Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get email or notification to the Admin account if someone send email to right domain even though they accidentally misspelled the username

Get a email or notifications if someone send email to my owned domain example @mydomain although they accidentally misspelled the username.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need customer booking information included in email

It would be nice to have the information the customer fills out when they book an appointment from my Microsoft Bookings page actually in the email that gets sent to me notifying me of a new booking. Or have the ability to print the information.

I go through the trouble of creating the custom fields for my customer to fill out but, the information is not sent to me i have to log in to the bookings calendar and open the event to view it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Updates: Too silent, and therefore no idea if process is still busy.

Update install process is actually too silent, leaving the user with no clue as to whether the process is running or not other than potentially trying to launch an application and have the launch fail, indicating that the process hasn't completed.

WOuld be helpful if there was some indication that it is happening....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Office online needs configurable settings to open files as view or edit mode by default.

After a recent change by Microsoft now all files open online in edit mode by default.

We need an option to set the default behavior of files and how they open in edit or read only by default.

I do not appreciate the fact that Microsoft seems to have rolled out the change to open files in edit mode by default without a configurable setting for admins or otherwise. There was no obvious communication from Microsoft on this topic either (at least that I've been able to find).

There are a few other ideas already posted in other categories pertaining…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easier option to recover lost text in Word for iPad

There are no options to recover lost text within Microsoft Word on iPad. Please introduce an option (such as Ctrl+Z/used on PC). As of now if the text is accidentally deleted/lost in a Word document and you are working offline (no auto-save) there is no way to recover the text. Horribly frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook: fix color scheme of "tell me what you want to do" box with dark grey theme

When outlook loses focus in the dark grey theme, the 'lightbulb' box changes color to a harsh/distracting black bar.
    This does not happen at all in the colorful theme, and is less noticable in other themes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pin/favorite folders OneDrive iOS App

iOS App
    OneDrive
    using OneDrive for Business
    ability to pin or favorite folders to access quickly, similar to quick access on Windows 10 File explorer.
    navigating through folders to get to areas like work, or customer, because the default view is always to show the "root" level of the folder structure.
    some way of making shortcuts within the system to your favorite folders would save a lot of time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Hiding/Unhide personal data

We would like to have the ability to hide/unhide the display of fields containing users' personal data in Microsoft softwares. (adress, personal phone in office, etc...)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement a feature that restrict signing-out an account which is signed in when using Office clients

I would like you to implement a feature that restrict signing-out an account which is already signed in when using Office clients.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wrong message for empty Subgroup in distribution groups while sending mail

I am getting message failed with error "Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide an analysis for this message at this time." in message trace report for empty subgroup.Should not message trace provide the correct reason that this is empty group.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Get a sharepoint migration tool for Macs.

I would not have put my business on MS365 had I have known I would have to manually upload my file folder by folder. MS365 markets to all users, but they are not fully ready for Mac users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the option to customise Touch Bar in Words app

I think that it would be great if we could edit the options that exist on the Touch Bar on Macbook pro. For example, add the option to change the font directly from the Touch Bar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Move the saved conversations option to the sidebar on Teams

(Teams) Please consider moving the 'Saved' button for bookmarked conversations from its current location within the user menu to the left sidebar...
    (1) The current location doesn't make much sense. It's lumped in between the user's status and other settings, where it doesn't fit and is too easy to forget about.
    (2) Location on the left sidebar could allow it to show how many 'Saved' messages I have (i.e., that I have to follow-up on) with a numbered badge. Maybe as a user option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Certificate based Authentication for endpoint PC's

With Modern Auth enabled and using a third party provider, my users shouldn't have to log in every time their password changes.Transparent certificate based auth exists for mobile phones not using the outlook app, but everything else requires some sort of authentication.

It gets more frustrating when its every single application that prompts for new credentials, not just 1 app and pass those creds to the others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rotate PDFs in OneDrive iOS App

We would like to rotate PDFs in the OneDrive iOS App without any third party app. This is not possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dial in Outlook should show if user is Out of Office

Would be great if Outlook would Show the Out of Office message for People that are OOO during dialing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Team owner not Site Collection Admin

It would be great if a team owner is part of the Owners group in SharePoint, instead of being a Site Collection Admin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix an issue with saving new documents on close in Word for macOS

I have found an issue when using Microsoft Word and an SMB share mounted in the Finder. Steps to reproduce:-

Open Word, version 16.23 (190309)
    Start a blank document and enter some text
    Hit the close x (DO NOT SAVE FIRST)
    Select to save the document into an SMB share

The document should be saved and Word closed, but instead the save fails and Word reappears. Meanwhile an empty file is created in the SMB share.

Interestingly, if you save before closing, everything works as expected.

This behaviour happens every time and if a user assumes that the file has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow downloading Office apps from the Microsoft Store similar as on Apple's Mac App Store

On the macOS App Store, the Office apps are free to download but you then sign into them with your Office 365 account to activate them. I would like this same functionality in Windows and its Microsoft Store.

It would make it easier for those who have Office 365 provided by universities / organizations to download and install without having to hunt for the installer in the Office 365 dashboard.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add existing email to a calender item in outlook.office.com

It would be great if it was possible to add existing e-mails to a calender item in OWA (outlook.office.com).

When using the Outlook-client, this is possible (drag and drop).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base