Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Difference between ANSI and UNICODE PST?

As I know about both Outlook PST files type such as ANSI and UNICODE PST. ANSI used in Outlook 97, 98, 2000, and in 2002 edition and UNICODE which is a advance type used by Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 editions.

But I would like to know what are other main difference between these two types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folders with different colours

Please allow the user to assign colours to different folders across all applications i.e. windows, excel, word, outlook. I am finding hard to see different folders and with different colours I will be able to easy to work with

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep me signed in Checkbox

Please add back the "Keep me sign in" option for Outlook on the Web, as well as the Office Portal, Office Apps, One Drive, Sharepoint...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SharePoint Properties panel in Word 2016.

Fields link to SharePoint list returns the ID and not the title (txt).
    Number fields not working properly.
    Please make this SharePoint Properties panel work again like it did in 02013.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Combine and consolidate different Microsoft Apps where possible

I am using the Office 365 for Business Ecosystem and it appear that there is often a lot of over lap between different apps in terms of their functions, and they could be combined.

It often appears that many competing single products offer the same functionality as combinations of several of the bundled Microsoft Apps.

For example, Microsoft Teams, Planner, Microsoft To Do, Tasks in Outlook, Yammer, Groups, Skype

All seem to feature elements of communication, task/project management and scheduling with team work.

It would be great to see these consolidated into a simpler product offering where one communication platform…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Microsoft Teams new message on top

In microsoft Teams we would like to have the option to put the new messages on top instead of down at the bottom

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide secure file upload to Office 365

Business requires that all manner of documents containing confidential information be transferred to the company. However Office 365 does not provide a feature to collect these confidential documents without using email. Email encryption is not ready for prime time and most technology users are confounded by it. I note that Citrix ShareFile does off secure document upload capability.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upgrade MSDN tenants to E5 level

In order to test and validate for all possible scenarios, we need our MSDN test tenants to be setup with E5 and EMS E5.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable message tracking by domain.

A spammer can fake multiple addresses from a single domain to send thousands of messages. Doing the domain search rather than the sender's exact address would make it easier to prepare receipt reports.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PTO dates in Signature

Need a way to put Personal Time Off dates to be appended in signature may be at-least a week before PTO start date.
    example, if I am on PTO fro 1 jan 2018 to 15-jan-2018, I should be bale to set this date range somewhere and outlook should append message like " On PTO from 1 Jan 2018 to 30 Jan 2018".
    also should reset once PTO period is over.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If transport rule to route all outbound messages through designated outbound connector, message with internal and external recipients shoul

If transport rule to route all outbound messages through designated outbound connector, message with internal and external recipients should be sent as single message

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Replicate the ability to see tasks in calendar view in Office 365 Outlook online

Using Outlook to manage my work the calendar view with tasks is how I run my day to day work. A simple view of the work to be done today - calendar appointments and tasks in one! Why is the ability to see tasks in the calendar view not available in 365 online? It spoils a near perfect workplace.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Publisher to be able to Hide Pages (from printing and saving as PDF)

I like to have an option to Hide page(s) that I don't want to print or send to printing (save in PDF). It can be used to have a backup/draft pages in a document without deleting them. (Similar capability is available in PowerPoint.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. viewing rooms and equipment from "New Meeting"

When creating a new meeting in Outlook 365 (desktop app or web), there's a drop-down for rooms, but no rooms appear. The only way to view rooms is to view the entire Global Address Book, which is lengthy and can be difficult for users to find the rooms. Similarly, booking a piece of equipment. In fact, there is no option to view equipment, except for viewing the entire GAB. This should certainly be a quick and useful fix to Outlook

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cut recording at the middle of video (power point)

it would be great if we can not only trim the videobut we can cut and delete some duration at the middle of power point recording video

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 365

I found that office 365 doesn't support Maldives language yet, which made me to face really difficult time, while trying to install it in a Mac Pro and when the country/region list dropped and couldn't find Maldives. But to my knowledge that in Microsoft office there is Maldives also that supports the language that Maldivian official writing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reconsider retiring Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 Mobile

Microsoft announced it is retiring Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 Mobile. I would ask they reconsider this and instead only retire the apps when support for Windows 10 Mobile itself is retired (Dec 2019). Microsoft marketed Windows 10 Mobile for the enterprise as recently as last year with the HP Elite X3 Windows 10 Mobile device. Many companies have invested in this technology for their businesses and would be losing key Office 365 capability with the retirement of these two apps. These apps are already stable and working great. Why not leave them in the Microsoft…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. importing Contacts from Iphone to outlook.

I would like to export contacts into a data file so i can import it into outlook app on mobile phone. It's crazy how a simple thing of adding profiles on your mobile will not update on the outlook on my PC, so annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Teams Chat Group Dont File History

We have used Teams Chat Group in everyday. It has created many group there, and we will join new numbers in created group to share chat history. But Chat history not include files which numbers have been shared in group.(New numbers only look it and not open it(no permission)).
    Need Owner go to onedrive(website) > go to Microsoft Teams Chat Files > find files > add new numbers permissions!!!
    I think it is repeat operate. Please Microsoft can change it,use it to same teams group.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Office 365 OS

Microsoft should make an Office 365 OS (similar to Chrome OS). It would be great for executives and basic users who just need access to Office 365 apps and nothing else. It would be fast, lightweight and less susceptible to issues . Make it domain managed as well. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base