Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. extension dialing from and auto attendant

My customer has chosen to use VVX certified phones from Polycom and wants to have an option in the auto attendant for callers to dial 4 digit extensions to their destinations. She does not feel the current capability to dial a destination from the auto attendant using voice recognition system works well enough for her production deployment.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why outlook IOS app still doesn't support the shared email?

We created a shared email address: support@xx.com and added some users into this shared email. They could access the shared email on desktop outlook app. But couldn't access it in the outlook ios app. How could your two different clients supports different functions in current year?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Develop an app for the Kindle Fire platform.

I'm very disappointed that I can't use Office 365 on my Kindle Fire. Can you please make it compatible!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. make the Office Deployment Tool validate content first before downloading files

I use the ODT to update our DFS distribution point for C2R content. I've noticed when running with the /download switch that if the currently available version on the CDN is the same as the already downloaded version then the ODT performs a full download of all of the files that already exist. This is silly, surely it'd be much more efficient both for you and for admins for the ODT to check the file hash of the files that are present in the download target location and only download missing/corrupt content? This way admins would be able to run…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add notifications to OneDrive for Business folders

Allow automatic notifications for changes in folders shared OneDrive for business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook Mail issue-Allow long subject to wrap around to 2nd line

I get long subject headings from the court on a regular basis. I'd like to see the full subject heading but it truncates at the end of the column. I'd like to see a wrap around so that there could be a second line for subject like you have for message preview. A second option was to use the compact view. That worked for full view of the subject line but then I have a sort problem. I want to sort by date and then by status. The status sort appears in the columns header for single line view but…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shared Mailbox: Please bring back translation functionality

The ability to translate messages in shared mailbox has been removed from Outlook. We are an international company and removal has been devastating to our workflows. Please put this back.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer a CMYK output from ALL MS Products !

Brink back CYMK Output along wiith offering option for CROP MARKS

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow users to set up voicemail if they do not have full version of skype

currently users cannot change the voicemail greeting if they do not have the full version of skype for business , users should be allowed to change the voicemail greeting at least from the web portal

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Collapse filters in modern document libriaries for sharepoint online

When viewing the filters pane in a modern document library it would be nice if you would be able to collapse a certain filter to get a cleaner view, especially when using filtering and metadata navigation. Even better if you could choose to have it collapsed as default.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add sample color picker for the background

Add sample color picker for the background color for word and publisher just like you have for fill color in publisher for word art & shapes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PTO dates in Signature

Need a way to put Personal Time Off dates to be appended in signature may be at-least a week before PTO start date.
    example, if I am on PTO fro 1 jan 2018 to 15-jan-2018, I should be bale to set this date range somewhere and outlook should append message like " On PTO from 1 Jan 2018 to 30 Jan 2018".
    also should reset once PTO period is over.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On Sign out of Office 365 erase cookie holding answer to "Keep Me Signed In"

When I sign out of Office 365 and then close my browser. As expected I will get prompted for my user name (from the drop down list provided) and I will then be prompted for my password, once I click Sign in, I'm automatically forwarded to my Office 365 startup page, which is SharePoint. If I close my browser again and re-open, I'm prompted to select my user account and enter my password again. This is an issue. If this issue was created because my answer to the question "Keep me signed in?" was cached in my web browser, the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support two personal accounts on iPhone OneDrive app

You should be able to add two personal accounts to the iPhone OneDrive app to easily switch between two. Having the login on in the browser on the phone is a pain.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide secure file upload to Office 365

Business requires that all manner of documents containing confidential information be transferred to the company. However Office 365 does not provide a feature to collect these confidential documents without using email. Email encryption is not ready for prime time and most technology users are confounded by it. I note that Citrix ShareFile does off secure document upload capability.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Outlook add-in PST Import Service

Improve the PST Import Service by creating an Outlook add-in that can be deployed to users. The users could use the add-in to select which of their PST's should be uploaded. The add-in would then use a service account / service principal which uploads the PST to Azure blob storage SAS URI, and an import job created automatically.

This all seems quite possible. It would be better than dragging/dropping PST items manually in Outlook. The add-in might need to include Azcopy.exe somehow, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enable the option in Teams to see who is muted/unmuted in the bar showing the user pictures and video streams

I would like to see who is muted/unmuted on the pictures/ & video feeds showing in the bottom of the Teams Meeting

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add Team Meeting Options to enable or disable notification of participants joining or leaving

Switch off the audible “joining/leaving” notification by default or have the option to switch off in the Teams Meeting Options

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a Fully Functional Data Migration Option

The support representative said this is the only way to report bugs, so please consider this a bug report. My suggestion is that Office 365 include a fully functional mechanism by which to import (and export) data, as neither PST import nor IMAP migration are fully functional. After spending over a week trying to migrate data from GoDaddy O365 to Microsoft O365, I'm forced to cancel our plans to move away from GoDaddy-managed O365 due to the fact that there is currently no way to reasonably and reliability move all of the data over.

PST Import: Much/most of the data…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add more diverse emoticons to Skype for Business

Our users would like more diverse emoticons where race is apparent such as the hand emotes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base