Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Certificate based Authentication for endpoint PC's

With Modern Auth enabled and using a third party provider, my users shouldn't have to log in every time their password changes.Transparent certificate based auth exists for mobile phones not using the outlook app, but everything else requires some sort of authentication.

It gets more frustrating when its every single application that prompts for new credentials, not just 1 app and pass those creds to the others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improvement of the syntheses of the document and storage

Dear Microsoft Inc,

I suggest these instructions for your products:

1°. A complete page for the document in order to give information (abstract, concepts, topical theme) for explaining the content of Excel, Word, Power Point document. This page shoud be read outside the environment of the document, for example, when one clicks the name of the archive.

2°. When one cuts a paragraph (or number) to have three sequential storage data, in order to select from the three memories one of them.

Best regards,

Dr. Javier Alejandro Díaz Ponce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Issue where the user mutes the session owner in Microsoft Teams Live session. Options for restricting User powers should be provided for t

When we open a live session as a school, the student mutes the teacher and sabotages the lesson. He throws another friend out of the session. In order to prevent such situations, user privileges should be given options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am writing to give feedback on the changes made to Outlook. Since the topic has been moved to display above the name of the sender I have

I am writing to give feedback on the changes made to Outlook. Since the topic has been moved to display above the name of the sender I have missed a lot of vital information and others have missed information that I have sent to them. For work we tend to put the key information in the subject box. Can you please pass this to your developers?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Style options in Chromebook

I want to be able to edit the size of the balloon text in Styles and I cannot on my Chromebook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How to fix the issue of unable to send email from AOL email?

Emails are used by people of all age groups, but at times there occur problems in sending emails. This is the commonly encountered hassle but can be fixed by general troubleshooting. Users can contact AOL Email customer support for better information. Or try these –
    1. Check the internet connection on your device
    2. Make sure you are sending email without any errors
    3. Ensure the email address of the receiver is rightly added
    In the same way, problems related to other emails like ATT, XFINITY, and Verizon can be fixed.
    Read More: http://www.email-loginhelp.com/at&t-email-login.php

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a "Map" button in Teams to create a mapping in Windows File Explorer vs requiring the use of the "Sync" option

Hi, we are starting down the path of moving files and folders into our Teams/SharePoint infrastructure. The "Sync" feature is nice, however we are interested in also having just a "Map" button in the Files tab of a respective channel, such that the mapping will appear in Windows File Explorer for use when the workstation is online (with no need to access the files while offline). It seems like this could avoid some confusion and also save disk space on workstations. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Move and Copy options for files in web part library view

Please provide the full menu options from the Document Library in the web part view of the library. It would be better to have all options available within the windows, making it operate just like the Documents view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ToDo: Add hyperlink field

With the rise of OneNote and hyperlinks galore in SharePoint isn't it time ToDo be given this functionality. A hyperlink field in a ToDo task would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add feature in Office 365 Word so can have different headers and footers on the same page

I am formatting a book manuscript. Word 2016 allows one to enter a different header and footer on the same page. Office 365 does not, according to one of your Chat experts. It would be very helpful to authors who use Word to create/format their own books to have the same function in Office 365. Seems a very simple thing to do, considering book publishers have been able to do this with other software for generations! Thanks very much. EM: perry62550@hotmail.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create possibility for sertting default values for Out-Of-Office in Outlook and OWA

Create possibility for:
    changing the default choice "when you enabling auto-reply for outside My Organization" :From : All External senders To : My contacts Only.

Environmetns:
    - Outlook
    -OWA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. new outlook interface affects contact list when sending emails.

the GAL does not reflect on the new Outlook interface, while switching to the old interface, users are able to see all contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create an SAP connector for Flow and/or PowerApps

There is an untapped potential for automation with SAP and Flow/PowerApps. Given the recent announcement about MS and SAP, this seems like a natural progression.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How to Setup a Roku TV Account?

Well, if you are ready to sign up for a new Roku account, then you are required to open a web browser on your PC or mobile. In the URL bar, type my.Roku.com/signup and tap the enter key. You shall get redirected to the website and here’s where you have to enter all the data. After finishing all the fundamentals,you shall be inquired on what type of payment you prefer. Either use Credit card or the Paypal details to finish the process. In case of any queries with the Roku account setup, call the support team at +1-844-839-1180!
    For more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. improvement of the syntheses of the document and storage

Dear Microsoft Inc,

I suggest these instructions for your products:

1°. A complete page for the document in order to give information (abstract, concepts, topical theme) for explaining the content of Excel, Word, Power Point document. This page shoud be read outside the environment of the document, for example, when one clicks the name of the archive.

2°. When one cuts a paragraph (or number) to have three sequential storage data, in order to select from the three memories one of them.

Best regards,

Dr. Javier Alejandro Díaz Ponce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recall messages for external users are not working , this feature should be available to avoid mails sent by mistake by customer

Recall messages for external users are not working , this feature should be available to avoid mails sent by mistake by customer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cache settings for public folders.

I would be nice to have the possibility to set the cache for public folders, roomfolders etc in outlook. Not only for standalone mailboxes.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. provide integration between Teams Client or Skype for Personal Accounts

I would like to have integration between Teams client or Skype for personal accounts particularly for creating Meetings. During the current pandemic where people are at home more and kept away from their families it would have been great to be able to send a Teams or Skype meeting invite via email to friends/family.

I don't imagine this would be a big feature request and i understand it will be limited, I would have thought as paying for Office 365 and getting Skype benefits along with office products that this integration would have been part of it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ist es möglich für die Microsoft 365 E5 im speziellen für Telefonsystem und Einwahlplan eine Testlizenz für 6 Monate zu aktiven.

Ist es möglich für die Microsoft 365 E5 im speziellen für Telefonsystem und Einwahlplan eine Testlizenz für 6 Monate zu aktiven. Hntergrund für die Corona Zeit ist es hilfreich wenn die HomeOffice Arbeitsplätze über Teams an die eigene Telefonanlage angebunden werde könnte. Oder ein kleinere Lizenz zusätzlich mit den Diensten ausstatten.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow for more folders to be nested in SharePoint Online for use with Excel

If there are too many subfolders in a folder path to a Shared Documents spreadsheet, Excel will ask you to sign in with your Office 365 credentials. After logging in, you get the same log in prompt over and over again. The only way around it is to open files with long folder paths within File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base