Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Create Flow template to pull messages from a Teams Channel

It'd be useful for activity reporting to have a flow template that can be triggered when a user posts a message or comments on Teams. It should classify whether it's a post or a reply, specify who the user is, and have some kind of timestamp so that the information is available for slicing and dicing in PowerBI

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to remove OCR when converting PDF documents, so it just adds the image of the PDF rather than making it editable.

If you try and convert a PDF to Word in the current version of O365 it tries to make the document editable. This then makes the document unreadable in some circumstances. Word 2013 used to convert perfectly for use in IRM libraries. Please add a tick box option to give the user the option to make it editable or not.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi! I hope we can COPY A TABLE FROM EXCEL TO O365 mail without distorting its format/appearance.

Hi! I hope we can COPY A TABLE FROM EXCEL TO O365 mail without distorting its format/appearance.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Planner

To go back to Favorites and Other Plans, that was an easy way to split your PLANS by type e.g.
    - My Plans inside the office= Favorites
    - My Plans outside the office= Other Plans (Alphabetically assorted)
    Having Alphabetically assorted plans on your left dashboard allowed you to go through the all plans with 1 Click, now I have to do 3 clicks to go plan by plan, since you have to go to PlanHub everytime you want to go to the next plan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable change of cross-refences "Insert reference to" style later in Word

In Word, I want to Change the style of cross-references in an existing document. This is not possible, you have to recreate the links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Attendees button in Outlook

I often have meetings with > 40 attendees. To remove an attendee requires visually scanning for their name. It would be easier if I could click a "Remove Attendees" button and then enter the attendees name, click OK and then be ask if the meeting update only goes to those deleted or everyone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MFCMAPI tool

hello team,
    Please kindly note MFCMAPI tool is useful to retrieve items from outlook
    Rather than downloading a huge PST from eDiscovery will delay number of hrs. if this tool available compatible with all the version of windows client It will be easy to retrieve item outlook.
    Now this tool is not working with windows 10 -1803. Please advice and we know this is the third-party tool, why don’t Microsoft adopt it as its own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't allow the SharePoint modern experience list Details pane to disappear during item entry or update

In modern experience, new list items are entered, or items are edited, through a Details pane that appears on the right. But if a user clicks out of the Details pane accidentally while working, all the data is lost. See here for an example: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Modern-List-Item-UI-Causes-Data-Loss/m-p/168481#M15004

Please keep the pane stable once the user begins editing within it. At that point, to avoid losing work, the user should need to intentionally cancel out using a "Cancel" button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. implement also direct save with office when working on a document on your harddrive

I like the direct save to Sharepoint...saves a lot of lost work. But why not also implement it when working offline or working with a document on you harddrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Office365 email should function far more like Google Gmail, where multiple tags, symbols, and colors can be used to classify emails.

Office365 email should function far more like Google Gmail, where multiple tags, symbols, and colors can be used to classify emails. Office365 email also needs email processing rules that are as easy to set up as Gmail and just as powerful. Rules should be applied not only to newly received email, but optionally to all existing email as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide us a transport rule to enable a reply to all senders with a broken or missing SPF record

The incoming mail that has a bad spf record goes to Junk mail. Therefore it would be nice to inform the sender, this mail you sent us goes to junk mail, due to that your spf record is not correct. We might never see it in our junk folder. Contact your it department and ask them to fix the spf record for your domain. Something like that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. FastTrack migration services... add gDrives inside gTeams to availble source.

Google Teams can contain their own gDrive folders. I do not want to migrate the gTeam sites, but a google customer can create a shared gDrive in their gTeam site. We often have requests to migrate the folders in these gDrives to O365.
    I have only found a couple 3rd parties that do this. Can you support this data source in the future so i do not have to go to a 3rd party service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to have Outlook Customer Manager rolled out to our Office 365 Business Premium account.

My company has an Office 365 Business Premium account but we still don't have access to Outlook Customer Manager. This would be most helpul to have access to this functionality. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Teams - Allow invite to go out to everyone in Channel

Microsoft Teams - please allow an option where when we give meet now in a channel , all members in that particular channel automatically get an invite rather than a person always typing in the attendees every time.
    A Channel is created for exclusive purpose so any meeting is supposed to be attended by everyone in that channel

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable message tracking by domain.

A spammer can fake multiple addresses from a single domain to send thousands of messages. Doing the domain search rather than the sender's exact address would make it easier to prepare receipt reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Forms: Option to Block Own Access to Survey Results

I understand that the feature I am looking in for Forms doesn't exist. The issue is this:

I would like to be able to send out a survey and have respondents provide responses, but restrict my access to viewing the results before a given day that I would select before sending out the survey. For example, for a Form sent to students to evaluate a teacher, I would like students to be able to submit responses, but only allow the teacher to view these responses after the final grades have been submitted (for ethical reasons). We can always send out…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. KB4022141 causes feature error popup after installation on word 2010. Removal of patch removes popup error.

KB4022141 causes feature error popup after installation on word 2010. Removal of patch removes popup error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. read aloud

I just tried the read aloud function in Outlook. I found that it worked pretty well, but it read the whole signature. it would be nice if it didn't do that, or if reading the signature was an option. also it read the phone number correctly, but it didn't like the zip+4 (xxxxx-xxxx) it read it as 12,345 to 4,321

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide an option in Outlook to change the default folder property option for displaying the number of items in the folder.

In Outlook, there is a folder property that has two options for the number of items displayed in the folder. The "global" default option is to display the number of unread items in the folder. (By "global," I mean this default option is set in all the standard folders, and in any new personal folders created by the user.) The other option is to display the total number of items in the folder. Currently, this option can only be changed by opening the Properties of each individual folder and changing the setting there. This is no way to change the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow users to delete all folders except for inbox, sent, and trash

Making "archive," "conversation history," and "clutter" "system folders" means that they can't be deleted or renamed (e.g., z-clutter wouldn't show up at the top of the folder tree and so eat up useable screen space). I avoid all 0365 interfaces as much as possible because it is buried in features I don't need, but spawning extra system folders interferes even with my Thunderbird (which can delete the folders--only to have them re-spawned on the next sync).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base