Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make Add-Ins unavailable when they are not deployed by the Admin

We have a requirement that Office AddIns should not be accessible for the user unless it is "trusted" by our Enterprise for data Regulation reasons. The O365 Admin Center offers such a Feature, see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-deployment-of-office-365-add-ins-in-the-office-365-admin-center-737e8c86-be63-44d7-bf02-492fa7cd9c3f.

But we have following behaviour: If you block access to the Addin Stors with the "Let People in your organization go to the Office Store" Setting and deploy certain apps, the whole store is accessible again to the user. The User is also able to download addins that have not been deployed by the admin, but he is unable to use it. This is…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check all files permission when a folder is deleted !

In a SharePoint document library, in Office 365, a user can delete a folder if he has the collaborate rules in it. So it's, but if there is one more files int it without permission for this user, this one can delete the folder and all files ares saved in it.
    It's necessary to prevent massive deletion and human error, to inform or block the user, when he delete a folder which contain files with no permission for he.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow locked files and track changes in the collaboration features of Word Online.

We use templates to standardize our deliverables to clients. To do this, we lock the available styles and force track changes by protecting the file with a password. Unfortunately, this is not supported in Word Online. The online collaboration tools work very well, but really should support collaboration with these types of simple constraints. I get it if you exclude this from a lesser license, but if you are paying for the desktop licenses (ex. E5), you should not have limitations with the online product.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Azure Active Directory admin center: Allow sorting report columns by date/ip/etc

The Azure Active Directory admin center has useful reports in the "Risky Sign-ins" category, such as "Sign-ins from unfamiliar locations". However, it is sorted by last name,and last name only. One cannot easily correlate data *and* resolve items or mark them as false positives if the columns cannot be sorted by IP, date, or location.
    While one can download the report and open it with Excel, and then sort columns, it doesn't make the chore of resolving the items any easier.
    "Sign-ins from unfamiliar locations" is but one of these reports that can't be sorted. Other ones are "Impossible travel…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable full (Locally Installed) 'Document Property Fields' functionality in Word Online

Currently in Word Online 'Document Property Fields' are very limited:
    - Document property fields are not being populated from the connected SharePoint column.
    EXCEPTIONS:
    # If document is open in Word 2016 and saved, then Word Online will show updated fields
    # Fields can be viewed in 'Reading Mode' but once switched back to 'Edit', the fields will display as empty again.
    # Document Property Fields that are inside 'Shapes' get updated all the time like they should

- Existing Document Property Fields, cannot be DELETED or EDITED from the document while in Word Online

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upload files into folders in teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. app launcher menu

Allow users to unpin any app from the App Launcher menu. Currently the Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, and Yammer apps are permanently pinned to the launcher, and many of our internal users would prefer to remove the apps they don't typically use to make more room for the apps they do use to appear, as well as de-clutter this menu of items that individuals do not find useful in their daily work.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable UK users to use date format dd/mm/yyyy in one drive and excel online.

Hi,

Can you please enable UK users to use date format DD/MM/YYYY as standard in Office 365 (especially Excel and Onedrive). I thought O365 will provide an excellent solution to our collaboration and file storage needs, but I have now had to delay/ put on hold deployment after discovering that dates automatically default to US format mm/dd/yyyy. I am aware that it is possible to display dates which are inputted in US format in the UK format, but these dates need to be inputted in US format. That does not come naturally to the team and and causes issues with…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Office online needs configurable settings to open files as view or edit mode by default.

After a recent change by Microsoft now all files open online in edit mode by default.

We need an option to set the default behavior of files and how they open in edit or read only by default.

I do not appreciate the fact that Microsoft seems to have rolled out the change to open files in edit mode by default without a configurable setting for admins or otherwise. There was no obvious communication from Microsoft on this topic either (at least that I've been able to find).

There are a few other ideas already posted in other categories pertaining…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I like O365 online very much but I’m definitely missing native Linux versions.

Online is fine, but a really desktop application is some completely different. I miss the Linux versions.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [OUTLOOK] Add "FROM" field to Quick Step reply

In Outlook, there is currently no option to change the "From" field for a reply when creating a "Quick Step".
    The only way to do this currently is to actually create the Reply e-mail, and then manually change it every single time in the e-mail window.

As someone who sends hundreds of e-mails "On Behalf Of" a generalized help desk e-mail address this would be a great quality of life feature.
    Currently I have to manually click the From field for every single email. It gets quite tedious. I have looked online and seen the possibility of creating a macro+template…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Button in desktop applications to open file in web application

I came across an interesting case earlier. I have the full Office 365 ProPlus installation on my computer, but the people I am collaborating with only have access to the web application. I wanted to make sure what I was working on didn't contain any features that were not supported in the web application. I noticed that from the desktop apps, there is no button to quickly open a file in the web application and selecting the "open file location" button simply opened my OneDrive sync folder. It would be helpful to me and to others to have a one…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Microsoft Teams give a list of attendee's, not people invited.

Skype was integrated with One Note and you could save a list of attendee's. Why doesn't Teams record the list of attendee's for the meeting originator?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft Stream - video feedback functionality

a feedback functionality where we can design simple survey questions so users can rate videos in different categories (on top of 'like'), e.g. training effectiveness, video length / medium / quality, etc. It would be enough to have a star or numbers rating. In addition, it would be great to be able to pull this as a metric to find the best video per category.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Zoom connector to Microsoft Flow

As Microsoft is planning to deprecate Skype for Business in coming year, can Zoom Connector be added to the supported list of connectors for Microsoft Flow ?

Our company is encouraging Zoom usage & we would like to use the same with MS flow.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Team names accepting only 8 characters

While creating a team from teams admin center, it only accepts up-to 8 characters, however when we try to create the same from Teams application or an office 365 group it accepts the complete name.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Azure Functions as part of Office 365 suite

Azure functions are better companions for implementing Sharepoint Webhooks. But as of now Azure Functions are part of Azure subscription only and users have to pay separately for them apart from Office 365 subscription.

It would be better if Azure Functions are offered part of Office 365 suite as well to let the users adopt them even more

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Audit log reliability concern: Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user

Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user. Please have this fixed as this causes confusion to users. The values indicate "ResultStatus":"Succeeded" and "LogonError":"UserAccountNotFound. The values it suggests is misleading.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. delete all yammer post

Requesting the ability to delete all yammer post as a yammer administrator

18 votes
    Vote