Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Office365 email should function far more like Google Gmail, where multiple tags, symbols, and colors can be used to classify emails.

Office365 email should function far more like Google Gmail, where multiple tags, symbols, and colors can be used to classify emails. Office365 email also needs email processing rules that are as easy to set up as Gmail and just as powerful. Rules should be applied not only to newly received email, but optionally to all existing email as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide us a transport rule to enable a reply to all senders with a broken or missing SPF record

The incoming mail that has a bad spf record goes to Junk mail. Therefore it would be nice to inform the sender, this mail you sent us goes to junk mail, due to that your spf record is not correct. We might never see it in our junk folder. Contact your it department and ask them to fix the spf record for your domain. Something like that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FastTrack migration services... add gDrives inside gTeams to availble source.

Google Teams can contain their own gDrive folders. I do not want to migrate the gTeam sites, but a google customer can create a shared gDrive in their gTeam site. We often have requests to migrate the folders in these gDrives to O365.
    I have only found a couple 3rd parties that do this. Can you support this data source in the future so i do not have to go to a 3rd party service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have Outlook Customer Manager rolled out to our Office 365 Business Premium account.

My company has an Office 365 Business Premium account but we still don't have access to Outlook Customer Manager. This would be most helpul to have access to this functionality. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Teams - Allow invite to go out to everyone in Channel

Microsoft Teams - please allow an option where when we give meet now in a channel , all members in that particular channel automatically get an invite rather than a person always typing in the attendees every time.
    A Channel is created for exclusive purpose so any meeting is supposed to be attended by everyone in that channel

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Forms: Option to Block Own Access to Survey Results

I understand that the feature I am looking in for Forms doesn't exist. The issue is this:

I would like to be able to send out a survey and have respondents provide responses, but restrict my access to viewing the results before a given day that I would select before sending out the survey. For example, for a Form sent to students to evaluate a teacher, I would like students to be able to submit responses, but only allow the teacher to view these responses after the final grades have been submitted (for ethical reasons). We can always send out…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. KB4022141 causes feature error popup after installation on word 2010. Removal of patch removes popup error.

KB4022141 causes feature error popup after installation on word 2010. Removal of patch removes popup error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. read aloud

I just tried the read aloud function in Outlook. I found that it worked pretty well, but it read the whole signature. it would be nice if it didn't do that, or if reading the signature was an option. also it read the phone number correctly, but it didn't like the zip+4 (xxxxx-xxxx) it read it as 12,345 to 4,321

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide an option in Outlook to change the default folder property option for displaying the number of items in the folder.

In Outlook, there is a folder property that has two options for the number of items displayed in the folder. The "global" default option is to display the number of unread items in the folder. (By "global," I mean this default option is set in all the standard folders, and in any new personal folders created by the user.) The other option is to display the total number of items in the folder. Currently, this option can only be changed by opening the Properties of each individual folder and changing the setting there. This is no way to change the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to delete all folders except for inbox, sent, and trash

Making "archive," "conversation history," and "clutter" "system folders" means that they can't be deleted or renamed (e.g., z-clutter wouldn't show up at the top of the folder tree and so eat up useable screen space). I avoid all 0365 interfaces as much as possible because it is buried in features I don't need, but spawning extra system folders interferes even with my Thunderbird (which can delete the folders--only to have them re-spawned on the next sync).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On task flags, change "No Date" and "Custom" colors to not match "Today"

In Outlook and OneNote, the flag color for items due today and on a custom date are both red, making them indistinguishable. Red should be reserved for items due today or overdue. Some other color should be used for "Custom" and "No Date" (which is red in Outlook mail but buff in OneNote). Without this change, the task feature is less usable, since I cannot tell at a glance if I need to get a task done quickly or not for a custom date in the future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please fix the latency of linked graphics to render on Outlook application. Mac mail app renders these graphics instantly.

We setup a company-wide signature with our organization that has our logo along with linked social media icons. The linked graphics render very slow on our Outlook mail client both for Mac and PC users. When I forward the same email to my personal account on my Mac mail, my signature and all graphics including the linked ones, render instantly. When we added our company email on Mac's Mail app, the same email that had latency problems on Outlook, rendered instantly on Mac's mail. The issue I confirmed with Microsoft's technical team is with Outlook mail client.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Microsoft Outlook Issue (Reading Pane)

Hello,
    When the read pane is set to 'Right' in Microsoft Outlook at MacOS, I can only see my name in the sent items. There is no button to choose 'To' instead of 'From'. When the read pane is set to 'Bottom' or 'Off', you dont face with such a problem.
    Can you kindly share your comments?
    Best wishes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please do not discontinue SBCs with 365

Back in July of 2017 Microsoft announced they are discontinuing SBC connectivity for folks with onpremise VoIP solutions. Many companies have spent huge capital to invest in an on premise VoIP technology. With some of us leveraging Exchange UM on premise as well. Microsoft decision to discontinue SBC connectivity is forcing companies to explore more costly alternatives that do not play as nicely with onpremise voice solutions along with creating a possible point of failure. While yes migrating to e5 and voice would be nice, to rip out an existing VoIP solution would blow any ROI out the window. Alternative…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SharePoint - User alerts shouldn't show deleted items

The actual situation with user alerts on blogs (probably for other apps as well) in SharePoint: A weekly report brings new items to configured users. This report includes items, which have been deleted after their creation.
    What I would have expected: The deleted item does not appear on the weekly report, because it doesn't exist anymore. It had a reason, why the creator of the item deleted that item.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide secure file upload to Office 365

Business requires that all manner of documents containing confidential information be transferred to the company. However Office 365 does not provide a feature to collect these confidential documents without using email. Email encryption is not ready for prime time and most technology users are confounded by it. I note that Citrix ShareFile does off secure document upload capability.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. HP customer care Phone number

Title: How to remove the keylogger hidden in HP laptops

HP Technical support page where you can see if your laptop is at risk & download a security patch. The list includes over 400 different models so you should figure out which exact laptop you have first & then use your browser’s search

function to find it.

From there, you can download the associated Softpaq link which should resolve the problem. There are a handful of laptop models with no fix available yet, but the vast majority have already been covered.

READ MORE: HP Customer Care Number

https://www.billspayroll.com/hp-technical-support/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back Share local Link in Office Apps

Please re-instate the Share... Link option.
    The only options we have now are share onedrive, attach doc or pdf.
    I know you can copy the path from the same window, but my users all used the now removed share link option, so would love to see it back as an additional option again in the Share dialog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be highly beneficial and useful for RSA businesses if a direct debit from Bank Account method of payment was available

Please add an option for South African Businesses for the bank account to be debited directly and automatically by Microsoft with the subscriptions due each month. This works similar to a credit card transaction but using a bank account instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow external team group member to move a file to new library within team group

allow external team group member to move a file to new library within team group

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base