Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Microsoft Stream: transcript to other languages, as portuguese (PT-PT and PT-BR)

Today is only possible transcript a video to English and Spanish. It should be possible transcript to other languages as well. If Microsoft has Azure translation services that already translate content to a lot of laguages, I don't understand why is not available in the transcription service of Microsoft Stream yet.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating a gantt chart for Outlook tasks

Outlook is our main tool when it comes to keeping track on tasks and to share tasks in our team. But it would be even more great (and less time-consuming) if we could create a gantt chart in order to get an better overview of tasks, deadlines etc.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Start providing UserId for all the Audit activities

Background - UserID appearing as Unknown in Management Activity API Initial Response

We are seeing records with user ID as "Unknown" (sample event below). This is causing our detection algorithms to go haywire. Per schema, this field is supposed to be under Common Schema ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-365-management-api/office-365-management-activity-api-schema#common-schema ) and guaranteed to appear for all records of Management Activity API.

From the instances in the audits where this occurs, it’s more that the information is not presented by the client since the client request in these is actually anonymous. It is seen in backend logs that there is a pattern where the…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add support for putting images in a signature in the Outlook mobile app

The company I work for has required that everyone in the company add a picture to their email signature. All of our external sales representatives currently use the Outlook client for their email, but due to this new requirement will not be able to anymore until this is allowed.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include a return path in Out of Office answers, else the DKIM / DMARC check fails

There might be a legit reason for not having a return path, mail loops or whatever that I'm not aware of.. What I discovered was that we got a lot of DMARC failures and it was legit mail about "I'm out of office" the email DKIM check failed due to the missing return path, if that could be added I would not have the "dmarc failure spam" about our legit emails.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Windows Explorer cannot make a lock icon for ptrotected AIP Office files

If you make a protected files with AzureInformation Protection (AIP), in Windows Explorer you see a lock icon for a lot of file extension (example; TXT or Jpeg files) but not for Microsoft files (example: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
    Can I have the same experience for all files (we spoke here for security and I can see in the blink of an eye; what is protected in a folder)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. outlook 2016 should have the option to export and import outlook macros and should be able to include Customized fields in the contacts

Outlook 2016 should have the option to export and iport outlook macros and should also be able to include Customized fields in the contacts
    When you create customized fields in an excel file it should allow us to import it exactly the same way in outlook 2016

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduced Functionality Mode

オフラインの状態が 30 日間続くと機能制限モードに移行する動作をすると認識しているが、長期の出張で海外など、インターネット環境をどうしても確立することができない場所に行く必要になった際に、機能制限モードになる旨の警告が毎日表示されたり、実際に日数が来て機能制限モードになってしまった。

オフラインでの利用を想定していないのはわかるが、法人利用を想定された製品である以上、インターネット環境が確立できない状況で運用しなければならないケースにも柔軟に対応できるようにしてほしい。
    サブスクリプションの有効期限内であればオフラインでも利用できるようにする機能や、機能制限モードに移行する期間を延長させる機能などを追加してほしい。

また、Microsoft のサポートに連絡したところ、ライセンスの再認証の手順を案内されたが、ライセンス再認証をするコマンドはユーザーの端末にて実施する必要があり、ユーザーが操作する作業としては少し手順が複雑である。
    ライセンスの再認証の操作を管理者側で操作する機能も併せて追加をしていただきたい。

When you need to go to a place where you can not establish the Internet environment such as overseas due to long-term business trip etc, I think that it will do 30 day and 30 days in offline state, A warning to the restricted mode is displayed everyday, or the number of days actually arrived and it became the function limit mode.

I understand that it is not supposed to use offline, but since it is a product assumed for corporate use, I want you to be able to respond flexibly to…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Microsoft Intune client apps installation order

Possibility to set installation order/priority to any client app in Intune (Store app, MSI, Win32, Weblink, etc.)

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Teams chat. Please improve the exteranal chat communication

Teams chat. Please improve the external chat communication.

When an internal user wants to CHAT (using the chat tab) with someone externally to his organization what happens is:

- If this external user has already Teams you can speak with him directly.
    - If he doesn't. The internal user receives a message like this "We are unable to set up the conversation because the contact you entered wasn't found. Chat not available". So the internal user has to invite this user as a guest using "Teams" tab and once the user is federated and categorized as a Guest user you…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add clipart library

Please add back the ability to use clipart in Word documents.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. To disable microsoft teams chat

To have the possibility to enable or disable the Microsoft teams chat. In other words, turn off/on the chat whenever the team administrator wants.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Stream - add 'report' / 'flag' option for inappropriate content and comments

It would be very helpful if all users have the option (a button) to flag or report any inappropriate videos or comments to administration, like in Youtube.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable force click funcitonality in office 365 for mac that opens smarlookup

Please allow users to enable force click in Office 365... especially for Word for Mac so when a word is force clicked, smart lookup opens. When conducting medical research (or any type of research), this would be a game-changing functionality given the near infinite amount of technical terminology.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feature that doesn’t recognize embedded images in the email body as attachments

We are having an issue that embedded image files in the email body in Rich Text or HTML format are recognized as attachments and the transport rule is triggered under the condition on existence of attachments. So, we would like to ask for a feature that doesn’t recognize embedded image files in the email body as attachments.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please Please Please create Microsoft office 365 for Linux

Linux is only lacking one thing. Microsoft Office. I understand that having Linux with Microsoft office suit would possibly lower the amount of people using Windows. But the with the amount of people that use Linux in universities and businesses, this would be a cash flow for Microsoft. People are already on Linux would jump to have Microsoft's office suit on Linux, I have talked to many people that would love to have this software on Linux.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. outlook rule begins with

Outlook Inbox Rules - Need to offer option of "BEGINS WITH THESE WORDS". (starts with) The "includes these words" is more broad than some situations require.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a Teams connector for Workplace by Facebook

Facebook has a connector for Teams but it's for the consumer version of Facebook. It makes more sense to have a Workplace by Facebook connector. Please work with Facebook to add this solution.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Outlook calendar to change default meeting time to 45 or 50 minutes

To get a more effective meeting culture, it would have been nice if you could change default meeting time in Outlook calendar. Today it is only predefined time (5 min 6 min, 10 min, 15, min 30 min, and 60 min). This should be a setting you can put yourself.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unable to submit support tickets from the new Microsoft 365 admin center (Preview)

Environment: Windows 10, Edge

I am unable to submit support tickets from Microsoft 365 admin center in preview.

There is a query text box shown by clicking Support > New service request and I can type the query in it, but I can’t click Contact support.

I checked with InPrivate browser and confirmed that the same issue happens.
    Since the same admin account can submit support ticked if preview is off, I would like you to enable the functionality in preview as well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base