Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert icon button in Publisher

Please make the insert icon button available in Publisher. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. All SMTP servers be available for DNS resolution

I run my own mail server. In order to fight spam I’ve configured it with DMARC, DKIM, SPF and FQDN lookup of SMTP servers upon receiving email.
    After troubleshooting people complaining not being able to send mail to me, I diagnosed the problem andvidentified root cause as some Office365 SMTP server does not have DNS records which means that mails are rejected because sending SMTP server cannot be verified.
    The problem is not present for all Office365 instances, but ai have identified it on at least 6 Office365 domains. This is a serious flaw In Office365 and might be the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow a reading configuration where the user has to double click the message to open in a separate window.

Please allow a reading pane configuration in Outlook.Com where the user must double click on the message to open it and it will open in a new window as it would in the Outlook desktop client. Basically a preview off configuration. The current reading pane off configuration does not functionally do the same thing because when you go into a message and then back out you are not brought back to the same place in the list, you are brought back to the top of the list. This is not helpful. It also works on a single-click which is not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To allow changing the URL of a sharepoint site created after the creation of a team in Teams

For some reason, the URL automatically created as a site after the creation of a team in Teams cannot be edited to change its name. It would be good to allow for that so that we can use intuitive URL names for the users. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In a business situation a SharePoint library would be able to contain more than 100000 items. for our company

It is a major limitation for our company. In a business situation there's a lot of data that should be in the same library, so split up libraries is not an solution. Please find a better way for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to index cells on Excel OnLine

Our customers need index Excel Cells between SpredSheets. Example: SpredSheed1 needs to word with a information that is located on SpredSheet2. On Excel installed on desktop, it words great, but there is not this functionality on OnLine Version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. International Email Policy or Mailflow Rule Needed

We operate under the premise that most emails coming from a foreign country are not of any value. A few are, so as the administrator I’d like them redirected to me. I had a Mailflow rule looking at the X-Forefront-Antispam-Report header, examining the country code, and if it was not from the USA or Canada, I redirected those emails to me. Most are truly spam, so I’d totally block them after that in another Mailflow rule. The rule that looks at the X-Forefront-Antispam-Report header no longer works. Apparently Microsoft has effectively disabled checking that header in a Mailflow rule, which…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My case number 10771613 that notes several failures of my Onedrive Application, where after an Microsoft update, I lose the synching funtion

Please see reference to my case number 10771613,
    This references multiple loses of my Onedrive app and synching functionality after a Microsoft update occurs. It takes an hour or more after each loss to update files.
    Is this an issue Microsoft is working on.
    this happens to two PCs in my office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recover recently deleted items does not work when there are calendar and other not email items present

I accidentally delete my inbox by accident tonight and ran into a lot of bugs in Outlook trying to recover my inbox from my deleted folder
    1) Sorting Delete Items folder by date/time deleted was a very hard and multiple step process --- it should be easy.
    2) Recovering recently moved/deleted items failed on me I think because I had some draft calendar appointments and other items that hung up the process and I almost LOST EVERYTHING but outlook didn't tell me why.
    3) When I instead tried to move the items by copy and paste or drag and drop…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Microsoft Teams Outlook Plugin for Mac

Develop a Microsoft Teams plugin for Mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auditing of Storage Quota setting (Manual/Automatic) in SharePoint Online

Please set up auditing of Storage Quota setting (Manual/Automatic) in SharePoint Online. Currently it's impossible to track who changed the setting from manual to automatic, which automatically changes storage quota for all sites to default 25 TB. In enterprise organization this can cause quite a mess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the modern OWA ("new Outlook") we have found that we cannot preview or download PDF attachments from messages in a Shared Mailbox.

In the modern OWA ("new Outlook") we have found that we cannot preview or download PDF attachments from messages in a Shared Mailbox. When trying to download the attachment in Chrome we get an error "You don't have permission to open this mailbox."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The search function in Outlook

The movement of the search bar in outlook mail system for the "app"/program up to the top of the browser window in the recent update is not at all intuitive and it is confusing. Please change it back

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NEW Search Bar

Need to be able to Copy & Paste in the NEW Search Bars. Also, how do I change my default Search location from Current Folder to All Mailboxes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Turn back on the ability to copy or move messages to a Shared Mailbox Folder

We used to be able to move a copy of an email from our inbox to a folder in a Shared Mailbox for purchasing archive purposes. This feature stopped working 1/19/18.

This was quite handy in our business and we want the feature back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Login MsOffice Account

Office My Account - if you are a existing user login office.com/myaccount, New user can create your office here. Once you account ready you can download and install MS Office in your device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug with Excel for Mac

I post this here because redirected here by MS support.
    Excel for MAC does not keep files (.xlsx, .xls) in its recent files list when files are accessed through Google Drive File Stream (GDFS).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. default notification

Outlook Mobile ignores when calendar appointments are set to no notification and instead uses a default of 15 minutes prior to meeting start. We use this on all day events so it wakes folks up just a few minutes before midnight. It should honor the setting of the appointment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base