Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Collapse filters in modern document libriaries for sharepoint online

When viewing the filters pane in a modern document library it would be nice if you would be able to collapse a certain filter to get a cleaner view, especially when using filtering and metadata navigation. Even better if you could choose to have it collapsed as default.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add sample color picker for the background

Add sample color picker for the background color for word and publisher just like you have for fill color in publisher for word art & shapes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On Sign out of Office 365 erase cookie holding answer to "Keep Me Signed In"

When I sign out of Office 365 and then close my browser. As expected I will get prompted for my user name (from the drop down list provided) and I will then be prompted for my password, once I click Sign in, I'm automatically forwarded to my Office 365 startup page, which is SharePoint. If I close my browser again and re-open, I'm prompted to select my user account and enter my password again. This is an issue. If this issue was created because my answer to the question "Keep me signed in?" was cached in my web browser, the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook add-in PST Import Service

Improve the PST Import Service by creating an Outlook add-in that can be deployed to users. The users could use the add-in to select which of their PST's should be uploaded. The add-in would then use a service account / service principal which uploads the PST to Azure blob storage SAS URI, and an import job created automatically.

This all seems quite possible. It would be better than dragging/dropping PST items manually in Outlook. The add-in might need to include Azcopy.exe somehow, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. enable the option in Teams to see who is muted/unmuted in the bar showing the user pictures and video streams

I would like to see who is muted/unmuted on the pictures/ & video feeds showing in the bottom of the Teams Meeting

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add Team Meeting Options to enable or disable notification of participants joining or leaving

Switch off the audible “joining/leaving” notification by default or have the option to switch off in the Teams Meeting Options

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide a Fully Functional Data Migration Option

The support representative said this is the only way to report bugs, so please consider this a bug report. My suggestion is that Office 365 include a fully functional mechanism by which to import (and export) data, as neither PST import nor IMAP migration are fully functional. After spending over a week trying to migrate data from GoDaddy O365 to Microsoft O365, I'm forced to cancel our plans to move away from GoDaddy-managed O365 due to the fact that there is currently no way to reasonably and reliability move all of the data over.

PST Import: Much/most of the data…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add more diverse emoticons to Skype for Business

Our users would like more diverse emoticons where race is apparent such as the hand emotes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix & Improve OneDrive Security to Compete with other file sharing services

OneDrive is supposed to be able to be configured to send you emails when external users accept a file sharing invitation. It doesn't work! No matter what I try I never receive an email. I have a ticket open with support but so far they have no answers. This feature needs to work for OneDrive to be a viable file sharing service.

If you share OneDrive files with an external user then the external user gets created in your tenant's user list. If you delete that external user from your tenant user list then that user can continue to access…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Formatting being stripped within emails - Best practice protocols for Dev setup of 3rd Party systems

Emails sent via 3rd party systems to office 365 are being stripped of formatting (paragraphs and line spacing removed) How do you fix it?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No search results in Outlook 2016

The outlook search can't get emails, i only got a no results message, tried everything plus: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/no-search-results-for-pop-imap-or-exchange-accounts-51c9d2c7-a3db-4358-afdf-50d3a9e57039
    And the problem persists, the workaroud works (Blocking Windows Search) but is horrible.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to share group calendars with external users

At the moment there is no method to share a group calendar with external users.

Please add this functionality

Adrian

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offer a CMYK output from ALL MS Products !

Brink back CYMK Output along wiith offering option for CROP MARKS

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users to assign retention policy tags on the Notes folder

After moving users to Office 365, the Default MRM Policy gets applied and archives all folders after 2 years including Notes. It would be a great idea if users were capable of assigning a personal retention tag to not archive the Notes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Difference between ANSI and UNICODE PST?

As I know about both Outlook PST files type such as ANSI and UNICODE PST. ANSI used in Outlook 97, 98, 2000, and in 2002 edition and UNICODE which is a advance type used by Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 editions.

But I would like to know what are other main difference between these two types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folders with different colours

Please allow the user to assign colours to different folders across all applications i.e. windows, excel, word, outlook. I am finding hard to see different folders and with different colours I will be able to easy to work with

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep me signed in Checkbox

Please add back the "Keep me sign in" option for Outlook on the Web, as well as the Office Portal, Office Apps, One Drive, Sharepoint...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SharePoint Properties panel in Word 2016.

Fields link to SharePoint list returns the ID and not the title (txt).
    Number fields not working properly.
    Please make this SharePoint Properties panel work again like it did in 02013.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Combine and consolidate different Microsoft Apps where possible

I am using the Office 365 for Business Ecosystem and it appear that there is often a lot of over lap between different apps in terms of their functions, and they could be combined.

It often appears that many competing single products offer the same functionality as combinations of several of the bundled Microsoft Apps.

For example, Microsoft Teams, Planner, Microsoft To Do, Tasks in Outlook, Yammer, Groups, Skype

All seem to feature elements of communication, task/project management and scheduling with team work.

It would be great to see these consolidated into a simpler product offering where one communication platform…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft Teams new message on top

In microsoft Teams we would like to have the option to put the new messages on top instead of down at the bottom

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base