Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. provide access to AppSource from Power BI mobile app

A person cannot search the AppSource store from the Power BI mobile app.
    My company is creating Power BI apps and making them available in AppSource for our employees to access. Our employees can only search for these from powerBI web interface and not from the Power BI mobile app. This is a huge inconvenience to the 300000 users in the organisation. Many of these people are mobile first and we need to send out extra instructions for them to access the apps on their mobile devices. This limits user adoption and adds management overhead to ensure people can access…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word Online in SharePoint opening in Edit mode directly without option to set the Read mode by default.

We noticed this disadvantage because we use Quick Parts to populate documents created from templates, this process is often used for automatic document generation. Some time ago, when a new document was created, if you clicked on it from the document library then the document would open in read mode, and the quick parts properties were displayed or rendered correctly, however the edit mode of word online doesn't show the values of the quick parts, because this are editable only from word for desktop version, at the earliest stages, users were able to open a document in word online in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable In-Place archive by default for every user

We manage multiple tenants which have In-Place archiving enabled for every user. at the moment you have to enable the archive manually for each, newly created, user. I would like to see an option, tenant wide, to enable the In-Place archive by default so there are no manual tasks required.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable In-Place archive by default for every user

We manage multiple tenants which have In-Place archiving enabled for every user. at the moment you have to enable the archive manually for each, newly created, user. I would like to see an option, tenant wide, to enable the In-Place archive by default so there are no manual tasks required.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shared with me files visible in Office apps when you open from OneDrive

Would be nice to be able to see Shared with me files in Office apps when you have OneDrive mapped. The open dialog browsing to your files in OneDrive doesn't show that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More comprehensive mechanism to bookmark documents (shared to the user) as an improvement to pinning.

This applies to all Office products that can open shared files. We need a better way of bookmarking and categorizing a previously opened document to come back later and open again. "Recent", "Pinner" and "Shared With Me" are good starts but not enough. I can imagine an experience similar to browsers' favorites management. Even better if these documents would also be shared with the Edge browser's favorites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OPTIMAL SOLUTION FROM QUICKEN TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Call at the Quicken Software helpdesk now and feel ultimate ease to operate Quicken account for so many reasons. We assure you that Quicken customer care will lead to bring fulfilling results, so call rapidly and sort out innumerous complicated scenarios in small time limit. We assure you that Quicken helpdesk will help in sorting out any of the undesirable matter in few minutes so call now and get the availability of the best results. Call anytime as support helps you to seek round the clock solutions. More info :-
    http://www.quickencustomerservice24x7.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. export live mail calendar recovery

If you have any type of problem concerning to convert live mail calendar to PST Outlook so you can download SysInspire Windows Live Mail Calendar Recovery Software that easily recover & Export Live Mail calendar to Existing Outlook profile, CSV, ICS, TXT, HTML, vCard. To use the software there need to install IBM lotus notes application and MS Outlook is not required for conversion. Software supports all MS Outlook versions included- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & below versions.
    Read more:-https://www.sysinspire.com/live-mail-calendar-recovery/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to update PowerPoint 2016 to version 16.17

I just bought Office 2016 for my Macintosh and I want to add free Microsoft clip art to a PowerPoint file. My PowerPoint is version 16.16.2. According to a support article (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-clip-art-to-your-file-0a01ae25-973c-4c2c-8eaf-8c8e1f9ab530), I should have access to Microsoft's online image gallery, but it requires PowerPoint version 16.17. When I attempt to update PowerPoint, I am informed that no updates are available. So I have no access to Microsoft's online image gallery. Please advise. This is a fully paid and activated product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Analyzing tasks & projects

Not only would it be convenient to have Plans (or Planner) integrated with outlook tasks, but it would also prove helpful for a business to have the Plans integrated with Teams with an app that calculates turn-around/analysis times for tasks.

For example, if a Plan is created within the Planner web browser, all plans don't seem to appear within Teams. It would be beneficial for businesses to have a "flow" where an email is received, then can be placed within a plan of a team, and once completed, have the turn-around time reflected in a report. Does this exist/in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Productivity/Turn-around times

The Microsoft Teams and Plans/Planner app is great for inputting different projects or tasks. However, is there an app that includes productivity/turn around times? For example, if I were to assign a task, and the task was completed 24 hours later by a team member, is there something either within teams, plans, etc. that would track the resolution/completion of said task, or perhaps a different app that Microsoft offers to do all of the above?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Guest user search in Microsoft Teams (Search tab not present for guest users)

Guest users need to have the ability to search documents in Teams. The Search tab is not available for Guest users. Currently they can search the "People" and "Messages" Tabs just not "Files". Really need to get this fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When saving a URL in SharePoint Online, don't automatically shortern URLs to relative paths

When saving content in a SharePoint Online list, if the URL you are saving is on the same site, SPO will automatically shorten that URL to a relative path.

Example: if your site is mySPO.sharepoint.com, and you save a URL to a file, say mySPO.sharepoint.com/sites/files/myimage.jpg, SPO will always save that URL as just '/sites/files/myimage.jpg'

This is a problem when hosting content in PowerApps, because PowerApps use a different domain! I want my PowerApp to load content from my SPO site, but since PowerApps run from web.powerapps.com, instead of trying to load from my SPO library, the app is looking for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CloudPBX VoiceMail alignment with Exchange Online Voicemail policy settings

Hi,

We would like to see a policy alignment between the Exchange Online Unified Messaging Policy and the CloudPBX Voicemail policy settings.

It seems that the Azure HostedVoiceMail is the preferred solution for CloudPBX but we lack some policy controls that we used to have with EXO UM. For example to control AllowMissedCallNotifications or to disable AllowVoiceMailPreview etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook Before Send a Mail

In the microsoft outlook program, auto-complete is available. however, we can sometimes send mails incorrectly. therefore, before we press the send button, we can come to a warning window and check the receiver accounts again for security reasons.

So, we've written the To field. When we press Send button, before sending the message, a window will come up again and I can check and send the addresses in the To field here.

Good luck with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Microsoft Stream - video feedback functionality

a feedback functionality where we can design simple survey questions so users can rate videos in different categories (on top of 'like'), e.g. training effectiveness, video length / medium / quality, etc. It would be enough to have a star or numbers rating. In addition, it would be great to be able to pull this as a metric to find the best video per category.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the left navigation to be hidden on modern Team Sites

On modern Team Sites, the setting that allows you to hide navigation is really only there for Classic pages. Setting this does "sometimes" hide it in Modern, but not always. This is particularly annoying at the root site collection because as there is no way to make the root truly modern, all you can do is create a modern page that has the left navigation showing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How about Integrating the World Clock app into Outlook?

Simply, add the World Clock app as a ribbon in Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow individual booking times for services

Please allow us to set individual booking times for services not just working hours for staff. For Example: One staff member might do one service in the morning only and an other one all day long.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Page to navigation doesn't refresh the page so the page you added doesn't appear on the quick launch until you refresh

When you click add a page to navigation have the navigation refresh so you can see that the page was added to the left navigation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base