Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include a search (address) bar in the file open dialog

In the major Microsoft Office Apps for Windows (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) for Windows 10, in the file open dialog that pops up, showing onedrive, this pc and so on, include on top a search bar (like the address bar in Edge). That way I can type a string and quickly jump to the file or folder, than navigating. it should search across the recently open files, onedrive and across my PC for the file types that is permitted in that app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make paging a word document more easy. I spent 45 minutes with tech support just to put proper page numbers.

Please make paging a word document more easy. I spent 45 minutes with tech support just to format a document with the proper page numbers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. enforce safeflinks rewrite policy on all microsoft file types, not just office extensions.

Unfortunately ATP does not have any option to apply safe links on .MSG files attached to an e-mail which is **** because it's a microsoft file type. This is a loophole for threat actors attempting to use phishing to send users to credential harvesting/malicious URLs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a supported version for Teams PowerShell module

The PowerShell module for MS Teams has been initially released more than a year ago, and still there's no 1.0 version released.
    Recently we run into issues/limitations with using this module, and we couldn't get proper support or to have our issue unblocked because the module is still in preview.
    Inconvenient..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive should allow users to choose to either open open or download files not open them by default. Similar to how dropbox operates...

Right now if you share a file via OneDrive it automatically will have you open the file in its respective application such as Excel, PowerPoint etc...It would be good to allow to user the option to open or download the file versus opening it automatically especially when sharing files with external parties that is not in your organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement the function to identify where Office 365 groups and accompanying SharePoint sites are created

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 グループが何を契機に作成されたか特定できる機能が欲しい

Implement the function to identify where Office 365 groups and accompanying SharePoint sites are created

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 グループは Office 365 管理センターからグループを作成するほかにも Teams の作成や Microsoft Stream のチャンネル作成など、様々な契機で作成され、同時に SharePoint サイトも作成されてしまう。現在の動作だと、「Teams から作成されたグループやサイトを管理する」などの必要が生じたときにその見分けがつかない。
    Office 365 グループやそれに伴う SharePoint サイトがどの画面から作成されたのか特定する方法を実装してほしい。
    Other than creating Office 365 groups via Office 365 admin center, Office 365 groups will be automatically generated by various cues such as creation of Teams or Microsoft Stream channels, and SharePoint sites will be generated at the same time, too.

In this current behavior, we cannot distinguish those sites because there is no way to specify where…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. develop the ability for MS Forms ownership to be transferable

When creating an form in MS Form it would be good to be able for to transfer ownership of that form to someone else.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get Report Writing Help Service without Plagiarism

Our writing services are quite flexible and user-friendly. So if you happen to need online report writing help support at any time of the day or night. BookMyEssay assistance service is available 24 hours on every day of the week. Read more: https://www.bookmyessay.com/report-writing/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cache settings for public folders.

I would be nice to have the possibility to set the cache for public folders, roomfolders etc in outlook. Not only for standalone mailboxes.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to assign retention policy tags on the Notes folder

After moving users to Office 365, the Default MRM Policy gets applied and archives all folders after 2 years including Notes. It would be a great idea if users were capable of assigning a personal retention tag to not archive the Notes

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a Teams connector for Workplace by Facebook

Facebook has a connector for Teams but it's for the consumer version of Facebook. It makes more sense to have a Workplace by Facebook connector. Please work with Facebook to add this solution.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 356 business premium subscription

Include external phone use w/ your business premium subscription. I refuse to upgrade my subscription to pay for services I can get for free elsewhere. I will continue to use free services elsewhere until then.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft Stream: Allow users to upload to a group but not the whole company

Allow more control over who uploads videos by allowing an intermediate level to let users upload videos to their groups without uploading them for the entire company.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BLEACH

BLEACH Best shot is here : http://mondoagram.com/6Mt3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable In-Place archive by default for every user

We manage multiple tenants which have In-Place archiving enabled for every user. at the moment you have to enable the archive manually for each, newly created, user. I would like to see an option, tenant wide, to enable the In-Place archive by default so there are no manual tasks required.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Presenter Mode Window in Office 365 for Mac

In the Windows version of Office 2016/Office 365, it is possible to make Presenter Mode a window instead of take up the entire primary display, which makes it simple to use other applications while presenting on a secondary display. This doesn't appear possible in Office for Mac--Presenter Mode cannot be used except in fullscreen on the primary display. Please change this so that the functionality is on par with the Windows application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Outlook Mail issue-Allow long subject to wrap around to 2nd line

I get long subject headings from the court on a regular basis. I'd like to see the full subject heading but it truncates at the end of the column. I'd like to see a wrap around so that there could be a second line for subject like you have for message preview. A second option was to use the compact view. That worked for full view of the subject line but then I have a sort problem. I want to sort by date and then by status. The status sort appears in the columns header for single line view but…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to see a calendar in a month view on a home page in SharePoint.

Add an option to see a calendar in a month view on a home page in SharePoint, like the Classic version. Currently you can only show events and that doesn't work if the event is all day nor if the event is reoccurring.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base