Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. provide consistent powershell switches between modules

Consistency in powershell switches between modules

Just a few examples

Get-MsolUser -All
    Get-AzureAdUser -All $true (why boolean required ??)
    Get-Mailbox -Resultsize unlimited (why not "-all" ??)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to update the subject on future meetings without sending an email notification to the attendees.

Allow users to update the subject on future meetings without sending an email notification to the attendees. This is already working for meetings in the past and was a feature in previous Outlook versions.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Possibility to create Links to server folders (no URL)

If I want to post a Link to a folder on a business server (no URL), I get the error message that this is not possible for this adress.
    But I want to share the location of specific data to the Team members and they should be able to get to it with one click.
    Please enable linking to adresses which are no URL.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to submit support tickets from the new Microsoft 365 admin center (Preview)

Environment: Windows 10, Edge

I am unable to submit support tickets from Microsoft 365 admin center in preview.

There is a query text box shown by clicking Support > New service request and I can type the query in it, but I can’t click Contact support.

I checked with InPrivate browser and confirmed that the same issue happens.
    Since the same admin account can submit support ticked if preview is off, I would like you to enable the functionality in preview as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reschedule, Cancel booking, New booking options for the recipient

Can we get the Reschedule, Cancel booking, New booking options to be displayed for the recipient as well.
    Currently, the sender / initiator only has the option to Reschedule, Cancel booking, New booking.
    However, the receiver / recipients just sees the New booking option.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep me signed in Checkbox

Please add back the "Keep me sign in" option for Outlook on the Web, as well as the Office Portal, Office Apps, One Drive, Sharepoint...

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Best EDB to PST converter tool

Shoviv Software is a very popular name in the field of EDB to PST Converter which provides good EDB to PST Conversion and it’s embedded with advanced functions like (Message filtering, email address convention, and PST files splitting). Exchange users can easily convert all the mailboxes of EDB files to PST formats with all internal entities like Contacts, task, calendars, appointments, attachment, etc. With this software, users can export .edb files into different formats like Outlook PST, Office 365, Live Exchange Server and also export into EML, MSG, and HTML. The software is supported by all the Windows OS and…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow users to set up voicemail if they do not have full version of skype

currently users cannot change the voicemail greeting if they do not have the full version of skype for business , users should be allowed to change the voicemail greeting at least from the web portal

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OST to PST Conversion in Mac & Windows

OST to PS Conversion is required to import OST files to Outlook. This becomes mandatory as OST is the format meant for offline usage, and cannot work with Outlook. Only PST format works with Outlook, and therefore, one has to convert OST database to PST format.

The OST to PST Conversion Tool - https://www.ostextractorpro.com/

Simple to use – The amazing interface of OST Extractor Pro is a joy to customers. OST Extractor Pro assures customers that it will convert their PST files to PST format but nothing soothes them but the interface of OST Extractor Pro because this interface never…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Outlook search scope to that "Current Folder" works correctly

When searching for mail messages in OL2016, search "Current Folder" doesn't do what it says. The scope of the search is NOT the current folder, the scope is actually the CURRENT VIEW of the current folder. A "Current View" option should be added, or the "Current Folder" search option should be fixed so that it actually searches all the items in the current folder, and not just the ones shown in the current view.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. O365 Shared Calendar Information ‘pop-up and alert’

When one of the users in a Shared calendar adds an item, it should pop up as information to the other members that a new item was added (when and by whom).
    Same as when I add an alert to an item, it should alert all members of the Shared Calendar, not just the person who added it.
    I mostly use my phone calendar.

I use the calendar at a common calendar with my wife (mostly from our phones), so we always have control of the family items. I know MS competitors have this feature (I have used it for…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. change outlook colors

Allow more color control for Office 365 Outlook and Outlook webmail. Particularly Outlook webmail. Everything is so WHITE. Maybe if you are 24 everything is fine but at almost 59, it's a tough color scheme.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whan a DLP rule is triggered on a file in a SharePoint document library, users should NOT receive SharePoint List alerts

Users had SharePoint alerts set up on a document library to alert on "All Changes" and send alerts when "Anything Changes".

When the DLP crawler flagged files in the document library, users received hundreds of SharePoint alerts from the System Account modifications. The file "modified date" was unchanged. This resulted in furious users and multiple support calls.

Users with SharePoint alerts should NOT receive alerts when a DLP rule is triggered on a file. The DLP notifications should handle communication to the proper channels for remediation rather than an e-mail blast to many users.

We opened a premier support ticket…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. create outlook task from OneNote

Create Outlook task directly from OneNote Windows 10

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add markdown (and/or other markup language) as a valid editing language for O365 SharePoint Wiki

Editing O365 SharePoint Wiki would be way more efficient and faster if it supported markdown or some other markup languages.

Right now, I just pass my .md through pandoc to make raw html, but that's a pain in the butt.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Admin limitations in Streams

1) Admin report for checking number of videos uploaded in a specific group and uploaded size of the videos.
    2) Report for number of videos uploaded in the organization and memory size utilized in Streams.
    3) How to check size of call recording in Streams through Teams.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Single Sign On doesn't work for Dynamics CRM On Premise between different farms within same domain.

Hi,
    We have Dynamics CRM hosted for different lines of businesses across multiple server farms. We are not able to make single sign on work for this scenario. Microsoft support has mentioned this to be an untested scenario. Can someone suggest if we are missing something.
    For detailed Repro steps please click on the below link:
    https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/299216

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for searching int Microsoft Teams wiki pages.

Microsoft Teams can search through documents and conversations. It cannot however search through the wiki that I have created for my team. We updated and placed all of our companies policy updates only to find out that there is no way to search for content. How can we get the contents to be searchable?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display Yammer always in the default setting language

I would like to inform you about the following problem in Yammer.
    Once you cleared cache in a browser, Yammer will be displayed in English every time even though the language setting is Japanese. I hope that this behavior should be corrected to display Yammer in set language always.

In our operation, caches will be cleared in browsers at the end of the work for security reason and which means that Yammer displays contents in English every time we opened it again.
    Previously Yammer`s language display did not get any affection from clearing cache so it will be nice if…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. extension dialing from and auto attendant

My customer has chosen to use VVX certified phones from Polycom and wants to have an option in the auto attendant for callers to dial 4 digit extensions to their destinations. She does not feel the current capability to dial a destination from the auto attendant using voice recognition system works well enough for her production deployment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base