Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Is it possible to set password on access to a folder in sharepoint online?

Is it possible to set password on access to a folder in sharepoint online?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make the Office Deployment Tool validate content first before downloading files

I use the ODT to update our DFS distribution point for C2R content. I've noticed when running with the /download switch that if the currently available version on the CDN is the same as the already downloaded version then the ODT performs a full download of all of the files that already exist. This is silly, surely it'd be much more efficient both for you and for admins for the ODT to check the file hash of the files that are present in the download target location and only download missing/corrupt content? This way admins would be able to run…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Outlook signatures should have the option to display upcoming vacation days

As I'm working on a project to strict deadlines, I've started manually adding my approved vacation days to my e-mail signature. I did this because I noticed other people doing it and it's a really good idea to know that a vital project resource will be on holiday within the next month.

Perhaps the option to display approved vacation days could sit below the signature and be highlighted. And perhaps it will show any vacation days that have been added to Outlook for up to six weeks ahead. Thus, if I have added a holiday event for a week to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Good Quality Product Key Activation Service

We take utmost care that our antivirus programs meet the expectations of the customers. We provide the best quality antivirus program and protection to the customers at the most affordable and competitive prices than most competitors in the market. The customer gets to select the antivirus program which meets his need and budget. The customers can check the online reviews of our products and services provided by the real end users. This will provide them will clarity on our products and how they are placed in the market. Considering all of the above, we support the customer in selecting the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add tenant-wide Policy to allow setting a default options, such as Calendar appointments "-MaxDurationInMinutes"

The default appointment length is 14400 minutes, or 1 Day.
    When you invite someone to an appointment that is longer than this the invitation is automatically declined by the recipient on sending.

Having a Tenant wide default policy to set this for all mailboxes, including any new mailboxes created in the future will stop an additional step to be done when setting up new users or prevent support cases being raised to resolve this post-creation.

Most people will holiday for longer than a day, so when you have a shared calendar for holidays, you have to create an appointment for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep the good things going!

i do like you billing support. great people!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Calendars broken.

Yesterday I had a Skype Helper wants to access keychain pop up, and my Skype got updated. After this event occurred some of the Calendar meetings which used to appear in my Outlook now only appear in the native Mac OS Calendar app.
    Has anyone else experienced this. I can provide screenshots if someone from Microsoft tech support wants - but don't want to put that into public domain.
    I was using regular Skype when the Skype helper pop up appeared. Afterwards I had a new Skype GUI (which incidentally I don't like as much as the old version).
    I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the England/Scotland/Wales emoj flags to work on Microsoft office 365?

All the flag emojis work on Microsoft excel for iPad except for the England/Scotland/Wales flags

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG!!! - Sorting Emails by "From" and "Subject" does not work - BUG!!!!

BUG!!! - Sorting Emails by "From" and "Subject" does not work - BUG!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow users to run rules manually in Outlook

I love rules. It helps me organize my emails easily. What I'd like to see is that I have the ability to run these emails manually. I'd like for my emails accumulate in my inbox, allow me to process these "new" emails and once I am done with them click on run rules button to clean them up and store in folders according to the rules I set. Of course there could be some that's automatically run when the email comes in but to manually run the rules would be peachy. If there is a method already, please forgive my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible to export Outlook calendar data inputted over years for use in another program.

I have been using Outlook as my work calendar for about 20 years, but every time I try to export calendar items, it crashes Outlook. I've tried the pst scan program, I've tried safe mode, I've tried new computers/new accounts, and the crashing still occurs; I've tried helpdesk and they say there is no solution. Why punish loyal customers by failing to address such a basic compatibility issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. User Voice - Add capacity to have negative vote

Some ideas are great, some are not ...
    but I cannot vote against an idea in User Voices sites

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharepoint Security allows Dynamic DNS addresses

Currently Sharepoint and OneDrive can be locked down access can be made from specified IP addresses

Would like the abiility to lock down using Dynamic DNS addresses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include Collaboration and Co-authoring for Mac Office 2016 in the next update.

It does not seem practical for me to re-purchase Office just to be able to have that collaboration and co-authoring feature. This was not mentioned at the time of purchase and I am saddened that I will be unable to work productively because the program I paid for isn't fully compatible with that of the rest of my team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Issue - Modern page title header image reset without user edit

What I am about to describe has not been reproduced but since I believe it was introduced by some sort of deployment by Microsoft, it's a bit out of my hands.

In May 2018, I had created a number of pages using the Modern Page template since I was embedding Power BI reports into SharePoint pages and this is the only template that allows this. The last time I edited these pages was June 4 2018 at which time all the pages had the title header image removed. Between then and June 25th, ALL of my modern pages had the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show the bitness (32 or 64 bit) in the Application name under Control Panel

It would be such a simple thing, but would be cool if you could add the architecture type of the Office 365 version installed on the computer. We use an Inventory tool and it's nearly impossible to manage the versions of Office 365 we have because there is no easy way to find out the architecture version easily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3d objects in powerpoint

Increase support for 3D objects in PowerPoint.
    Currently it’s not very clear to users (or providers of 3D objects) what file format can work and how the files need to be embedded - how about a converter that lets us create files from existing objects that work in PowerPoint.

At the moment the files available in your library are very limited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SharePoint should have the same functionality in all Browsers

I wish the functions in SharePoint were all available in all Browsers. Specifically, Open with Explorer. We've instructed Staff to use IE (for Open with Explorer, namely), but now our Twitter feed is no longer supported in IE and there's a big white space on our Home Page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I find it idiotic that in Excel, I have to click in the filename entry field when I click SaveAs. The software should be smart enough that

In Excel, when I want to create a new file or SaveAs some other name the existing file, the pointer should be in the file name entry box instead of highlighting THIS COMPUTER and waiting for me to click in the filename box. That is completely stupid and indicates nobody in software development actually uses Excel in Office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base