Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share PowerApps with Office 365 Groups

Office 365 Groups (aka: "unified-groups") are becoming the "standard" share target in Office 365. You can share SharePoint content (files, list items, etc.) with an O365 Group. You can share Microsoft Stream content with an O365 Group. You can share a Flow with an O365 Group. You CANNOT, however, share a PowerApp with an O365 Group. This is a huge issue and greatly complicates our job of "selling" PowerApps as a solution.

For example, we've successfully convinced a LOT of our client groups that an O365 Group is a better solution than "just" a SharePoint site (most of these had…

293 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linux support

I will in the future use both Linux and Windows pc at work. The lack of real linuxsupport is a problem. Please support LInux in onedrive/sharepoint.
    Hopefully also a office 365 package for linux would help

4,855 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    334 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow different colors for Flow user options

When sending an email with options I would like to have the ability to have the buttons be a different color. This way a big red button could be red!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 356 business premium subscription

Include external phone use w/ your business premium subscription. I refuse to upgrade my subscription to pay for services I can get for free elsewhere. I will continue to use free services elsewhere until then.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add photo storage and sharing options for teams of people

I'd like to see a feature in office 365 for photo management, sharing and storage - similar to how Stream works. I'm working with a team of people who all use Office 365 for Education, sure we can upload and store and do basic sharing of photos at an individual level, but nothing is specifically tailored towards photo management and storage in a team based environment. It would be awesome to see features that could support shared group photo albums. My biggest ask as part of this would be a way to collect photos from non-O365 contributors. Perhaps like the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable skype "My Group" auto populated contacts and default status taggging feature

By default - Skype for Business automatically populates "My Group" with my peers and manager. It also tags all of these contacts for status change alerts.
    On the Admin side - there is no way to suppress this feature. Microsoft documentation says to disable the "AutoInitiateContacts" setting on the CSPresencePolicy - but this does not resolve the issue. PowerShell options for CsClientPolicies are limited and do not allow for the creation of CSClietnPolicyEntries.

Feature parody for on-premises Skype features like this are absolutely required. All new users are quickly becoming annoyed with these default features, which we are unable to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option to see a calendar in a month view on a home page in SharePoint.

Add an option to see a calendar in a month view on a home page in SharePoint, like the Classic version. Currently you can only show events and that doesn't work if the event is all day nor if the event is reoccurring.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Opening a file within an office 325 application

Opening a file within an application is ok. Cannot be found if I move it. Office application could get from FAT where the file is now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Out of Office reply based on Calendar events!

PLEASE be able to set out of office replies during the "new meeting" etc stage of using your calendar. This way I can not have to remember to set my OOF, but can set it for a particular event. For example, I am setting up my vacation dates for the rest of the year, and want to be able to simply set up my OOF reply while I put in the dates for my vaca time instead of doing it right before I leave!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CloudPBX VoiceMail alignment with Exchange Online Voicemail policy settings

Hi,

We would like to see a policy alignment between the Exchange Online Unified Messaging Policy and the CloudPBX Voicemail policy settings.

It seems that the Azure HostedVoiceMail is the preferred solution for CloudPBX but we lack some policy controls that we used to have with EXO UM. For example to control AllowMissedCallNotifications or to disable AllowVoiceMailPreview etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include a return path in Out of Office answers, else the DKIM / DMARC check fails

There might be a legit reason for not having a return path, mail loops or whatever that I'm not aware of.. What I discovered was that we got a lot of DMARC failures and it was legit mail about "I'm out of office" the email DKIM check failed due to the missing return path, if that could be added I would not have the "dmarc failure spam" about our legit emails.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A device for Suss Education's Web lessons.

We suggest that Microsoft Corp. develops and produce a device to distribute Suss Education's Web lessons at low price and high quality for the public in layman's terms. The description of the device: It will be readable and writable and a phone and has enough screen to watch the Web lessons. Its operating system is Windows based. The price will be very low and sold to the public at very low margin. It will be sold by Suss Education via its website: www.suss.education worldwide. We will begin in Africa to market the device. Its name could be Suss Education's Web…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook Syncing

It's a great feature that you have Outlook 365. It is nice when you have Outlook on multiple computers on the same account that the email downloads into each of them automatically.

It would be wonderful if you could sync your email signature to all of the computers on the same account. It's a bit clumsy to have to cut and paste all of the signature files from one computer to another.

Thank you,

Ed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow for more folders to be nested in SharePoint Online for use with Excel

If there are too many subfolders in a folder path to a Shared Documents spreadsheet, Excel will ask you to sign in with your Office 365 credentials. After logging in, you get the same log in prompt over and over again. The only way around it is to open files with long folder paths within File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change onmicrosoft.com subdomain after account creation

I would like to be able to change the onmicrosoft.com domain after account creation in case I made a spelling error during account creation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change look and feel to Modern view inside the Document set

We find "Classic view" under Document set as always where users having difficulty to work where users get habituated to work on Modern view.

Hope this you are planning in next release

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add follow schedule

The idea is to add a follow schedule to an existing one. This would come in handy when for example you have a scheduled meeting, but while in the Meeting you find out that you need another one, one that hasnt been planned before and you dont want to copy and paste everything again but just click "Add follow schedule" and a window pops up with the Option to set a new date and time and then adds just the same schedule again into the calendar with a "Follow Schedule" mark.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. O365 Shared Calendar Information ‘pop-up and alert’

When one of the users in a Shared calendar adds an item, it should pop up as information to the other members that a new item was added (when and by whom).
    Same as when I add an alert to an item, it should alert all members of the Shared Calendar, not just the person who added it.
    I mostly use my phone calendar.

I use the calendar at a common calendar with my wife (mostly from our phones), so we always have control of the family items. I know MS competitors have this feature (I have used it for…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base