Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I cannot install OneDrive for Business 2016

I am trying to install OneDrive for Business 2016 on on my machine with an office 365 home subscription, so I can access the files for my business acount.

I receive the following error:

"Office 2013 is installed, OneDrive for Business cannot be installed with Office 2013. Upgrade to office 2016 before installing OneDrive for Business 2016.:

On this machine the is no office 2013 installed. The version of office installed is Office 365 Home.

How can I access my business OneDrive account? I've been redirected here by Office 365 for Business support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add feature in Office 365 Word so can have different headers and footers on the same page

I am formatting a book manuscript. Word 2016 allows one to enter a different header and footer on the same page. Office 365 does not, according to one of your Chat experts. It would be very helpful to authors who use Word to create/format their own books to have the same function in Office 365. Seems a very simple thing to do, considering book publishers have been able to do this with other software for generations! Thanks very much. EM: perry62550@hotmail.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user to see recipient name instead of sender in OWA Outlook sent items subfolder

Hello, some users of our administration have reported us that they are unable to organize their sent items in Outlook OWA Web Interface, and inside subfolder.

Indeed, when we move mails inside subfolders of Sent item folder, the displayed default name is the Sender Name, Instead of the Recipient one, which is quite annoying because we know how we are named, but we would like to know the name of the person where we send a mail.

Did there is any possibility to configure such feature in OWA for the next versions ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback about…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To hide the Office 365 Update Banner in Office applications to all users in the Org. and manually force update the office to all users

To hide the Banner of "Update Office" on Office apps to all users in the organization and to force manually update all the user Office apps without them knowing through the Admin Center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Iconos Acces directo office

Iconos acceso directo office.
    Al actualizar office se han cambiado los iconos de acceso directo y no se puede volver al anterior, por ejemplo, en el caso de outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improvement in the restoration process for SharePoint and OneDrive

Improvement in the restoration process by the component team for SharePoint and OneDrive with office 365

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add OneDrive for Business as cloud storage in Teams

I would like to use OneDrive for Business as cloud storage in Teams. I understand Teams uses OneDrive for new libraries and compliance, but I want my team to see existing files that have already been saved and stored in OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Arrange a way to remove the mandatory comma in number columns that keeps the columns sortable

In SharePoint Online Lists, being able to sort numbers in a list is a really useful feature. Having mandatory 1000 commas, such as '100,000' is not useful, especially where numbers are reference numbers and not actually quantity numbers. I actually want to import the Microsoft Roadmap into a SharePoint Online List to use it and then Featured ID Reference gets horrible commas in it. I want to be able to sort by this Id, so I need to retain it as a number column and remove the commas. The technet recommended workaround of re-formatting the column to a text column…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a way to make the web version of Word or Excel open instead of the desktop version by default.

Our desktop licenses expired. We have office online however if we double click on a document it opens the unlicensed version that doesn't work. To open a file, you have to open the online version of word for example, then click on upload and then search for your file. It just takes too long.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include script writing software in your Office suite.

As easily accessible as Word or Excel, I'd love to have script writing software that could automatically format screenplays, plays and other writing that has traditional structures and formatting. It could be an added tab in the Word program, like Design or Layout (or even included within those tabs). Final Draft and CeltX offer things like "index cards" and other accessories to help with plotting but I'd like something that is just concerned with the actual script, to reduce distractions and also make me feel less in need of learning how to properly use all the accessories. It could work…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Office365 forums link is broken on this page

Was trying to get to the Office 365 forums url on this page , unfortunately the link is broken.
    Please fix it

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to customize the right-click toolbar in Word

For example, I wish to add the 'Define New Number Format' option when I right click on number/bullet lists. Currently I must go all the way through the Home tab, select number lists and then Define New Number Format, which is rather inefficient for a lot of the work I do. Another example would be to add 'Style' when right-clicking on headings. Although easy enough to access in the Home Tab, I am not always on the Home Tab when I wish to change styles. This used to be a feature in the right-click menu prior to 2016 version of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the look of the new Outlook and Word app look

The reason I am suggesting it is that the two look so similar in color and design that when they are pinned next to each other on task-bar if you are not paying full attention it is easy to confuse the two.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need a notification prior to Office application updates

I would like you to give information about Office app updates prior to the deployment.
    There is no feature to notify update information at the moment, so users will be confused when unexpected change occurs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the best mobile app for shopping offers and deals

the best shopping offers deals & Discounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow external email accounts to book meeting rooms (Resource)

Allow external email accounts to book meeting rooms (Resources Rooms and equiptment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow automatic replies outside of working hours and stop sending during working hours

For all users, especially in my case, working hours vary. I work 3rd shift in a company that over 90% of the work force is 1st shift. This seams to be forgotten by many people i work with. I would like to be able to send a automatic message outside of my working hours letting both customers and other employees know that I am out of my office, and let them know that I will respond and get back to them when I am back in the office during my normal hours. I have odd hours of 10pm-6am. I don't…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Minor fixes on the New Microsoft Office 365 logos

I really like the new modern looking logos for all the office 365 products!
    However, I can't help but to notice the small itsy bitsy details missing in few of them - Such as if you compare Teams logo with SharePoint logo you can notice that Teams logo has a shadow/effect around the T square, while Sharepoint's S has no shadow effect around the square.

I would highly appreciate if this tiny detail would be fixed and taken into consideration that the Microsoft Office 365 logos would have a unified style in these minor details. Also I wonder why OneDrive…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More customisation with Microsoft bookings

If you have multiple stores which offer different services and would like to centralise a booking portal for all stores you'd need to change the "select staff" option to "select store" to assist in the customer facing front. This way the customer would know that they are selecting a store and not a staff member.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories