Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Make thumbnails private to prevent data leak.

Problem:
    The first page of a document is publicly accessible having the link to the thumbnail. The link has an access_token in it and with it, it is even possible to download the whole document. 

To prevent data leak, please leave the thumbnails on the tenant and not on a public accessible "westeurope1-mediap.svc.ms/transform/thumbnail" server with a deeplink to the file.

In the past weeks we learned on the news that simple browser plug-ins can send these links to other servers. So the risk for leaking these links and finally sensitive data is huge.

If it is not possible to leave…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whiteboard: send mindmap to Visio

I would like to use the Whiteboard App to create a mindmap and then send it to Visio for a improved AI based design. Alternatively I would like the option to import a PNG in Visio which gets an AI based design overhaul.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ‎Problem with Outlook WEB "new experience" taskpane in Safari browser‎

Hello. I'm an Outllok add-in developer. We found an issue in Outlook WEB "new experience" taskpane in Safari browser. I've described the problem here https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-ui-fabric-react/issues/9972

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How to split Outlook PST file

You can try Split Outlook PST File Software to break your Oversized PST file into small size PST. This tool provides options to split PST file by specific size, folder, & year. You can easily download this tool. Visit here: https://www.osttopstapp.com/split-pst.html

Advantages of Split Outlook PST

- Split large or Oversized PST file by Size, Year and Folder.

- Divide Archive Outlook files and Password Protected PST files.

- Supports ANSI & UNICODE PST.

- Save Split PST file at your Desire Location.

- Break PST by containing [From, To, Cc, Bcc].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How to Fix ‘Roku Error Code 014.30’

Roku is a line of online media players that are manufactured and distributed by Roku.inc. They provide content in the form of TV channels, streaming services, and many other ways. The latest lineup of the Roku consoles is capable of streaming in the 4k resolution which is a considerable step up from the maximum of a 720p resolution that its ancestor device could achieve. However, quite recently, a lot of reports have been coming in where users are unable to stream videos on their consoles and an Error titled “Roku Error Code 014.30” is shown while trying to establish a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Another serious bug in Publisher. Tile-texture X and Y shift can be applied only once. Next time you tweak X, Y is reset to 0, and vice vers

Another serious bug in Publisher. Tile-texture X and Y shift can be applied only once. Next time you tweak X, Y is reset to 0, and vice versa.
    This prevents aligning images correctly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Excel long numbers bugs - fix copy and paste PLEASE

Copying and pasting log numbers (UPC codes, excel still cant handle these after 20 years) completely ignores formatting and pasting rules. It pastes some scientific formula for every number no matter the formatting or paste options. The only way to get the numbers to show correctly is to double click in each cell, then the real number is shown. When you have over 1000 cells, this can take quite a while to correct. This has been an issue since Excel 97, please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Teams / Stream Recording on French Tenant

Bug discuss with Microsoft Support.

On a French MVP O365 Tenant 2 users authenticated can't record a meeting and then perform the transcript.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Configure NDR reports

Office 365 admin should generate reports for NDR.

Like daily how many NDR send by domain with sender and recipient details.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Microsoft Outlook - improve search

Your search feature in Microsoft Outlook is a piece of ****!!!!! It is not difficult to write an algorithm to search through e-mails. Why can I not find an e-mail when I type in the exact phrase that occurs in the e-mail? Even when I've tried searching for the title of the e-mail, it does not show up. Please fire whoever is in charge of the search feature for Outlook as they are obviously just sitting around and not doing much. If you want a better algorithm to do searching, hire any new grad out of school who can do…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a sound alert/notification for when webmail inbox is open

You need to add a sound alert in the latest Outlook webmail preview.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Project \ Visio installer to work properly without ODT tool

Make the Project\Visio installer to work properly without ODT tool

It always fails the installation, and it should work with the installer downloaded via Office portal.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sharepoint recent sites sorting on open/save action

When openning/saving a file from any Office 365 desktop app (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and then selecting Sharepoint sites, the list is sorted in some way that does not make sense these days.
    It used to be sorted on number of times opennes in the last days or weeks.
    But know, they're all over the place and I actually find it more usefull to go down to "Followed" sites section and find the site I want to use there.

Please make the "Recent" section more relevant or simply remove it as it is completely useless as it is right now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rihansheve N Planner is the best wedding destination and theme wedding in Lucknow.

This beautiful and luxurious destination wedding and theme wedding decor offers great cuisine. Rihansheve N Planner theme wedding decor and destination wedding has best caterers birthday and kitty party planner in lucknow, most creative and innovative decorators team in lucknow Rihansheve N Planner wedding planner. If you want to more query related to wedding services you can call us : + 91 761885111. For more details visit:- https://www.tripadvisor.in/Profile/Rihansheve?fid=9f747fbe-7afb-469a-95a5-44bc60a2604f

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Each install to be own account

It would be nice to have each install to be their own user so that OneDrive does not have to be shared if we do not want it shared. I'm installing on my daughters computer and even though I can have multiple accounts I would prefer to install on my account, but not have it shared.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back RESIZING to context menus

Resizing options were removed from context menus for images inserted into Office 2016 applications. Instead we have to find resizing options in the ribbon or in the formatting tools on the right. Both of those methods add both unnecessary clicks and mouse movement and are extremely inefficient for people who frequently work with images in PowerPoint and Word. I'd rather not spend hours figuring out how to use developer tools to reinsert these. No idea why a decision was made to remove yet another piece of good UX (for the sake of reducing clutter???), but it should definitely be reversed…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give customers more advance notice when the Office 365 URLs and IP addresses are going to be updated.

Hello,

It is very difficult for customers (especially in the government space) to quickly make changes to their networking and firewalls when we update the O365 URLs and IP addresses. We have given customers several ways to monitor these changes (RSS, Web Service, Flow, Rest API Search, script, etc.), but they need more advance notice when we are going to change something.

Here is some direct customer feedback:
    Microsoft is making an endpoint change and is expecting the customer to automate everything on their side to implement that change on the fly (firewall, routes, etc.) In our environment the network…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include SharePoint into MacOS Finder as a drive WITHOUT synchronizing everything

It would be great to implement Sharepoint and its folders as a drive into MoacOS finder WITHOUT synchronizing the whole SharePoint data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Outlook Webmail: Point of Focus (After Send)

After sending an Email in the Outlook Webmail365 application (browser), the area of focus changes from your selected email in the Inbox pane to the email that you just sent in the preview pane. Usually, I work my inbox quickly by sending emails and then using the delete key on the keyboard. What this results in is inadvertent deletion of (and NOT SENDING OF) recently sent emails. They are deleted before they are sent and then I have to go to my deleted items, edit the recently composed email, press send, and then go back to my Inbox. NOT EFFICIENT.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restore "Display a desktop alert" action to Outlook 365's Rules

I have setup a rule to automatically move all emails sent to me from Azure DevOps to a subfolder, but I still want to be notified when they arrive.

In the desktop version of Outlook, I would simply add a "display a Desktop Alert" action to the rule, but that action (and many others) aren't present in Outlook 365.

The result is that I miss mails from Azure DevOps, which is extremely problematic for obvious reasons. The only way to ensure I do get a desktop alert is to remove the rule, but then I have to manually move these…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base