Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logout option on O365 error pages

When someone goes to an O365 page that they don't have access to (e.g. portal because I am logged into wrong user) there is no LOGOUT option, so I've had to bookmark https://t.co/6BhMjwmxH0 can you pretty please just add a logout link to error pages

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide specific app tiles from Office 365 home or app launcher

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 ホームやアプリ ランチャーからのリンクの非表示について

Hide specific app tiles from Office 365 home or app launcher

■Description(内容):
    現在はライセンスをオフにしないと Office 365 ホームやアプリ ランチャーのリンクが非表示にできない。([Forms]、[Flow] など) ライセンスをオンにしていても Office 365 ホームやアプリ ランチャーのリンクを非表示にする設定を追加してほしい。

We cannot hide app tiles from Office 365 home or app launcher unless we turn off the apps’ licenses. (For instance, we want to hide Forms and Flow only)

For improvement of manageability, allow us to hide specific app tiles without turning off the licenses.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Retain data of Onedrive and Echange in Office365

When user is removed E3 license from Office365, OneDrive data remains after 30days. But Exchange online retains the data for 30 days.
    We confirmed the specification with Office365 support.
    We hope to match the specification of OneDrive and Exchange online.
    Or When user is removed E3 license from Office365, We hope to retain both data in a few years.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shortcut to play/pause embedded videos in PowerPoint

There is no current shortcut to play/pause videos in PowerPoint, only current option is to click on the embedded video or to click the play/pause button. Using a mouse is NOT convenient while giving a presentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Saving emails to hard-drive or sharepoint folders faster

We need to be able to save attachments to folders faster. When I right click on an attachment I should be able to select a folder on my hard drive or from Sharepoint immediately. The same goes for mobile apps... I use the outlook app for iOS (Iphone) and you can't save attachments from the outlook email app directly to sharepoint folders.
    To me it's obvious that we should have the ability to save files wherever we want with as few clicks as possible. Your customer service is great though!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Notification required when CNAME record value has been changed

It would be very helpful if I can check updates or changes on CNAME record value by any public facing article like Microsoft Docs “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” or notification messages. So that users can be notified without any efforts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Date Headers Outlook OWA Office 365 enabled for Compact Layout

Currently, Date Headers in Settings Page, eventhough enabled does not function at all, for selected Compact Layout or Display Density.

I like the slimness of Compact and also, Date Headers for many practical reasons. Therefore, hope to see Date Headers to be brought into Compact as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Page for current service degradation, update and workarounds.

Create a page where customers can visit the service degradation that is currently happening for updates and workarounds.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Renew O365 Developer Website without deletion

Today I lost my "Developer Website" on O365 that I had for years with my Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription. This is way a do not like the cloud. What worked for years does not work any more. And only 6 days left before the subscription expires. No warning that "You cannot renew this site". Nothing. This is really sad.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Protect specific terms and names from being autotranslated in support articles

Greetings!
    Some articles have been made totally unusefull in autotranslated variant, because the translation affected specific terms, that should not be translated, such as filenames, URLs, registry paths, keys and values.
    https://support.office.com/ru-ru/article/%d0%92-onedrive-%d0%b8-onedrive-%d0%b4%d0%bb%d1%8f-%d0%b1%d0%b8%d0%b7%d0%bd%d0%b5%d1%81%d0%b0-%d0%be%d1%82%d1%81%d1%83%d1%82%d1%81%d1%82%d0%b2%d1%83%d1%8e%d1%82-%d0%bd%d0%b0%d0%bb%d0%be%d0%b6%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%8f-%d0%b7%d0%bd%d0%b0%d1%87%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%b2-%d1%81%d0%b8%d0%bd%d1%85%d1%80%d0%be%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b7%d0%b0%d1%86%d0%b8%d0%b8-b25070ab-2226-4ad8-b1fc-ae28cc44ecd2?omkt=ru-RU&ui=ru-RU&rs=ru-RU&ad=RU

This URL above is a russian translation of the support article, where registry path
    HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers
    was

changed to unreadable

хкэйлокалмачине\софтваре\микрософт\виндовс\куррентверсион\експлорер\шелликоноверлайидентифиерс

And the same problem further:

SkyDrivePro2 (SyncInProgress) > Скидривепро2 (СинЦинпрогресс)
    OneDrive2 > Онедриве2

You simply can't follow this article to solve you issues.
    My advice is to add some HTML or XML tag or whatever other protection for those parts of text that shold…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide/suggest solutions to view docx source code

User Godsmith worded my question/concern very well at

https://superuser.com/questions/539919/view-source-equivalent-for-word-documents

Basically, I'm looking for a LaTeX-editing experience for producing .docx files, with the high control of formatting and display of my Word document.

Issue after issue after issue with formatting word documents keeps arising. There are better solutions such as LaTeX, however my workplace demands the use of Microsoft Word. So I am stuck with using Word.

Is there a way I can control what is happening with my Word Document at the source code level so that I have better control over the formatting and display options?

I know a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Numbers of active seats are displayed differently depending on pages

I would like you to improve how numbers of active seats are displayed in each page. Currently you can check seats in the following three pages, but the numbers are differrent depending on pages.
    Number of seats in the following page 1 and 2 are same but the number 3 shows are different seats numbers.
    1. Next to the Office install section in the user details pane from the Active users page in Microsoft 365 admin center (log-in in admin’s account)
    2. Detected installs numbers displayed on the Install status section in My account page (log-in in user’s account)
    3.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support all OpenType Features on Office 365

I've made a custom opentype font with contextual alternates (CALT feauture). It works just fine on both PC and MAC (indesign, Pages, notepad, ...) but not in the office package. (yes i clicked the contextual alternates) I think The office package doesn't support the full OpentYpe Features.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a mechanism to allow users to sync entire sharepoint site collections via onedrive

It would be useful to allow admins to provision users for the ability to set up a site collection sync for all libraries in one click if desired. This is particularly meaninful when there are onedrive sync client failures. We have had a number of instances in which the onedrive sync client broke, and the only solution was to have users go back through their lirbaries and re-sync them one at a time, which is really time consuming. We have about a hundred different subsites and libraries, so this is pretty painful. it happens to us once or twice a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. default notification

Outlook Mobile ignores when calendar appointments are set to no notification and instead uses a default of 15 minutes prior to meeting start. We use this on all day events so it wakes folks up just a few minutes before midnight. It should honor the setting of the appointment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1888-254-9670 American Airlines Customer Service

American Airlines is one in all the key airlines within us. any individual United Nations agency travels should have taken a flight once during this airline. it's the world’s largest airline fleet within the size, revenue, regular passengers carried and variety of destination served. These may be the most effective half for American Airlines however their square measure issues moreover. On a relentless basis, the passengers have issues relating to it. For that customer will contact the American Airlines Customer Service. the explanation for contacting them is that they need expertise for these forms of things and may assist you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow OneDrive KFM to worry with Folder Redirection polices

If you have FR configure by GPO
    E.g. Documents - \SERVER\Share\User\Documents

KFM in OneDrive will not work because of the path.
    The path has to be local “C:\Users\User\Documents

You can achieve this using FR GPO and selecting “Redirect to user local profile location”, also if you select “Move Contents” on the settings area of the GPO at logon the data will be copied from the server location to the local location.

However KFM still failed for me with the paths being local. I then had to set all FR GPOs to “Not Configured”.

To me this is pretty poor as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Conditional Formatting Window and Column resizing in Excel Offline

Excel's Conditional Formatting Window and Column Sizes cannot be resized! This restricts users with more than 5 rules to constantly scroll up and down. This is especially a problem as "copy" "paste" creates duplicates of Conditional formatting at the top of all rules.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creating a gantt chart for Outlook tasks

Outlook is our main tool when it comes to keeping track on tasks and to share tasks in our team. But it would be even more great (and less time-consuming) if we could create a gantt chart in order to get an better overview of tasks, deadlines etc.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base