Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable redirection of save location for OneNote to users' redirected home folders on a network

We have users who could potentially add confidential business data to OneNote so we need to be able to ensure that OneNote is not saved to the cloud, but redirected to all users' home folder directories. We need to be able to control this via group policy or similar and not depend on each individual to make a manual change

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. latest modified or updated items should appear on top in search results

when the search results are displayed in SharePoint online site, its by default sorted on the basis of rank but none of the results have same rank even if the content is similar for every metadata, in that case the latest modified content should appear first out of the box.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Zoom connector to Microsoft Flow

As Microsoft is planning to deprecate Skype for Business in coming year, can Zoom Connector be added to the supported list of connectors for Microsoft Flow ?

Our company is encouraging Zoom usage & we would like to use the same with MS flow.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add colour categories back into group calendars

we have been using colour categories in our group calendar for a while, and with the new version we are unable to do so! Would be nice to have them back. This is the web app FYI

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. shorten negative cache TTL

Currently "outlook.office365.com" has several CNAMEs and eventually it can be resolved as host on "ms-acdc.office.com" domain, such as "SIN-efz.ms-acdc.office.com".

ANSWERS:

-> outlook.office365.com
    canonical name = outlook.ha.office365.com
    ttl = 277 (4 mins 37 secs)
    -> outlook.ha.office365.com
    canonical name = outlook.ms-acdc.office.com
    ttl = 0 (0 secs)
    -> outlook.ms-acdc.office.com
    canonical name = SIN-efz.ms-acdc.office.com
    ttl = 59 (59 secs)

According to SOA record of "ms-acdc.office.com", minimum TTL (or negative cache TTL) is 3600sec and the customer considers this value is too big.

AUTHORITY RECORDS:

-> ms-acdc.office.com
    ttl = 25 (25 secs)
    primary name server = ns1-ms-acdc.office.com
    responsible mail addr = <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:hostmaster@microsoft.com">hostmaster@microsoft.com</a>
    7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Login MsOffice Account

Office My Account - if you are a existing user login office.com/myaccount, New user can create your office here. Once you account ready you can download and install MS Office in your device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bug in Outlook Calendar

Dear Team,

There is a 1-day holiday in my office and the Outlook Calendar is also showing 1 day, but when my mouse comes on that holiday in outlook calendar, the date of the next day is visible in the last day.
    Please find the attached screen shot.
    Example : In my office 2-Sep-2019 has holiday and outlook calendar showing date like below :
    Start Date : 9/2/2019 12:00 AM
    End Date : 9/3/2019 12:00 AM

But data should be like this :-
    Start Date : 9/2/2019 12:00 AM
    End Date : 9/2/2019 11:59 PM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Forwarding office365 web domain to an external hosting service like GoDaddy

Would like to forward only the "www" part of a domain hosted by office365 to an external hosting service like GoDaddy but there is no way of doing it as of today.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit Mobile Apps to log on to other tenants

Our research has shown us, that it is currently already possible, to limit Outlook and OneDrive on iOS devices to not allow end users to log on to other tenants:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/data-transfer-between-apps-manage-ios

Can we please have the same functionality also implemented for all other Microsoft Mobile Apps for iOS devices?

Priority 1
    • Word
    • Excel
    • PowerPoint
    • SharePoint
    • Teams
    • OneNote
    • Microsoft Authenticator
    • InTune Company Portal
    • InTune Managed Browser
    • Edge
    • Planner
    • Flow
    • PowerApps
    • Power BI
    • Delve
    • Azure Information Protection

• Visio Viewer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate Office 365 proplus updates with Windows Update

Office 365 ProPlus update configuration is a mess. Making it dependent on a network share and Scheduled task in year 2019 is like going back to 1995.

How come it's not possible to update it via Wsus?

Microsoft thinks SCCM is a great tool but it's way behind of PDQ,Spiceworks and other management tools. And people who tranied for SCCM can't confess how terrible SCCM designed is because then their knowledge would be wasted. Wake up guys! SCCM is the worst tool ever!

Please just integrate update of Office 365 ProPlus and let us update them like the rest of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow a pool of managers to request specific shifts for specific site staff but the request goes through a single manager for those staff.

At present - Shifts is geared up toward the individual requesting open shifts for themselves or moving the shift around, we need the ability for one person to manage the entire rota within shifts and for others to request a specific shift/s go to a specific set person/s and this request to go through the site resource manager who controls the calendar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. metting room

Ckeck room availability in outlook client.
    When i select a room in a box sharing i would like to see if the room is free or busy. In the owa this is possible, but not in outlook client .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Audio Note Recording Microsoft Office

Audio Notes Recording feature should be available for all Microsoft Office (MS) applications (Word, Excel... etc.), but for Word in especially. It was a great feature, and it should not have been taken out after MS Office 2011. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an archive feature for completed tasks in Planner like Trello

Can you please create the ability to archive tasks after they've been completed in Planner? We have hundreds of completed tasks that we do want the ability to come back to later, but they're skewing the Chart view because our Completed tasks far outweigh the open tasks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save as PDF should add file to Recent Items list / Quick Access, especially for Outlook

When editing, say, a Word document, the whole reason to Save as PDF (99% of the time) is to send that document to someone, rather than the original Word document.

Save as PDF should add the PDF file to Recent Items list / Quick Access, for easily adding as an attachment in a new Outlook email.

Currently, Save as PDF opens the saved file for review, but this also doesn't add to the recent items list or to Quick Access, so the quickest way is to close the review file, go to Quick Access,right click, choose Open File Location on…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Co-Authoring to file server workflows with Excel

It would be great if there was a workflow to co-author a document on an SMB server share without saving to OneDrive. Most of our project files live on a standard folder share, not OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add map feature to the outlook

Especially when send invitation. Current version of outlook can only state the meeting location. Adding the Mapping feature can direct the people go to the correct place. Etc, most of the construction site office do not have clear address. Mapping function can help people to able to find the place. Bonus feature: remind the user the time to depart according the distance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove Simplified Account Creation

I own Office 2019 Pro Plus specifically so I would not have to deal with Cloud or Internet based programs and the Simplified Account Creation forces Office, Edge, probably Cortana, and who knows what else to log into my MS account. Using the registry "fix" does no good as the user is forced to use POP/IMAP which does not sync contacts and calendar so I have to keep two copies of everything. One on outlook.com and another on my PC. IE11 should be the only thing accessing the internet when I request it, and the only thing that should be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide users with perpetual licenses free Office 365 usage

I have a perpetual office license for my PC and my Mac. Now I want to use office on my iPad Pro and am asked to get a subscription. That makes no sense as I have already purchased two licenses. This should be available to me at no extra cost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Save as PDF should allow to include bracket characters () in the file name in PowerPoint Online

When using PowerPoint Online and the filename include brackets, the option Save As PDF does not work. I couldn't find this restrictions in the "Invalid characters" that cannot be used in Sharepoint , OneDrive for Business so I'm assuming it is a restriction or a bug related to the PPTX conversion process in the backend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base