Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement on Calendar to accomodate Evening/Night Work Hours which starts at first day and ends on next day as per clock hours.

Problem statement
    Currently for instance if the Work hours is updated for Start Time as 05:30 PM and the End time is updated as 02:30 AM, an error pops up : The end date you entered occurs before the start date

Possible solution
    1) There should be no restriction at all for what is being updated in Start/End Time. OR
    2) Split the Work Hours in such a way that End Time ends at 11.59:59 and the next day Start time starts at 12:00:00.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opening a file within an office 325 application

Opening a file within an application is ok. Cannot be found if I move it. Office application could get from FAT where the file is now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Microsoft Stream On A 'microsoft.com' Subdomain

As at Nov 2019, the Microsoft Stream (enterprise video platform) application is served from web.microsoftstream.com. This is inconsistent with most other Microsoft enterprise applications such as outlook.microsoft.com, teams.microsoft.com etc

My users are used to finding Office 365 services intuitively - they only have to remember 'teams' when they want to access Microsoft Teams, for example. Yes, they could go to portal.office.com but, trust me, they don't, nor do they bookmark web.microsoftstream.com. Make it easy for them to access valuable Microsoft services!

I suggest that you move web.microsoftstream.com to stream.microsoft.com.

You're currently only using stream.microsoft.com to springboard to products.office.com so it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Respond to feedback

Microsoft has responded to only a handful of the currently active suggestions. There are a number of requests that have existed for years and garnered thousands of votes, but have yet to receive any comment or action from Microsoft. Some of the ignored suggestions seem like no-brainers from a roadmap strategy standpoint, which makes Microsoft's radio silence all the more frustrating. If users are going to put in the time and effort to create, contribute to, and support UserVoice suggestions, Microsoft should put in more of an effort to respond to their community.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. GroupMe

My comment: It bothers me that I cannot message my daughter, who has an ipod, with this app. I can message the rest of the family because they have phone numbers, but not the little one. I have to message her through facebook messenger or Instagram messenger. Which makes me heavily consider switching our way of messaging to the apps that can accommodate all of us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why is Yahoo Mail not showing my emails?

Are you facing trouble with Yahoo mail not receiving email issues, so don't stress. Today we are talking about how to fix not receiving emails in Yahoo accounts. Follow these ways:

1. Yahoo account is not set up properly.

2. Check IMAP and pop settings.

3. Yahoo mail filers block incoming mail.

4. Server-related problems.

For more help - https://getassist.net/yahoo-mail-not-receiving-emails-how-to-fix/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. medical terminology

a more comprehensive medical dictionary for Word would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug found! When creating and adding a site page in SharePoint, the left menu "Pages" disappears.

1. Go to SharePoint team site > Page library

2. Add a Site Page and then add it to the left navigation using the built-in page promotion feature

3. The Pages link in the left navigation disappears.

4. Open the Site Pages library and click Library settings

5. Click List name, description and navigation

6. Click Display this document library on the Quick Launch = Yes

7. The Pages link is still missing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BLEACH

BLEACH Best shot is here : http://mondoagram.com/6Mt3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. powerpoint spell check

Spell check is not working properly in PowerPoint version 16.40 for Mac. I tested it with multiple nonsense words after noticing that several misspelled words in my presentation were not underlined in red. I contacted support and they tried to help me but in the end they said the software needs to be updated by the software engineers because it appeared I had everything set correctly in the settings and preferences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. send help so I am able to preview a powerpoint file

I am very frustrated and need to be able to preview files regardless of what they are - word, excel or powerpoint. Is someone able to tell me how to do this. I always could before but now I have 365

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Los buzones compartidos deberían de recibir notificaciones cuando llega un correo

A los usuarios que administran buzones compartidos no les llegan las notificaciones de correo nuevo. Esta característica debería estar disponible ya que es engorroso tener que bajar por el panel para ver si te han llegado mensajes a la bandeja de dichos buzones

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Planner

To go back to Favorites and Other Plans, that was an easy way to split your PLANS by type e.g.
    - My Plans inside the office= Favorites
    - My Plans outside the office= Other Plans (Alphabetically assorted)
    Having Alphabetically assorted plans on your left dashboard allowed you to go through the all plans with 1 Click, now I have to do 3 clicks to go plan by plan, since you have to go to PlanHub everytime you want to go to the next plan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Categorize

Adding the categorize option , even with IMPA account. The gatogorize option is crutial, and differs outlook from other email solutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix Blog template for Norwegian (Bokmål) so that Date and time works in listing

Fix Blog template for Norwegian (Bokmål) so that Date and time works in listing. It shows 1899 and 31/12 on all listings. Changing to Norwegian Nynorsk fixes the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A video description between the classic Outlook.com and Outlook.com Beta

Nowadays, old consumers are hesitant or doubtful when it comes to constant or sudden changes. One big example is the recent changes that were done for Outlook.com Beta. Though we are aware of the positive aspects that Beta can provide, consumers are still hesitant to use it since they're used to the old interface already. I personally use Beta and I find it much easier to use and the functions are more concrete and distinct. I can't compare my way of understanding to most of Microsoft's clients and consumers. I saw from various support pages and heard some reaction from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add feature to Label fields of a view to show field names different from what set in a Sharepoint List

When a field name in a list needs to be changed, so that - e.g. - the description becomes clearer for users to understand, we actually need to change the field name itself, as there is no possibility to "label" a field in a view, so that it APPEARS with a name, while it's "physical name" is different. This poses a major issue, because changing the field name impacts any feature connected to it (Powerapps, exports to other application's, connected MS-Access databases, ...).
    Can we add this basic feature, please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Distinguish between 2 copies of Office on the "Choose your Office" page when installing

Please distinguish between 2 copies of the same version of Office on the "Choose your Office" page, when installing a new version. I can't tell which is the one I just bought, and which is already installed on my other computer, so I had to guess. Adding the purchase date would help. I worried I'd accidentally install the version that was already installed on my other computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow customers to assign a mass sending mailbox or allow customer to modify (on a case by case basis) there user restriction limitation

The idea is if you have a mailbox that is used as a service account for emailing, we should be able to choose if that mailbox is under the user restriction policy.

The example is, we have a service mailbox that emails all our alarms to our ticketing system which gets blocked if a disaster hits. This means a min of an hours downtime to get this service back online.

The other option is to give us a platform that can perform this service in the cloud or make it much more obvious that there is a restriction as this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base