Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow controlling show /hide the [Feedback] button freely in Office 365 services

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 サービスの各機能において、[フィードバック] 機能の表示 / 非表示機能の実装を希望します。

Allow controlling show /hide the [Feedback] button freely in Office 365 services

■Description(内容):
    不用意なフィードバックの送信を制御するため、Office 365 ホーム、Outlook Web Access、SharePoint Online、Yammer などの各機能での [フィードバック] ボタンまたはリンクについて、表示 / 非表示を制御する機能の実装を希望します。

In order to prevent sending feedbacks by accident, I hope the feature will be added that allows us to switch show/hide the [Feedback] button in Office 365 services such as Office 365 portal, Outlook Web Access, SharePoint Online and Yammer.

Thank you for your consideration.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow OneDrive for business to connect to multiple Office 365 tenants.

I work in a large corporate which has its own Office 365 tenant. My business unit has its own Office 365 tenant for data sovereignty reasons.

Using Business to Business (B2B) I can configure the @corporate.com users to access SharePoint which is great. (Requires Azure Premium to do this via conditional access) Currently MIcrosoft doesn't support the @corporate.com account connecting to SharePoint on the @businessunit.com tenant using OneDrive. We know the connection is possible as it works with SharePoint through the browser.

I would like Microsoft to allow OneDrive for Business to be able to comnnect to multiple tenants.

I…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email notifications of Office 365 Service Health Incidents in GCC High

Hello,

I realize that email notifications sent to admins when there is a Service Health notification was only just recently completed toward the end of CY19, but this feature is needed in GCC and GCC High as well. Admins cannot be expected to constantly check the Service Health dashboard to see if there are any new incidents or outages.

For a recent incident, our admins were informed of the incident by an increase in end users reporting issues. It would have been helpful for the admins to be aware that there was an incident going on ahead of time.

Related…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In PowerApps add an Undo button to the text formatting ribbon on a rich text field when editing

Users have requested an Undo button while editing a PowerApps form rich text field. This functionality was available in InfoPath rich text fields and was useful.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit Yammer #joined Message-Template

Yammer admins should be able to edit #joined message-templates.

The current template is kind of bad.
    "has #joined the conet.de network. Take a moment to welcome Lastname,."

At least it should be the complete name instead of "lastname, ."

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VBA capability to automate Microsoft edge

Currently there's no solution to automate tasks in Microsoft edge with VBA. Having a "reference" option within VBA to automate Microsoft edge would be well received. (No selenium driver does not work).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Control icons that are displayed in the Office 365 portal

The icons displayed at portal.office.com do not always work. In particular, the OWA icon fails with an error if OWA is disabled on premise and the user's mailbox is not in the cloud or if OWA has been disabled in the cloud. Need to remove the OWA icon in such cases.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [OUTLOOK] Add "FROM" field to Quick Step reply

In Outlook, there is currently no option to change the "From" field for a reply when creating a "Quick Step".
    The only way to do this currently is to actually create the Reply e-mail, and then manually change it every single time in the e-mail window.

As someone who sends hundreds of e-mails "On Behalf Of" a generalized help desk e-mail address this would be a great quality of life feature.
    Currently I have to manually click the From field for every single email. It gets quite tedious. I have looked online and seen the possibility of creating a macro+template…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow activation of SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure on Modern SharePoint site

There are some features we want to enable on a modern site but it requires SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure to be activated.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please include details of any issues you may see after running Microsoft Support / Recovery Assistant. Microsoft サポート/回復アシスタントを実行後に表示さ

When running the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant Tool (Sara), the problematic libraries and folders are not identified, so it takes time to identify the problem. I would like to make improvements so that you can get clear information on which item is the problem.

Microsoft サポート / 回復アシスタント ツール (Sara) を実行した際に、問題が発生しているライブラリーやフォルダーの特定がされないため、問題の特定に時間がかかる。
    どのアイテムでの問題なのか、明確な情報が取得できるような改善を希望します。

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. move outlook search bar back down from top

the search bar in outlook was moved from near the messages to far away at the top. move it back down to a useful place and not the very top of the screen where i never am.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR

I would strongly request you to publish the progress on the Next Steps in PIR, because this is the final information we can get at the moment and we don’t have any more resources about further actions for the incident.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I like O365 online very much but I’m definitely missing native Linux versions.

Online is fine, but a really desktop application is some completely different. I miss the Linux versions.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Office Web Add-ins does not work when editing a response on OWA

Office Web Add-ins does not work when selecting the option "Edit the response before sending." The Add-ins are not present in the body of the email.

For example, My Templates addin.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users to export Sharepoint Wiki pages as word documents or PDF.

OtherMost enterprise Wikis (like Atlassian Confluence) allow you to simply export your wiki page or pages as PDF/Word Documents. This would be a very useful addition to sharepoint wikis.

Managing official documentation/processes/procedures/plans in word documents and attaching those word documents to a sharepoint site is a much more cumbersome process than simply making the wiki page the documentation. The information becomes much more accessible and you avoid having multiple versions of documents floating around as email attachments or on file shares etc...

Our adoption of sharepoint wiki for this purpose is being limited by our inability to export documents to…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Public folder calendar color category does not work when sharing

Public folder calendar color category does not work when sharing the public folder calendar with another users and the color category does not sync with OWA as well

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for screen pop to a URL based on caller id (for CRM search based on phone number)

Allow users to add a url that will pop up in a separate (or imbedded) window (browser), that allows for the addition of the caller ID from an inbound (or outbound) caller. Example: https://www.bing.com/search=(Caller ID) or https://www,MyCRM.com/Universal_Search=(Caller ID) OR (Caller Name)
    This would then open the URL in Edge or Chrome, etc. allowing the user to search for information based on the Caller ID (eg. WhitePages.com)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Teams WhoBot is nice, but could be so much more useful. I'd like to see it query the Delve profile

The Teams WhoBot (Who) has a lot of potential. As it is today, it seems to use data posted to Teams for the "Who knows about..." function. The problem we have on the IT Support side of things are the people who post a lot about "SQL performance" are asking questions (and racking up the post count), and not subject matter experts. The experts rarely reply with "I know about SQL performance", and WhoBot really doesn't know who the experts are.
    We've also started exploring if we can leverage Delve's Profile - expertise, education (i.e. certificates), hobbies, skills, and projects.…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. About implement a feature which can set the link in “copy link”

*English follows Japanese

[リンクのコピー] の リンク設定を設定する機能を追加してほしい
    [リンクのコピー] をクリックした際に表示されるリンクの設定 ([すべてのユーザー] 、[テナントのユーザー] 、[既存アクセス権をもつユーザー] 、[特定のユーザー] ) の既定値を選択可能な機能を追加してほしい。

※ フルコントロールの権限者でも [アクセス許可を既に持っているユーザーのみこのリンクを使用できます。] が既定で表示されるなど

I want to add a feature that allows me to select the default values for the links that appear when I click “copy link” (all users, tenant users, users with existing access rights, and specific users).
    Like even on the page of users who have full control permissions, it can also be displayed “Only users who already have permissions can use this link.” by default.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base