Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I like O365 online very much but I’m definitely missing native Linux versions.

Online is fine, but a really desktop application is some completely different. I miss the Linux versions.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [OUTLOOK] Add "FROM" field to Quick Step reply

In Outlook, there is currently no option to change the "From" field for a reply when creating a "Quick Step".
    The only way to do this currently is to actually create the Reply e-mail, and then manually change it every single time in the e-mail window.

As someone who sends hundreds of e-mails "On Behalf Of" a generalized help desk e-mail address this would be a great quality of life feature.
    Currently I have to manually click the From field for every single email. It gets quite tedious. I have looked online and seen the possibility of creating a macro+template…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Teams chat. Please improve the exteranal chat communication

Teams chat. Please improve the external chat communication.

When an internal user wants to CHAT (using the chat tab) with someone externally to his organization what happens is:

- If this external user has already Teams you can speak with him directly.
    - If he doesn't. The internal user receives a message like this "We are unable to set up the conversation because the contact you entered wasn't found. Chat not available". So the internal user has to invite this user as a guest using "Teams" tab and once the user is federated and categorized as a Guest user you…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Office online needs configurable settings to open files as view or edit mode by default.

After a recent change by Microsoft now all files open online in edit mode by default.

We need an option to set the default behavior of files and how they open in edit or read only by default.

I do not appreciate the fact that Microsoft seems to have rolled out the change to open files in edit mode by default without a configurable setting for admins or otherwise. There was no obvious communication from Microsoft on this topic either (at least that I've been able to find).

There are a few other ideas already posted in other categories pertaining…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Admin limitations in Streams

1) Admin report for checking number of videos uploaded in a specific group and uploaded size of the videos.
    2) Report for number of videos uploaded in the organization and memory size utilized in Streams.
    3) How to check size of call recording in Streams through Teams.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow making amendments to appointments without sending notifications

Sometimes I'd like to be just able to make small amendments in the Outlook calendar appointment, such as fixing spelling mistakes and such, and I'd rather not have to send email to all attendees every single time I make such changes in the calendar. There used to be an option in Outlook 2007 to "save" appointment without sending messages, but it seems that it disappeared in the later versions? Would be great to have it back!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Creating a gantt chart for Outlook tasks

Outlook is our main tool when it comes to keeping track on tasks and to share tasks in our team. But it would be even more great (and less time-consuming) if we could create a gantt chart in order to get an better overview of tasks, deadlines etc.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Start providing UserId for all the Audit activities

Background - UserID appearing as Unknown in Management Activity API Initial Response

We are seeing records with user ID as "Unknown" (sample event below). This is causing our detection algorithms to go haywire. Per schema, this field is supposed to be under Common Schema ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-365-management-api/office-365-management-activity-api-schema#common-schema ) and guaranteed to appear for all records of Management Activity API.

From the instances in the audits where this occurs, it’s more that the information is not presented by the client since the client request in these is actually anonymous. It is seen in backend logs that there is a pattern where the…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calculate time required to read emails

It would be helpful for email to calculate the time required time to read them and offer this on the UI of Outlook on the Web and Desktop too.

The same way as its done by different blog engines on the web.

I'd expect a "3 minutes to read" text as a yellow banner or something.

Probably this would integrate nicely with MyAnalytics.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Microsoft Teams give a list of attendee's, not people invited.

Skype was integrated with One Note and you could save a list of attendee's. Why doesn't Teams record the list of attendee's for the meeting originator?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include a return path in Out of Office answers, else the DKIM / DMARC check fails

There might be a legit reason for not having a return path, mail loops or whatever that I'm not aware of.. What I discovered was that we got a lot of DMARC failures and it was legit mail about "I'm out of office" the email DKIM check failed due to the missing return path, if that could be added I would not have the "dmarc failure spam" about our legit emails.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Outlook Customer Manager App for Android

Needing app for Android devices to be functional with my desktop solution.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Button in desktop applications to open file in web application

I came across an interesting case earlier. I have the full Office 365 ProPlus installation on my computer, but the people I am collaborating with only have access to the web application. I wanted to make sure what I was working on didn't contain any features that were not supported in the web application. I noticed that from the desktop apps, there is no button to quickly open a file in the web application and selecting the "open file location" button simply opened my OneDrive sync folder. It would be helpful to me and to others to have a one…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Microsoft Stream - video feedback functionality

a feedback functionality where we can design simple survey questions so users can rate videos in different categories (on top of 'like'), e.g. training effectiveness, video length / medium / quality, etc. It would be enough to have a star or numbers rating. In addition, it would be great to be able to pull this as a metric to find the best video per category.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Azure Functions as part of Office 365 suite

Azure functions are better companions for implementing Sharepoint Webhooks. But as of now Azure Functions are part of Azure subscription only and users have to pay separately for them apart from Office 365 subscription.

It would be better if Azure Functions are offered part of Office 365 suite as well to let the users adopt them even more

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove "top results" from outlook.live email. Years of complaints and no response

Why after several years do you continue to list top results. They are never the top results. Users have complained for years yet someone at microsoft thinks it should remain while giving the comment to leave feedback because you are driven by customer/user feedback. Give us the option to remove it.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exchange Online - Block basic auth when MFA is enforce but user has no app passwords

Block basic auth when MFA is enforce but user has no app passwords:

Currently if you have an MFA enforced user (on the user level) - and the user has an app password - the basic auth call is blocked before it gets sent to the federated realm provider (ADFS, etc).

However, if the user is MFA enforced but has NO app passwords - the auth call is forwarded to the federated realm provider - which even if a token is granted the authentication fails (because basic auth cannot perform MFA).

In the second scenario, brute-force attempts can cause extranet…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Team names accepting only 8 characters

While creating a team from teams admin center, it only accepts up-to 8 characters, however when we try to create the same from Teams application or an office 365 group it accepts the complete name.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft Teams forward calls to Call Queue or a Distribution Group

Provide the ability for users to forward a call to a Call Queue or a Distribution Group within Microsoft Teams. Also the ability to choose 10-second forward instead of only 20-second. Would even help if an admin can create a Call Group in the admin center and have users add that instead of having to add to the call group in teams individually for each user.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Audit log reliability concern: Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user

Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user. Please have this fixed as this causes confusion to users. The values indicate "ResultStatus":"Succeeded" and "LogonError":"UserAccountNotFound. The values it suggests is misleading.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base