Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to Save As in Current Folder

In previous versions of Office, one of the Save As options was always "current folder" so you could save the new version of a document where the original is. That is now gone and it only displays recent folders. I frequently will leave a document open for a few days and when I go to save a new version of the document, the current folder isn't listed as a recent folder (or if it is, I am searching through a long list). It is fairly common for people to save new versions of documents in the same folder as the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How many Admins and Users are accessing User's Voice

Although the User's Voice is a great way to state your opinions and look for solutions, I would like to understand the percentages of Users and Administrators that are actually utilizing it? If this is very low in comparison to the total number of users and admin, is there a way to improve it's exposure to everyone.

Could Microsoft also post a complete list of user suggestions via email to all Admin so we all could send in our votes to adopt suggestions. In many cases I feel that people are not voting on suggestions because they do not know…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve picture dragging in Publisher

In Publsher 2007, when dragging a picture, the picture was surrounded by a dotted outline, the same way ALL OTHER OBJECTS are (text boxes, tables, etc). This outline made it very easy to see where you were dragging and dropping the picture. Sometime around Publisher 2010, Microsoft decided that pictures no longer needed these outlines, which means if you are dragging certain pictures (like ones with a WHITE BACKGROUND), the pictures seem to disappear until they are dropped. This behavior is present even when "Show boundaries" is selected. BRING BACK THE OUTLINE on pictures, please, to make it easier to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. export live mail calendar recovery

If you have any type of problem concerning to convert live mail calendar to PST Outlook so you can download SysInspire Windows Live Mail Calendar Recovery Software that easily recover & Export Live Mail calendar to Existing Outlook profile, CSV, ICS, TXT, HTML, vCard. To use the software there need to install IBM lotus notes application and MS Outlook is not required for conversion. Software supports all MS Outlook versions included- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & below versions.
    Read more:-https://www.sysinspire.com/live-mail-calendar-recovery/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix refresh system in new email quarantine interface in Office 365

I am already having this reported issue tracked by support, but suggested by them to post here as well. Problem is the last quarter of the messages in the new quarantine interface in Office 365 cannot be reviewed because the page keeps refreshing and pushing your list up. Happens in both latest browser versions of Chrome and Edge I have tested so far.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a mechanism to allow users to sync entire sharepoint site collections via onedrive

It would be useful to allow admins to provision users for the ability to set up a site collection sync for all libraries in one click if desired. This is particularly meaninful when there are onedrive sync client failures. We have had a number of instances in which the onedrive sync client broke, and the only solution was to have users go back through their lirbaries and re-sync them one at a time, which is really time consuming. We have about a hundred different subsites and libraries, so this is pretty painful. it happens to us once or twice a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to filter People results in SharePoint Modern Search etc

I am working for a client atm and they are getting Disables user accounts and service accounts (_SpCRWL00000, Foreign Principal) in People Search results in the Modern Search. Unlike classic search this does not change if i add a search query rule.

Could you include an option that filters out the dross such as any disabled accounts and any service accounts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Global automatic responses

I'd like to have the ability through Transport Rules to automatically respond to emails on a company wide basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. keep calendars in Other Calendars

When calendar view is selected by right clicking Open in New Window in the lower left window of Outlook, the Other Calendars calendars are not selected, even though the Other Calendars calendars are selected when the calendar view is selected by left clicking.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Microsoft Search availability in Japan

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Searchの展開状況(展開中、展開済みなど)をブログなどで公開してほしい

Microsoft Search availability in Japan
    https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/41b9b33d-fcc4-470c-90ec-068211fbbb16
    上記の公開情報では、日本は Microsoft Search を有効にできる対象ではないようですが、有効にできることを確認しています。
    このため、日本のテナントでも順次利用が可能になっている状況と思われます。
    Microsoft Searchの展開状況について、ブログなどで公開していただくことを希望します。

In https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/41b9b33d-fcc4-470c-90ec-068211fbbb16, to enable Microsoft Search, tenant and admin has to be in certain locations that does not include Japan, yet we can enable Microsoft Search in my tenant. So we are guessing that it is expanding the service locations including Japan. Provide actual Microsoft Search roll out map.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Address List functionality to Office 365 to mimic on-premise

We would like address list functionality in Office 365 to mimic the on-premise configuration. Set-globaladdresslist and get are missing from O365. We would like the ability to create custom address lists.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PTO dates in Signature

Need a way to put Personal Time Off dates to be appended in signature may be at-least a week before PTO start date.
    example, if I am on PTO fro 1 jan 2018 to 15-jan-2018, I should be bale to set this date range somewhere and outlook should append message like " On PTO from 1 Jan 2018 to 30 Jan 2018".
    also should reset once PTO period is over.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attach email templates when an email group is selected to prompt sender information.

To prompt those sending an email to an outlook email group to remember certain information in their message.
    When the Outlook group is selected for an email the email opens and a template would be automatically imported to prompt the sender for certain information. It would also be great if when they selected this outlook email group that an encryption was also automatically used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. STUPID AND COMPLICATED MICROSOFT ONLINE. SUPPORT FOR MORE THEN 1 mounth. VERY BAD, still not working.

I maybe sound mad, it is because I am mad and frustatred. I have received support since June 2018 after I decided to use Outlook Manager. and since then there have been only problems.
    I'm very disappointed with Microsoft since they've changed everything to be online. NEVER there have been so many problems. I have been using Microsoft since 1996 to now, and before it was online it ws working perfect and special with BCM.. It has become a money machine, you cannot have multiple email addresses that are kept separate unless you buy a license per address. I have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Productivity/Turn-around times

The Microsoft Teams and Plans/Planner app is great for inputting different projects or tasks. However, is there an app that includes productivity/turn around times? For example, if I were to assign a task, and the task was completed 24 hours later by a team member, is there something either within teams, plans, etc. that would track the resolution/completion of said task, or perhaps a different app that Microsoft offers to do all of the above?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MS OFFICE 365 updates on MAC

i have noticed that every time office365 updates release for MAC. The customized font set by user will automatically change to its Default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a Label creating/printing capability

Allow Publisher (and PowerPoint) to use/edit/print mailing labels and other types of labels (name badges, etc) such as those found in MS Word. Publisher provides much more flexibility and allows for creativity not possible in MS Word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need to change the channel for Office clients installed on a PC from Office 365 portal even after installed it

Need to change the channel for Office clients installed on a PC from Office 365 portal even after installed it. To change the registry or reinstall Office is not easy for us to do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Frustration

NO idea - only frustration:_(
    For one person your very special products are not helpful
    They are costing my life time - since about 50 hours.
    Costs: € 3000.- .
    It is not possible to connect different devices (A1-samsung- google- ms) so i am able to use them all:
    conclusio: You are thinking in share values not in customer needs (it might be called marketing) I wish you to get lost... (at the moment it does´t work)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base