Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exchange, Search-Mailbox -targetMailbox same as searchmailbox

Exchange 2016, Powershell, Search-Mailbox, Deleted Items

Today admins can't restore harddeleted Mails with search-mailbox to same Mailbox!

1. Admin will save many times

2. It's more secure because Admin will not see or read any Mails from User under "Discoery Search Mailbox"

3. Many Company has disabled PST

Search-Mailbox -targetMailbox same as searchmailbox

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include “sections” feature in PowerPoint online

In the desktop app you can section your slide deck which creates a good overview when you collapse large decks. Please import this feature to online version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gostaria de saber se é possível colocar que todos os aplicativos do Office 365, abram em uma outra aba, sem abrir por cima do meu SharePoint

Gostaria de saber se é possível forçar todos os aplicativos do Office 365, que abram em uma outra aba, sem abrir por cima do meu SharePoint (intranet). É possível?​

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get Office 365 to work on iOS devices

Attempting to sign-into my work Outlook account doesn't work in Office 365 for iOS (it gives me an incorrect password notice when I have, in fact, provided the correct password). It doesn't work on my iPhone nor my iPad. I have cleared the keychains on both devices but to no avail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring back the Save Work Space Feature in Excel

Excel 2016 no longer has View/Save Workspace. Please bring this back. Without it,productivity is severely compromised. Please don't tell me to write a marco. This is not an effective solution. Bring back this valuable feature. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disclose the new Office 365 version (build) release announcement a week earlier

It would be great for us to have information about the up-coming Office 365 version (build) release and file sizes, or any system to let us know up-coming changes and reasons for update, because I would like to tell our end users about them in advance.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Request updating public-facing article about vanity domain registration method

After setting up vanity domain by following the instruction below (currently using the Onamae nameserver): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/dns/change-nameservers-at-onamae?view=o365-worldwide,
    we are unable to send/receive message via existing mailing system even though the vanity domain was successfully registered. Additionally, we can’t open and view the home page. I’ve confirmed with the Onamae service that instructions on the Microsoft article are invalid at the moment if using existing web service. I would like you to update the article to include the registration methods when using existing web service.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow users to export Sharepoint Wiki pages as word documents or PDF.

OtherMost enterprise Wikis (like Atlassian Confluence) allow you to simply export your wiki page or pages as PDF/Word Documents. This would be a very useful addition to sharepoint wikis.

Managing official documentation/processes/procedures/plans in word documents and attaching those word documents to a sharepoint site is a much more cumbersome process than simply making the wiki page the documentation. The information becomes much more accessible and you avoid having multiple versions of documents floating around as email attachments or on file shares etc...

Our adoption of sharepoint wiki for this purpose is being limited by our inability to export documents to…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to see firstly being able to Default all Incoming Text font to Arial Regular 13 pt. Not Calibri (Body) 11 pt.

I would like to see firstly being able to Default all Incoming Text font to Arial Regular 13 pt. Not Calibri (Body) 11 pt.

It changes my Graphic Text Integrity and forces me to make mini Changes when it comes Inbound from all Outlook e-mails.

Plus I would like to e-mail your Technical Teams a copy the would effectively show you what I mean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix meeting invites from iCalendar accounts

Right now meeting invites from iCalendar accounts show up as "not supported calendar message.ics". I've also seen the time being incorrect. Considering how large the Apple userbase is, it would be good for this to just work (as it does in gmail)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Excel spreadsheet data goes gray and blank

Excel spreadsheet data goes gray and blank upon trying to scroll using the touchpad. Problem does not happen using scroll bars on the side and bottom to move the sheet. The problem stops if I wait a couple of minutes without using the spreadsheet upon opening it. I have opened a ticket for this but there is no solution for it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Сделать полную совместимость MS Office 365 и MS Office 2016

Несовместимость отображения формул (=_xlfn.CONCAT) при открытии документа в Excel 2016 msi. Несовместимость наблюдается только если документ создан в Office 365

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You really need to make the Files/SharePoint/OneDrive integration between Microsoft Teams and these other capabilities much more intuitive

Teams is a potentially great collaboration tool marred by the confusion way in which files are attached or handled. Having a Files tab is great for each channel, but it should be much easier to integrate OneDrive, SharePoint and the native files component together seamlessly, and also to make sure that uploading files into Teams onto a SP folder works properly. Today you have to go into native SharePoint to actually upload a file - you can't do it (despite the UX implying you can) natively in Teams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. FIX Publisher!!!!

I just renewed my Publisher and now can't insert PDF docs into my project. This is unacceptable! Please fix NOW!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Certain resource/attendees are invited only for certain parts of the big meeting /event - within Single meeting request

To create a single meeting request, where certain attendees or resources (eg rooms) are required/attending the meeting only for part of the time.

Thus resources can be blocked only for the required time slot than having to be blocked for the entire meeting schedule.

This brings in clarity on who is needed at what time and to free up resources, without having to create multiple agenda entries for the same meeting.

Feature is non-existent in OWA, Windows, Mac, iOS

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users to drag a sender's profile picture or name into the search box to find emails sent from that sender in Outlook Web App.

I believe that the ability to drag a senders information into the search box to quickly search for emails from this user would be beneficial to a number to users. In my workflow I use the search box to find backup reports from certain senders and this would reduce 4 clicks to 1.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow sorting by modified date in the delete folder in o365 web client

Please allow me to sort deleted emails by the modified date. If I accidently delete an email I have to search through my entire trash folder to try to find it. This is especially difficult if I accidently delete an email and I don't know which one was deleted. A serious waste of time. If I could sort by Modified date, then it would be the very first email. Problem solved. I have no clue as to why this would not be an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. レジストリを含む Office の完全アンインストール ツールについて (About the full Office Uninstall tool, including the registry)

サポート ツール (SaRa) にて、レジストリを含む完全アンインストールができないのでは、現状のツールは意味が無い。​
    また、サポートでは気軽に初期化や工場出荷時に戻すなどの作業を案内をするが、データを削除するということになるので、利用者側としては非常にリスクや影響も大きいという事をまずは Microsoft 社に認識していただきたい。
    ​アンインストールなど、レジストリ操作を含む内容などでは利用者側が簡易に操作できるツールや機能を早急に提供していただきたい。

In the Support tool (SaRa), the current tool is meaningless because it cannot be fully uninstalled including the registry.
    In addition, the support is to guide the work, such as returning to the factory and initialize freely, but because it will be to delete the data, as the user side is very large risk and impact I would like you to first recognize that Microsoft. In the contents including the registry operation such as the uninstallation, I want you to provide the tool and the function that the user can operate easily…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dictation in Office - not working

I am on Office365 ProPlus version 1808 (build 10730.20264). My understanding is that the Dictation feature for Office should be present. It is not. The option is not even available to set up. I am told by a Microsoft affiliate on TechNet that I have the most current version of Office 365 (semi-annual channel). Intelligent Services is on and working (Smart Lookup works, for example).However, no microphone appears on the ribbon in Word or Outlook . The Dictation feature does not even appear in the options to install under "All Commands".. As a Bing search will disclose, I am not…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pin/favorite folders OneDrive iOS App

iOS App
    OneDrive
    using OneDrive for Business
    ability to pin or favorite folders to access quickly, similar to quick access on Windows 10 File explorer.
    navigating through folders to get to areas like work, or customer, because the default view is always to show the "root" level of the folder structure.
    some way of making shortcuts within the system to your favorite folders would save a lot of time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base