Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Office 365 home] additional email aliases (for "personalised email" / custom domain)

For Office 365 home/personal you offer the feature "personalised email", which allows to connect any Domain registered via GoDaddy to O365 home accounts and create ONE mail adress per license.

However any O365 user (=6 in O365 home) can only create ONE email adress /alias.
    I need more, e.g. for additional kids and role accounts.
    So...

1) allow the creation of additional mail forwarders / mailboxes (admin user in "Premium Menu" -> "personalized email adress")

2) allow to purchase / add additional O365 licenses above and beyond the 6 person limit in "O365 home" for larger families.

3) PLEASE, pretty…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Meetings - Enable Separate Windows

Enable separating Teams meetings parts/windows to be on separate screens. For example, if someone is sharing his screen, I want to put that on a different monitor while I take meeting notes in Teams.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 微软服务在中国大陆访问的访问速度都非常缓慢

我看了文档,大概是有以下方法:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3.使用软件版本的Word、Powerpoint...

然而,我作为一个个人用户,不可能搭建VPN,我的订阅也不含PSTN所需的 音频视频会议 。至于第三种方案...我有时要从Onedrive下载和上传,还是会被GFW阻塞。
    所以,我希望微软可以为我们(订阅用户)提供高速专用虚拟网络(VPN),以降低GFW对我们的影响。

如果可能,我希望微软可在大陆设立国际版服务器(非世纪互联),服务器带宽总比我们好吧。
    虽然我们都知道这是中国混乱的ISP和GFW的屏蔽造成的,但我仍希望微软能有所作为,与政府协商,将国际版账户服务器移至大陆,而不是由世纪互联运营,具体原因(我的观点)如下:1.域名过长,对国内不熟悉英语的用户是一个困扰,而且知名度不够。
    2.与国际版账户不互通,无法在国际版界面上登录,国际版也无法在世纪互联登陆以增快访问速度。
    3.终结点不同。国际版与中国版Microsoft Graph终结点不同,不便开发,需额外开发新版本,有些软件使用国际版接口,中国版无法登陆。造成了那些已知问题
    (无法激活Office桌面版,无法连接Onedrive......)然而,微软与政府的协商貌似很久没有进展了,这不免令人沮丧,希望微软有所实质行动。

I read the documentation, probably there are the following methods:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3. Use the software version of Word, Powerpoint...

However, as an individual user, it is impossible for me to set up a VPN, and my subscription does not include the audio and video conference required by PSTN. As for the third option...I sometimes have to download and upload from Onedrive, but it will still be blocked by GFW.
    Therefore, I hope Microsoft can provide us (subscribers) with a high-speed private virtual network (VPN) to…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add support for putting images in a signature in the Outlook mobile app

The company I work for has required that everyone in the company add a picture to their email signature. All of our external sales representatives currently use the Outlook client for their email, but due to this new requirement will not be able to anymore until this is allowed.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR

I would strongly request you to publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR, because this is the final information we can get at the moment and we don’t have any more resources about further actions for the incident.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Microsoft Stream - add 'report' / 'flag' option for inappropriate content and comments

It would be very helpful if all users have the option (a button) to flag or report any inappropriate videos or comments to administration, like in Youtube.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Notifications from Outlook attendee responses for Teams channel meeting

When a Teams meeting is scheduled within a Teams Channel, the required and optional attendees are notified in Outlook. However, the organizer does not get notified of their responses (nor any included message) when they respond from Outlook. The only way to know is to go into the meeting to see their status (no messages). Organizers need to receive a notification of the Outlook responses, while keeping our meetings scheduled within the Teams channel.

Microsoft is able to recreate & validate this issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamsmeeting-msteams_schedule/no-notifications-from-outlook-responses-to-a-teams/e571990c-4225-42e2-906d-00d198d01a84?messageId=ac0e328d-2d39-4b3e-8dbc-c3dd2d905730

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Office Web Add-ins does not work when editing a response on OWA

Office Web Add-ins does not work when selecting the option "Edit the response before sending." The Add-ins are not present in the body of the email.

For example, My Templates addin.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to export Sharepoint Wiki pages as word documents or PDF.

OtherMost enterprise Wikis (like Atlassian Confluence) allow you to simply export your wiki page or pages as PDF/Word Documents. This would be a very useful addition to sharepoint wikis.

Managing official documentation/processes/procedures/plans in word documents and attaching those word documents to a sharepoint site is a much more cumbersome process than simply making the wiki page the documentation. The information becomes much more accessible and you avoid having multiple versions of documents floating around as email attachments or on file shares etc...

Our adoption of sharepoint wiki for this purpose is being limited by our inability to export documents to…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Public folder calendar color category does not work when sharing

Public folder calendar color category does not work when sharing the public folder calendar with another users and the color category does not sync with OWA as well

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow for screen pop to a URL based on caller id (for CRM search based on phone number)

Allow users to add a url that will pop up in a separate (or imbedded) window (browser), that allows for the addition of the caller ID from an inbound (or outbound) caller. Example: https://www.bing.com/search=(Caller ID) or https://www,MyCRM.com/Universal_Search=(Caller ID) OR (Caller Name)
    This would then open the URL in Edge or Chrome, etc. allowing the user to search for information based on the Caller ID (eg. WhitePages.com)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include a return path in Out of Office answers, else the DKIM / DMARC check fails

There might be a legit reason for not having a return path, mail loops or whatever that I'm not aware of.. What I discovered was that we got a lot of DMARC failures and it was legit mail about "I'm out of office" the email DKIM check failed due to the missing return path, if that could be added I would not have the "dmarc failure spam" about our legit emails.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Teams WhoBot is nice, but could be so much more useful. I'd like to see it query the Delve profile

The Teams WhoBot (Who) has a lot of potential. As it is today, it seems to use data posted to Teams for the "Who knows about..." function. The problem we have on the IT Support side of things are the people who post a lot about "SQL performance" are asking questions (and racking up the post count), and not subject matter experts. The experts rarely reply with "I know about SQL performance", and WhoBot really doesn't know who the experts are.
    We've also started exploring if we can leverage Delve's Profile - expertise, education (i.e. certificates), hobbies, skills, and projects.…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Office Add-ins in our tenant independent from optional connected experiences setting

Forms and Find Time are services of which data resided in our own 365 tenant. Therefor we'd like to be able to leverage their respective add-ins in the office applications like Outlook and PowerPoint.

Bounded by GDPR we needed to disable the 'optional connected experiences' in Office, as Bing Search in PowerPoint and other public services are subject to different terms as the once agreed upon in the Microsoft Online Service Terms.

When disabling Optional Connected Experiences all add-in are disabled, even the ones subject to the Microsoft OST like FindTime.

Can you change the disablement of Optional Connected Experiences…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About implement a feature which can set the link in “copy link”

*English follows Japanese

[リンクのコピー] の リンク設定を設定する機能を追加してほしい
    [リンクのコピー] をクリックした際に表示されるリンクの設定 ([すべてのユーザー] 、[テナントのユーザー] 、[既存アクセス権をもつユーザー] 、[特定のユーザー] ) の既定値を選択可能な機能を追加してほしい。

※ フルコントロールの権限者でも [アクセス許可を既に持っているユーザーのみこのリンクを使用できます。] が既定で表示されるなど

I want to add a feature that allows me to select the default values for the links that appear when I click “copy link” (all users, tenant users, users with existing access rights, and specific users).
    Like even on the page of users who have full control permissions, it can also be displayed “Only users who already have permissions can use this link.” by default.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide/Mask answers for security questions for MFA

Mask or Hide the answers when providing for the security questions for MFA just like when typing your password when logging in to Office 365. If there are people standing next to you, they can see the answers.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Symbolic Links should be created when OneDrive is protecting important folders like Desktop, Pictures and Documents

Adding the feature to protect important folders with OneDrive was a great idea. However, the current implementation can be confusing when saving files using various applications or using a command-line.

For example, the c:\users*username\Desktop folder still exists separately from the c:\users*username\OneDrive\Desktop folder and can still be saved to. This creates instances of confusion where files may seem to be missing from OneDrive or may save to the incorrect location.

To resolve this, I suggest when OneDrive protects important folders that the corresponding original folders turn into Symbolic Links to the OneDrive location.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Forms Pro - increase limitation for the forms

In the below article is stated that the limitation is 100 questions per form:
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/form-question-and-response-limits-in-microsoft-forms-ec15323d-92a4-4c33-bf88-3fdb9e5b5fea

"For the Likert question type, each option counts as a single question."

It would be great to increase the limitation for the forms, since for some of the "Likert" type of questions, if they are 17 x 5 options, it is considered as 102 questions, which is not providing a reliable service.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add math equations to Whiteboard like it's available in OneNote online

It would be great to include the math features that are available in OneNote in the new Whiteboard app. This will provide greater functionality for math teachers.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. .PST files synced to OneDrive for Business, creating mulitple versions

When an outlook connected .pst file is synced to OneDrive for business, it keeps on creating multiple versions of it post outlook it closed and reopened. There is no way to disable versioning for a specific file type in OneDrive, because of which it is consuming unnecessary space of our OneDrive storage. Please get this fixed as the size of the file remains the same but when outlook is closed and reopened OneDrive thinks the file is updated and creates a new one.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base