Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The task follow up flags are too similar now.

The update that just went into effect changed a lot of visual UI pieces. One of these it the colorization of the task follow up flags. The due today flag is not the solid color that it used to be and now is too similar to the other flag colors to stand out very well. Due today flags should visually stand out from the others, and now they don't.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Introduce a lobby in the education teams where the learners can wait until the class starts

It would be great if a teacher could have learners go to the lobby when they log into the class, and then when the teacher joins they can come in from the lobby. It would also be helpful for the meeting to then end when the teacher says "end of class" or something similar

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [OUTLOOK] Add "FROM" field to Quick Step reply

In Outlook, there is currently no option to change the "From" field for a reply when creating a "Quick Step".
    The only way to do this currently is to actually create the Reply e-mail, and then manually change it every single time in the e-mail window.

As someone who sends hundreds of e-mails "On Behalf Of" a generalized help desk e-mail address this would be a great quality of life feature.
    Currently I have to manually click the From field for every single email. It gets quite tedious. I have looked online and seen the possibility of creating a macro+template…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow controlling show /hide the [Feedback] button freely in Office 365 services

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 サービスの各機能において、[フィードバック] 機能の表示 / 非表示機能の実装を希望します。

Allow controlling show /hide the [Feedback] button freely in Office 365 services

■Description(内容):
    不用意なフィードバックの送信を制御するため、Office 365 ホーム、Outlook Web Access、SharePoint Online、Yammer などの各機能での [フィードバック] ボタンまたはリンクについて、表示 / 非表示を制御する機能の実装を希望します。

In order to prevent sending feedbacks by accident, I hope the feature will be added that allows us to switch show/hide the [Feedback] button in Office 365 services such as Office 365 portal, Outlook Web Access, SharePoint Online and Yammer.

Thank you for your consideration.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adjust how "Top Results" displays search results

There is lots of feedback here complaining about "Top Results" and how it should be removed, but I think there is instead a simple way to fix it to appease both the lovers and haters:

The current problem with "Top Results" is that it takes those results out of the main the search results, making it difficult to understand where in the timeline those results would have normally fallen.

My proposal is simple: You can keep the "Top Results" algorithm the same, but display those results in both search sections- The normal search section AND the "Top Results" section.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow OneDrive for business to connect to multiple Office 365 tenants.

I work in a large corporate which has its own Office 365 tenant. My business unit has its own Office 365 tenant for data sovereignty reasons.

Using Business to Business (B2B) I can configure the @corporate.com users to access SharePoint which is great. (Requires Azure Premium to do this via conditional access) Currently MIcrosoft doesn't support the @corporate.com account connecting to SharePoint on the @businessunit.com tenant using OneDrive. We know the connection is possible as it works with SharePoint through the browser.

I would like Microsoft to allow OneDrive for Business to be able to comnnect to multiple tenants.

I…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Email notifications of Office 365 Service Health Incidents in GCC High

Hello,

I realize that email notifications sent to admins when there is a Service Health notification was only just recently completed toward the end of CY19, but this feature is needed in GCC and GCC High as well. Admins cannot be expected to constantly check the Service Health dashboard to see if there are any new incidents or outages.

For a recent incident, our admins were informed of the incident by an increase in end users reporting issues. It would have been helpful for the admins to be aware that there was an incident going on ahead of time.

Related…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In PowerApps add an Undo button to the text formatting ribbon on a rich text field when editing

Users have requested an Undo button while editing a PowerApps form rich text field. This functionality was available in InfoPath rich text fields and was useful.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Edit Yammer #joined Message-Template

Yammer admins should be able to edit #joined message-templates.

The current template is kind of bad.
    "has #joined the conet.de network. Take a moment to welcome Lastname,."

At least it should be the complete name instead of "lastname, ."

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Control icons that are displayed in the Office 365 portal

The icons displayed at portal.office.com do not always work. In particular, the OWA icon fails with an error if OWA is disabled on premise and the user's mailbox is not in the cloud or if OWA has been disabled in the cloud. Need to remove the OWA icon in such cases.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow activation of SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure on Modern SharePoint site

There are some features we want to enable on a modern site but it requires SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure to be activated.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please include details of any issues you may see after running Microsoft Support / Recovery Assistant. Microsoft サポート/回復アシスタントを実行後に表示さ

When running the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant Tool (Sara), the problematic libraries and folders are not identified, so it takes time to identify the problem. I would like to make improvements so that you can get clear information on which item is the problem.

Microsoft サポート / 回復アシスタント ツール (Sara) を実行した際に、問題が発生しているライブラリーやフォルダーの特定がされないため、問題の特定に時間がかかる。
    どのアイテムでの問題なのか、明確な情報が取得できるような改善を希望します。

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enhancements to Office365 integration with Canvas LMS

The integration with Canvas LMS is now over 3 years old and is in need of further developments and improvements

Here are five considerations:

Ability to embed content directly from Office365 in the RCE

It is not possible to embed a document in Office365 directly into a page. This features is possible in the Google Integration and the lack of progress with this continues to be a huge source of frustration for many users particularly K12. Interaction with a resource is so important and the ability to add a document into an iframe and embed on a page would be…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Outlook calendar to change default meeting time to 45 or 50 minutes

To get a more effective meeting culture, it would have been nice if you could change default meeting time in Outlook calendar. Today it is only predefined time (5 min 6 min, 10 min, 15, min 30 min, and 60 min). This should be a setting you can put yourself.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I like O365 online very much but I’m definitely missing native Linux versions.

Online is fine, but a really desktop application is some completely different. I miss the Linux versions.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [Office 365 home] additional email aliases (for "personalised email" / custom domain)

For Office 365 home/personal you offer the feature "personalised email", which allows to connect any Domain registered via GoDaddy to O365 home accounts and create ONE mail adress per license.

However any O365 user (=6 in O365 home) can only create ONE email adress /alias.
    I need more, e.g. for additional kids and role accounts.
    So...

1) allow the creation of additional mail forwarders / mailboxes (admin user in "Premium Menu" -> "personalized email adress")

2) allow to purchase / add additional O365 licenses above and beyond the 6 person limit in "O365 home" for larger families.

3) PLEASE, pretty…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 微软服务在中国大陆访问的访问速度都非常缓慢

我看了文档,大概是有以下方法:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3.使用软件版本的Word、Powerpoint...

然而,我作为一个个人用户,不可能搭建VPN,我的订阅也不含PSTN所需的 音频视频会议 。至于第三种方案...我有时要从Onedrive下载和上传,还是会被GFW阻塞。
    所以,我希望微软可以为我们(订阅用户)提供高速专用虚拟网络(VPN),以降低GFW对我们的影响。

如果可能,我希望微软可在大陆设立国际版服务器(非世纪互联),服务器带宽总比我们好吧。
    虽然我们都知道这是中国混乱的ISP和GFW的屏蔽造成的,但我仍希望微软能有所作为,与政府协商,将国际版账户服务器移至大陆,而不是由世纪互联运营,具体原因(我的观点)如下:1.域名过长,对国内不熟悉英语的用户是一个困扰,而且知名度不够。
    2.与国际版账户不互通,无法在国际版界面上登录,国际版也无法在世纪互联登陆以增快访问速度。
    3.终结点不同。国际版与中国版Microsoft Graph终结点不同,不便开发,需额外开发新版本,有些软件使用国际版接口,中国版无法登陆。造成了那些已知问题
    (无法激活Office桌面版,无法连接Onedrive......)然而,微软与政府的协商貌似很久没有进展了,这不免令人沮丧,希望微软有所实质行动。

I read the documentation, probably there are the following methods:
    1.VPN
    2.PSTN
    3. Use the software version of Word, Powerpoint...

However, as an individual user, it is impossible for me to set up a VPN, and my subscription does not include the audio and video conference required by PSTN. As for the third option...I sometimes have to download and upload from Onedrive, but it will still be blocked by GFW.
    Therefore, I hope Microsoft can provide us (subscribers) with a high-speed private virtual network (VPN) to…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR

I would strongly request you to publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR, because this is the final information we can get at the moment and we don’t have any more resources about further actions for the incident.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft Stream - add 'report' / 'flag' option for inappropriate content and comments

It would be very helpful if all users have the option (a button) to flag or report any inappropriate videos or comments to administration, like in Youtube.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base