access at the site level, they cannot initiate a SharePoint 2010 workflow that is started by a SharePoint 2013 workflow, regardless if the list has unique permissions or not. The user can only do so if they are granted CONTRIBUTE rights on the web.
    This problem becomes particularly apparent if we want to isolate user access to a specific list in a web by breaking permission inheritance from the parent. We would do so by granting the user CONTRIBUTE rights only on the list, and READ rights on the parent. The combination of 2013 workflows…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Microsoft Teams forward calls to Call Queue or a Distribution Group

Provide the ability for users to forward a call to a Call Queue or a Distribution Group within Microsoft Teams. Also the ability to choose 10-second forward instead of only 20-second. Would even help if an admin can create a Call Group in the admin center and have users add that instead of having to add to the call group in teams individually for each user.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. delete all yammer post

Requesting the ability to delete all yammer post as a yammer administrator

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add support for putting images in a signature in the Outlook mobile app

The company I work for has required that everyone in the company add a picture to their email signature. All of our external sales representatives currently use the Outlook client for their email, but due to this new requirement will not be able to anymore until this is allowed.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To disable microsoft teams chat

To have the possibility to enable or disable the Microsoft teams chat. In other words, turn off/on the chat whenever the team administrator wants.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows Explorer cannot make a lock icon for ptrotected AIP Office files

If you make a protected files with AzureInformation Protection (AIP), in Windows Explorer you see a lock icon for a lot of file extension (example; TXT or Jpeg files) but not for Microsoft files (example: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
    Can I have the same experience for all files (we spoke here for security and I can see in the blink of an eye; what is protected in a folder)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. outlook 2016 should have the option to export and import outlook macros and should be able to include Customized fields in the contacts

Outlook 2016 should have the option to export and iport outlook macros and should also be able to include Customized fields in the contacts
    When you create customized fields in an excel file it should allow us to import it exactly the same way in outlook 2016

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reduced Functionality Mode

オフラインの状態が 30 日間続くと機能制限モードに移行する動作をすると認識しているが、長期の出張で海外など、インターネット環境をどうしても確立することができない場所に行く必要になった際に、機能制限モードになる旨の警告が毎日表示されたり、実際に日数が来て機能制限モードになってしまった。

オフラインでの利用を想定していないのはわかるが、法人利用を想定された製品である以上、インターネット環境が確立できない状況で運用しなければならないケースにも柔軟に対応できるようにしてほしい。
    サブスクリプションの有効期限内であればオフラインでも利用できるようにする機能や、機能制限モードに移行する期間を延長させる機能などを追加してほしい。

また、Microsoft のサポートに連絡したところ、ライセンスの再認証の手順を案内されたが、ライセンス再認証をするコマンドはユーザーの端末にて実施する必要があり、ユーザーが操作する作業としては少し手順が複雑である。
    ライセンスの再認証の操作を管理者側で操作する機能も併せて追加をしていただきたい。

When you need to go to a place where you can not establish the Internet environment such as overseas due to long-term business trip etc, I think that it will do 30 day and 30 days in offline state, A warning to the restricted mode is displayed everyday, or the number of days actually arrived and it became the function limit mode.

I understand that it is not supposed to use offline, but since it is a product assumed for corporate use, I want you to be able to respond flexibly to…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Users should get feedback about current status of issues being fixed by the development team

When users make contacts to customer support and customer support answers that the issue is currently being fixed by the development team, users are unable to hear about current status of the issue which is being investigated by the development team.

Support case number and issue number should be linked together. The user who made the contact, should be able to acquire information about the current status of the issue via Message Center etc..

----------------------------------------------------------

サポートあてに問い合わせを行い、その結果、開発部門で検証中となった場合、その案件の進捗について問い合わせを行ったユーザーが知る手段がありません。

サポートあてに行った問い合わせの番号と、開発部門で検証中となった案件の番号を紐づかせ、問い合わせを行ったユーザーは、案件の進捗状況をメッセージセンターなどから確認できることが望ましいです。

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft Intune client apps installation order

Possibility to set installation order/priority to any client app in Intune (Store app, MSI, Win32, Weblink, etc.)

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add clipart library

Please add back the ability to use clipart in Word documents.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base