Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Option to manually Categorize shared files/folders in OneDrive for Business

Users should be able to mark/categorize files/folders in OneDrive which are shared with internal or external users so that they can bifurcate between them

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature that doesn’t recognize embedded images in the email body as attachments

We are having an issue that embedded image files in the email body in Rich Text or HTML format are recognized as attachments and the transport rule is triggered under the condition on existence of attachments. So, we would like to ask for a feature that doesn’t recognize embedded image files in the email body as attachments.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. .PST files synced to OneDrive for Business, creating mulitple versions

When an outlook connected .pst file is synced to OneDrive for business, it keeps on creating multiple versions of it post outlook it closed and reopened. There is no way to disable versioning for a specific file type in OneDrive, because of which it is consuming unnecessary space of our OneDrive storage. Please get this fixed as the size of the file remains the same but when outlook is closed and reopened OneDrive thinks the file is updated and creates a new one.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Audit log reliability concern: Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user

Audit log search reports a successful authentication for a non-existent user. Please have this fixed as this causes confusion to users. The values indicate "ResultStatus":"Succeeded" and "LogonError":"UserAccountNotFound. The values it suggests is misleading.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement a feature that notify Admin when the sending limit (30 emails per minute) is exceeded in Exchange Online

We would like to have a feature that notify to Admin stating the sending limit (30 emails per minute) is exceeded, besides receiving NDR.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Play Stream videos with full screen without rotating the screen

I would like you to add the feature to lock the screen rotating when playing Stream videos in iOS Stream App, because it shows videos in their original orientation automatically.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shifts roles and approval flows

Currently only one role - managers - can create shifts, approve requests etc. Most of the organizations have several roles like shift leads, supervisors/team leads, Managers, etc. Would be great if you could add roles capabilities so that Managers can enable Supervisors/Team Leads to manage teams schedule. Furthermore, as a Manager, I may want to be included or at least informed about the schedule and schedule requests so some approval flows would be also nice (Ex: 1st approval from Supervisor/Team Lead and Final approved from Manager or Approval from Supervisor/Team lead and Manager receive informal notification.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Check all files permission when a folder is deleted !

In a SharePoint document library, in Office 365, a user can delete a folder if he has the collaborate rules in it. So it's, but if there is one more files int it without permission for this user, this one can delete the folder and all files ares saved in it.
    It's necessary to prevent massive deletion and human error, to inform or block the user, when he delete a folder which contain files with no permission for he.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Global templates for OneNote in O365

Please provide the abiity to have global templates in OneNote. OneNote is a great tool however, in a corporate environment there is a need to provide global default tempates for compliance and standardisation of notetaking in some technical situations. People can currently only create and save their own templates locally.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Control inviting guest users

While restricting external users access by going Settings > Security & privacy > Sharing in Microsoft 365 admin center, we would like to invite a specific user.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support OpenType Features in PowerPoint

It would be awesome if we could use OpenType Features in Microsoft PowerPoint!

At the moment, only Microsoft Word and Outlook (in HTML messages) supports OpenType-Features. (in the Font Dialog box under "OpenType options")

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't turn off junk email in OWA's new interface

We can no longer turn off junk email filtering with the new office 365 OWA interface.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let users agree Terms when signing in Office 365

Implement features that show Terms/Read me, let user agree them and complete sign in, and record a log showing which users agreed the Terms. I think they are the standard features that Office 365 should have.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable external users to use Approvals in Flow

As explained by Microsoft Office365 Support, the template Approvals in Flow does not allow external users to interact with the full process. An external user can access a SharePoint site (e.g. to browse an item list) but he/she cannot press the button Approve/Reject in the email created by the Approval process in Flow. This restriction "by design" is negative for companies like ours where we handle approvals of documents by colleagues who work for different subsidiaries (=every subsidiary a different Office365 tenant) and therefore it is impossible to manage flow inside such organization.

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to submit support tickets from the new Microsoft 365 admin center (Preview)

Environment: Windows 10, Edge

I am unable to submit support tickets from Microsoft 365 admin center in preview.

There is a query text box shown by clicking Support > New service request and I can type the query in it, but I can’t click Contact support.

I checked with InPrivate browser and confirmed that the same issue happens.
    Since the same admin account can submit support ticked if preview is off, I would like you to enable the functionality in preview as well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When adding a feature, please be sure to let us know all of them in the public information.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 に新しい機能を追加する場合、公開情報ですべての追加機能を周知してほしい。
    When adding a feature, please be sure to let us know all of them in the public information.

■Description(内容):
    いつの間にか知らない機能が追加され、またその機能が不具合により使えなかったりと、大変混乱させられている。
    今回は Office アプリケーションにおいて [ライセンスの変更] ボタンが追加されたが、それについての公開情報はなく、またサポート窓口でその機能は使用できないと案内を受けた。
    機能を追加する際は、必ず公開情報で知らせるようにしてほしい。

It is very confusing that new features have been added without public information, and it can not be used due to a defect. In the Office application, [Change License] button was added, but no public information has been announced about it and I was notified that it can not be used at the support desk. When adding a function, please be sure to notify it by…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hide the job title on the contact card

It would be great if I can hide the job title registered in AAD from the public-facing contact card, because I don’t want external users to see the job title on the contact card in Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, and Outlook client. This design is not suitable for our organization.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add box/circle/oval drawing on Snip & Sketch

After a screen capture, often I need to highlight a capture part.
    I'd like to draw a colored boxes/circles/ovals
    Now I have to use paint.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow more than 2 hours in reminder snooze

In the previous OWA, you could snooze a reminder for up to a week. The new OWA allows only options up to 2 hours. This is ridiculous. Please restore the old options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mute individual participants on my end in a Microsoft Teams converence call

We're having lots of voice calls via Teams in an international company. Some calls have people on our side sitting in the same office, speaking with their own headset.
    What we hear is the colleagues in the same room in real time and with a short delay in our headsets again. Colleagues around the world we hear only once.
    It would be appreciated, if MS Team allows me to "silence" the colleagues around me just for myself, but not for the colleagues abroad.
    I would like to decide this per participant, so I could still hear colleagues at the end…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base